“A new standard in dining”

Lenzerheide Restaurant
Ranked #1 of 20 Restaurants in Hawthorn
Cuisines: European, Swiss
Good for: Romantic, Business meetings, Special occasions
Dining options: Lunch, Late Night, Dinner, Reservations
Description: Experience sumptuous elegance when you dine at the award winning Lenzerheide Restaurant. Established in 1989, you will enjoy the very best in fine dining Adelaide has to offer. Our highly trained, friendly and motivated staff, complimented by elegant surroundings and a sumptuous menu that uses the finest local produce will ensure your lunch or dinner is a very special and memorable occasion. Only ten minutes from the city centre, this innovatively restored former historical residence exudes an atmosphere of harmony and warmth.
Reviewed December 28, 2013

We have just had the most delightful lunch we have ever had in Australia. I only write reviews if the experience is great or awful. My wife and I had lunch with friends who are food and wine buffs but had not been to the Lenzerheide Restaurant in a few years. One of our companions has a lactose intolerance and this did not pose a problem as they modified her choices to suit. Staff were friendly and efficient. The food was simply stunning. It may be expensive by Adelaide standards but the saying " you get what you pay for " is so true in this case. We have dined in some great restaurants in Adelaide and around the country but Lenzerheide has set a new gold standard. Only a handful of restaurants in Europe can compare.

1  Thank Bill M

Reviewed December 23, 2013

Ok, so 1stly the decor is a little outdated and definitely needs some help, otherwise I would have given them a 5 star for sure. The restaurant is fine dining and so you do expect that the decor would suit this a little better, but a bit of a refurbishment and this restaurant would be at the top of its class. The food was soft textures but delectable, and of course the desserts were also divine. It was a beautiful old traditional building and I really enjoyed the experience and look forward to going back there again soon. As it is a fine dining restaurant I would like to see the romance key notched up a little as I think it would be best suited for those romantic nights with a partner.

1  Thank lucy-ang
Reviewed December 21, 2013

After emails to sort out my dietary requirements so it wasn't an issue...took them 3x to get my main right (one attempt even came as a piece of fish no sauce!!!)...when it came it was n ice - but 5 minutes after the others got theirs and my diet (health reasons) became a talking point - the idea was for it not to be - that is fine dining.

Wines were okay and okay priced - but not overwhelming (for a place that won't allow BYO - even @ a $30 corkage). And getting up top go choose...okay -but a wine list is fine dining...do both!

When you are going fine dining and/or silver service you want the experience.

Food was good - but not memorable...service okay - but the person who was 'looking after your table tonight'...disappeared then we started again with someone...Roast potatoes in duck fat are meant to be crispy...

Had a great night - but that was more company related!!

1  Thank S_J_Adelaide
Reviewed December 20, 2013

Based on previous reviews we booked high tea as a special Christmas treat for my 89 year old mother. The booking was for 3 adults and 1 child. On booking we were advised there was plenty of food, and no need to order extra for a nine year old. Fortunately, I had ordered a plain ham sandwich for him as he does not like mustard and other fillings. The food was well presented, and tasty, but for the $ amount paid minimalistic. Each adult had the equivalent of 1crustless sandwich, 2 scones, and 3 miniature desserts, ie the size of a 50 cent piece. Bear in mind this also had to be shared with a child. The waitress' was polite, but not attentive. Dirty dishes were not cleared, and we had to wave one down to order a coffee. We left feeling hungry and disappointed as it was such an anti climax to something we had been looking forward to for months.
There are far better high tea establishments in Adelaide.

Reviewed December 20, 2013

It's hard to fault this restaurant with its great food, service and ambience so, just to be different, I'll try :-) When I asked for the chips to be extra crispy, I was politely informed by the waiter that they are ALWAYS crispy. They weren't. There was still a level of two fingers in the expensive bottle of wine when it was whisked away without topping up any glasses. (Hope the staff enjoyed it!) The noise level was surprisingly high despite the soft furnishings, good layout and lack of excessively noisy patrons. Prices for desserts was quite exhorbitant. Had a great night, though, and at one time even had 5 staff fussing over us in a professionally attentive style.