“Excellent stay, awesome breakfast, and friendly staff!”

Holiday Inn Express Ridgeland - Jackson North Area
Ranked #10 of 16 Hotels in Ridgeland
Reviewed May 11, 2013

The stay was absolutely wonderful. I will not stay in another hotel while in jackson! The rooms, in my opinion, are the nicest in the Jackson area. They are very well kept up and clean! The complimentary breakfast was delicious. I travel a lot and they have the friendliest staff! They also have the cutest hard working maintenance man. If you have any problems he will have it fixed asap! All in all, it was the most excellent stay!

• Stayed: April 2013
Aaron P, Director of Sales at Holiday Inn Express Ridgeland - Jackson North Area, responded to this reviewResponded July 5, 2013

We appreciate that you took the time to leave a comprehensive review, highlighting not only the bad but also the good. I am pleased you found our staff outstanding. Your comments are truly valuable, as this will give us an opportunity to look for areas to improve. Thank you for staying with us and we hope to host you again.

Reviewed May 8, 2013

We have stayed at ALOT of hotels but with all the renovations this particular one has recently gone through (especially the bathrooms) this hotel was terrific!! The staff is super friendly and helpful and the rooms were very clean and nice....way to go holiday Inn.!

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled with family

Reviewed March 22, 2013 via mobile

When I booked this room I received a confirmation email. The email lists the address incorrectly. I use that email for my GPS settings. When I attempted to go to the hotel using my GPS, I was directed to an empty field. When I called the hotel I was told that this is an ongoing problem. I find that inexcusable. At the end of the day it cost me an extra hour getting to the hotel an hour I would've rather spent having dinner with my client.

The property itself is clean and the room is clean and Furnished nicely. The bed is comfortable. The bathroom is large and well supplied. I would note that the bathtub itself was unappealing, though clean it looked like it had been scrubbed so many times that the finish was coming off.

The room had a fridge and microwave which is nice

Nice selection of channels on the flat screen TV

My one complaint about the room beyond the unappealing bathtub, there is very low water pressure. I showered off peak and I was surprised at how low the water pressure was.

I would come back to this property but it would not be my first choice.

• Stayed: March 2013

Reviewed December 24, 2012

I stayed here for an extended business stay. The positives: Great location and ease of access. The staff was extraordinarily friendly and helpful. Just outstanding.

The negatives: A prior review said there was one working elevator back in September. Well, that one broke for the last 4 days of my stay. The side door which would have been exceptionally convenient for daily ingress and egress had a broken card key slot. From the front desk response it had been broken a very long time and there are apparently no plans to fix it.

In traveling around the Jackson area I saw a huge billboard advertising pancakes at Holiday Inn Express. I guess the suits at corporate are very proud to serve pancakes at breakfast since such billboards are very expense - but not so proud to have a working machine at the Ridgeland location. I found the machine out for only one day. It did not work - gee who would have guessed? So I challenged myself to make it work. The problem was that the batter had dried in the nozzle of the pouch. I rinsed it out and voila - pancakes - the famous HIE pancakes worthy of the praise of a billboard the size of half a basketball court. The machine disappeared for the last 5 days of my stay.

I had to leave a hand written note for more toilet paper and only one roll was installed at a time. You know how they typically triangle the front sheet. Well, "they" didn't get the memo. Do you know why they do it everywhere else. So the valued customer doesn't have to scratch through a quarter of a roll to start it - ever try to restart a roll of packing tape? Well, do it with your left arm bent at impossible angles until you finally give up and waddle over for the box of Kleenex.

Lastly, there are entirely too many tables and chairs in the dining area. You cannot get from here to there without a chair grabbing your backside like a pinball paddle. There is only one inconveniently located garbage can - so you are welcome to have your attendant bus my table.

Anyway, I am sure this will be responded with a perfunctory apology from the manager. But I know the door will still be broken. And the pancake machine will still be broken. And the dining room will be cluttered with too many tables. And that I will not stay here again should the occasion arise. You have to try harder! The competition is too stiff out there and another chain is sure to beat you.

• Stayed: December 2012
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express Ridgeland - Jackson North Area, responded to this reviewResponded January 8, 2013

Dear Bbarre,

We appreciate that you took the time to leave a comprehensive review, highlighting not only the bad but also the good. I am pleased you found our staff outstanding. I am sorry we were not able to exceed or at least be at par with your expectation and for any inconvenience the elevator issues may have caused you. I will make sure that your comments will be forwarded to the appropriate departments and be reviewed. Your comments are truly valuable, as this will give us an opportunity to look for areas to improve. Thank you for staying with us and we hope to host you again.

Irish V.
Case Manager
IHGCare

Reviewed December 5, 2012 via mobile

Stayed here one night for work. Beds were comfortable and appeared to be clean but drapes were broke(would not close all the way) and the tub was disgusting. With the exception of the bathroom and drapes it was okay but a bit overpriced for the quality.

• Stayed: December 2012
Sandra P, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Ridgeland - Jackson North Area, responded to this reviewResponded December 13, 2012

Dear Olson1980,

On behalf of the Management here at The Holiday Inn Express & Suites, I would like to sincerely apologize for your stay being less than satisfactory. You are RIGHT! You expect and DESERVE a completely CLEAN hotel room with everything in working order.

We would like to reassure you that this issue has be taken care of.

Once again we do appreciate your feedback.

Reviewed November 26, 2012

I had a great one night stay, the room was clean, comfortable and surprisingly large. Definitely better than the last two hotels I've stayed at in the area. I got in late at night and was happy to see they had a security guard on site. Breakfast was what you would expect from these types of hotels. I'm sure I'll be back.

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled on business

Dear Addison D, we cherish the privilege of welcoming you each time you choose to stay with us, and we look forward to welcoming you back again soon. We are very happy to know that you and your family felt safe and at home while visiting our property.

We look forward to accomondating you all on a future stay. Once again we greatly appreciate the feedback.

Reviewed October 21, 2012

Stayed here for a getaway weekend with family for shopping. They have a wonderful continental breakfast. Rooms were clean and staff was extremely friendly. The hotel was completely booked the weekend stayed and the staff managed to keep up. The only complaints are that the paint was peeling off in the shower and on 2 different occasions our key cards did not work. Good value hotel!!!

• Stayed: October 2012
Sandra P, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Ridgeland - Jackson North Area, responded to this reviewResponded November 8, 2012

On behalf of the staff and management we would like to thank you for this very positive feedback, regarding our breakfast and our hospitable and friendly staff. We greatly appreciate you taking the time to share your comments with us.

Together we strive to be the best so that we're deserving of nice compliments like from yourself.

Once again on behalf of the staff and management, Thank You

Sandra B Pryer

Also consider these accommodations in or near Ridgeland
Drury Inn & Suites Jackson Ridgeland
Hyatt Place Jackson/Ridgeland
Residence Inn Jackson Ridgeland
Hilton Jackson
Hilton Jackson
#1 of 39 in Jackson
Days Inn & Suites Ridgeland
Home2 Suites by Hilton Jackson/Ridgeland

Been to Holiday Inn Express Ridgeland - Jackson North Area? Share your experiences!