“You could do better”

Holiday Inn Express Ridgeland - Jackson North Area
Ranked #12 of 16 Hotels in Ridgeland
“You could do better”
Reviewed July 29, 2013 via mobile

Hotel was fairly better than the reviews listed ,but there were a number of disappointments.Upon arrival we reserved 6 rooms (3 handicap) the room was not accessible for a wheelchair in a handicap room.After that room wa adjusted we decided to go swimming and came back to a a huge roach on the counter.When it was time to checkout I received the bill which was completely incorrect.I booked 6 hotel rooms all the same (suites) and each was priced differently.The quote I received over the phone and online was two different prices.Overall the staff was nice ,but I should have been accommodated for the mistake on their behalf.All in all I would give this hotel a 5 out of 10.

• Stayed July 2013
Aaron P, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Ridgeland - Jackson North Area, responded to this review, August 6, 2013
We would like to thank you for taking the time to write a review of the events that happened while staying with us here in Ridgeland. We always try to provide every guest with professional accommodations and service at our hotel, but unfortunately it seems this was not what you experienced. We hope that after our phone conversation you are once again a satisfied customer. Thank you again for your review and we look forward to seeing you in the future.
Kimberly Monk

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (17)
Melbourne, Australia
Reviewed July 19, 2013 via mobile

The hotel seems worn down, even though decor doesn't seem out of date. Bathrooms definitely need to be renovated. Ours had loose tiles and the bottom of the toilet (where it sits on the tiles) was being propped up with pieces of cardboard. The room doesn't have built in wardrobes. Instead they have free standing closets with are not tall enough to hang pants and dresses in full length. So annoying!!

Staff are friendly. Breakfast is sufficient and plentiful.

Housekeeping has the strangest system I've ever come across, and I stay in at least 25 different hotels per year. First a team comes in to take your towels - but they are not refreshed immediately. A second team comes in to clean your bathroom and make your bed. Then a third service takes place so that towels can be delivered. Often this happens hours later. On two occasions, I was working out in the gym when towels were taken. So I get back to my room and now have to dry myself with clothes as I don't have any towels! Terrible. It's almost like they need to launder them daily and don't have enough to stock all rooms with towels whilst having some in the wash.

Also the train comes past very often and very loudly - day and night.

Location is okay. Right near Logan's steakhouse and target. Although the hotel doesn't come up on google maps or the car GPS, so it took a while to find initially.

I won't be staying here again. We are gold members, so I think we are in one of the better rooms. I can't imagine what the other rooms are like!!!

• Stayed July 2013
Thank you for staying with us and providing us with your valuable feedback. I truly apologize for the not up to par experience you had during you stay with us. This is definitely not up to our standards and we are constantly working on improving the quality of service provided. Our goal is to provide clean and comfortable stay to all of our valued guest and make their stay a memorable one. Rest assured that the issues you have raised will be addressed and appropriate actions will be taken. .
Phoenix, Arizona
Reviewed July 13, 2013

Readers may know that I travel a great deal for business--and have a business budget. My colleague booked us here and I assume it would be like so many Hl Expresses before...average.
Pleasantly surprised right from the beginning with Jasmine's warm welcome and expedient service. Room was great--good A/C, clean, frig, WiFi was strong and consistent, comfortable, quiet. Snacks were in the lobby at 5pm--nice touch and breakfast was as good as most, better in some regards. Couldn't find any discernable flaws and the service was outstanding--everyone, repeat EVERYone said hello and wondered if my stay was OK and asked about the room. I find this to be the consummate touch in hospitality-land; I've stayed as an unknown in much more expensive places. Thanx to Jasmine and the HI-Ridgeland team for making my brief stay so pleasant. I'm not likely to get back to this part of the world anytime soon but I would drive extra to stay here and would certainly recommend it to all.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled on business
Thank you so much for the great response to your stay here with us in Ridgeland. Our number one goal is to provide excellent service to all our guests, and we feel very successful after reading your review. We hope to see you again in the future.
Howell, Michigan
Reviewed June 17, 2013

I have to say, I am done with Holiday Inn Express. I stayed in a Suite at the Holiday Inn Express in Ridgeland, MS on March 26. The room was in delporable condition. There was mold in the shower, carpets were ripped, the furniture was shabby and the kitchen area was almost inaccessible.
I recieved an off to write a review which I did. The initial response from Holiday Inn was shocking to say the least. In an email, Holiday Inn Express said they did not want to post the review and that someone would be in touch shortly. I recieved a 2nd email stating that someone from the hotel would be in contact with me with 48 hours. That never happened.

I contacted Hoiliday Inn Express again and was promised that someone would be incontact with - never happened.

Even though corporate apologized for my inconvenience and disatisfaction, I have never received word that the problem would be rectified or that they are working to improve the conditions.

Since they declined to publish my review or promise to fix the problem, I can only assume that you can't trust their review system and that this poor condition still exists and is likely to exist at other hotels within their chain.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank malmec1857
Aaron P, Director of Sales at Holiday Inn Express Ridgeland - Jackson North Area, responded to this review, July 5, 2013
We appreciate that you took the time to leave a comprehensive review. I am very sorry that you had an unhappy stay, our renovation process actually began in late April early May replacing all showers & tubs along with all carpets and lastly the furniture. Your comments are truly valuable, as this will give us an opportunity to look for areas to improve otherwise. Thank you for staying with us and we hope to host you again.
Reviewed May 16, 2013 via mobile

I don't normally look on these sites but when I checked into the hotel they gave me a card for Tripadvisor so I checked it out. (They assured me I would not get a ton of emails for going on here) After reading the older posts I have to say they have improved since those posts. I had a great stay, the staff was so friendly and even helped me with my bags. I was really shocked when I was greeted by both managers, they were serving snacks in the lobby. ( I loved the lemonaid) Great job to everyone I talked with, it made my stay even better.

• Stayed May 2013
We appreciate that you took the time to leave a comprehensive review, highlighting not only the bad but also the good. I am pleased you found our staff outstanding. Your comments are truly valuable, as this will give us an opportunity to look for areas to improve. Thank you for staying with us and we hope to host you again.
Houston, Texas
Reviewed May 16, 2013

I travel every other week for work and usually stay at the Courtyard. However, they were sold out do to a special event in town on my recent. I had the pleasure of staying at the Holiday Inn Express on this trip. The service from the time I walked into the door until I checked out was OUTSTANDING! The rooms were clean and had plenty of outlets to plug my phone, ipad and computer into.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled solo
Greenville, South Carolina
Reviewed May 14, 2013

This has got to be one of the best hotel stays I've ever experienced. When I first walked in, it smelled so clean and fresh and I was greeted with a smile by the front desk clerk who was so welcoming. She made me feel as if she knew me forever:) I also love the up to date look they have going after the remodeling that has taken place at this hotel. Although I'm not sure what the bathrooms looked like before mine was GREAT!!! Most of all and what I enjoyed most was the STAFF.. they sure will get your attention! This hotel really has that 5star service that you are looking for. I would definitely recommend this hotel to others and hopefully I will be back in the fall. Thanks you guys:)

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
Also consider these accommodations in or near Ridgeland
Hyatt Place Jackson/Ridgeland
Staybridge Suites Jackson
Staybridge Suites Jackson
#13 of 16 in Ridgeland
Days Inn & Suites Ridgeland

Been to Holiday Inn Express Ridgeland - Jackson North Area? Share your experiences!