“Retro and Chic and better get there early”

The Pantry on Egmont
Ranked #2 of 17 Restaurants in Hawthorn
Cuisines: Australian
Dining options: Breakfast
Dining options: Breakfast
Adelaide, Australia
“Retro and Chic and better get there early”
Reviewed June 8, 2014

Attended here today for breakfast and this is certainly a funky and happy place to eat. There are lovely paintings surrounding the walls and many old books and wares to keep you occupied while you browse the enjoyable menu for both breakfast and lunch. I found the prices reasonable and the servings very good. The staff are friendly and helpful and the chef gets the food out at a good speed without losing quality. I liked it and this will be one we will return to.
Just get there early or be prepared to wait for a seat.

• Visited June 2014

“Gorgeous !”
Reviewed June 2, 2014

Met a friend here for coffee and cake...what a find! Great staff, yummiest of cakes and delightful atmosphere. I saw a promo too for a degustation evening which sounded superb....it's only small but it's a definite must do if you are in Adelaide.

• Visited May 2014
Adelaide, Australia
“Fantastic food, provided you can find a seat”
Reviewed April 14, 2014

We visited here with a friend and just managed to grab the last 3 seats available in the place (by the window). This is a busy little cafe that doesn't take bookings so, on a number of occasions, we've seen how busy it is and kept on driving. Thankfully on this day we were able to find a seat and enjoy some of the delicious food here. I had falafels, which were fantastic, and my friend (from Sydney) had a veggie tart that she swears she will return to Adelaide just to eat again. The food came out fairly quickly and was reasonably priced.

• Visited January 2014
Brisbane, Australia
“Late brunch (so dunch?)”
Reviewed March 23, 2014

Went here with my brother on a Saturday morning and I loved it. The location was awesome (it's sort of out of the way and hidden somewhat) but the place was quite big and we had no problem sitting at one of the tables outside. The guys there were fantastic and really friendly!
I had the 'Smashed Avocado' with added bacon as well as an ice coffee. Went down a treat! It was presented well and the I got good value for money I believe. It's my new favourite brunch (even though we went in the afternoon) place and I wish I could go there more!

• Visited March 2014
“YUMMO”
Reviewed February 28, 2014

We will be back, probably not soon enough. Great coffee, inspired menu full of incredibly fresh ingredients, beautiful fresh juice combinations. Super reasonable prices. Lovely ambience. Great sweet personable service.

• Visited February 2014