“The Hotels Smelled”

Ranked #13 of 16 Hotels in Ridgeland
Jackson, Mississippi
“The Hotels Smelled”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 6, 2012

When arriving at the hotel the lobby smelled like a dirty old sock, so we thought it will be ok in the room. The smell could be from outside or someone that had check in before us. Well we were wrong, the room was even worsts. The carpet, wall and furniture was very dirty at least the sheet on the bed looked clean.

Room Tip: Stay at the Hyatt about 2 miles North....
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express Ridgeland - Jackson North Area, responded to this review, August 26, 2012
Dear Roger S,

Thank you for your review regarding your experience. I appreciate the compliments on our clean linens. We greatly appreciate you taking the time to bring these matters to our attention and apologize for any inconvenience you experienced during your stay. We work very hard to ensure our facilities and service are superior and we strive to be the best Holiday Inn around. It sounds like we fell below your expectations, and I apologize you were not satisfied with the overall cleanliness of the room and unusual smell in the lobby. I have taken note and wish to thank you for all your valuable comments. These are of great importance to us and allow us to monitor and improve our service continually. I hope you will consider us again when you visit the area.

Zelyn N
Case Manager
IHG Care

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (17)
Norcross, Georgia
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 31, 2012

I attended this hotel on JUly 27th weekend along with my family reunion members. The parking lot was roped off due to cracked pavement, the waffle maker was broke on the first morning, my parents room had bed bugs, the toilet in their room and several others needed a plunger just to flush properly, there was water on the bathroom floor of another family member upon entering, the front desk assistance was ineffective when my parents called down to report the bed bugs. they had to go down to the desk. The person at the desk explained that "this is the south and you will have bugs." only one elevator was working. In reviews listed, others have had these same issues, so nothing has been resolved. Its not clean, it's old and should be renovated immediately. I will be calling the health department and the chamber since the manger is still MIA. Terrible and WILL NOT BE RETURNING.

Room Tip: expect bugs, old furniture and plumbing issues.
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express Ridgeland - Jackson North Area, responded to this review, August 16, 2012
Dear felicia j,

Thank you for leaving a review and choosing our hotel to host your reunion. I am sorry to hear your group was disappointed. Our hotel is very proud of its level of service and cleanliness.

Since there were many people in your group and we would like to discuss their concerns individually. Please ask the guests in your party that did have a concern to personally contact our Customer Care team at 800.621.0555. Thank you.

Katie J
Case Manager
IHGCare
Little Rock, Arkansas
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 11, 2012

Upon checking into this hotel the other night, I had some issues with the room's cleanliness. I shared my issues with the hotel manager, who was at the front desk. She took care of the issues and threw in a few "extras" for my troubles.

After having the initial problems resolved, the room is standard Holiday Inn Express quality. The furniture is showing some age, but I see this as no big issue.

I give this hotel a 3 simply because of the age and the wear evident in the furnishings. Otherwise, there is definitely nothing wrong with this hotel. I would stay again at this Holiday Inn Express.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled on business
, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Ridgeland - Jackson North Area, responded to this review, July 15, 2012

We sincerely appreciate your feedback, our customer comments are the best way to improve our overall guest satisfaction. Here at The Holiday Inn Express and Suites, Ridgeland, MS we do strive to be the best, and to take care of guests issues within a timely manner. So, that our guests can have a great experience.

Once again thanks for your valuable feedback.

I
Murfreesboro, Tennessee
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 2, 2012

Stayed here two nights May 30th to June 1st.
This hotel is located in a strange location. If you use Mapquest, Google, Bing, etc you will end up in the wrong location. The Holiday Inn Website is even incorrect. If you stay her enter the Drury Inn address which is just next door.

My room was clean. The bed and couch in my King room was comfortable. The bath tub looked dated, but was clean.

The front desk staff was very nice and positive.

Breakfast was good. I would stay here again.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled on business

For your positive feedback, we're diligently working with Google to correct our map. We do strive to be the best in customer satisfaction with our southern hospitality.

Once again we thank you for your feedback

Daphne, Alabama
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 2, 2012

I have stayed at this hotel frequently over the past 12 months the most recent trip being May 2012.
The rooms are always clean, beds very comfortable, internet working etc but the highlight is the front desk staff who greet me by name each time I return.
Even though I spend over 150 nights a year in hotels I have never written a review but this hotel is a gem and once you discover it you will not stay anywhere else in the Jackson/Ridgeland, MS area.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled on business

On behalf of the staff and management we would like to thank you for this very positive feedback. We do consider our staff as GEMS, that is what makes us a Winning Team. Together we strive to be the best so that we're deserving of nice compliments like from yourself.

Once again on behalf of the staff and management, Thank You

Iowa
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 10, 2012

From first look, the lobby, breakfast area, etc., all look good, but once we got into the hotel, used the one working elevator and got into our room, you could really tell that it needs to be cleaned.

Our room was decent, but it definitely left you with the feeling that it needed a really deep cleaning. The front desk & breakfast staff were excellent and the room price was decent, I just was looking for a little more.

It was very convenient to restaurants and the water pressure in the shower was good, even on the 4th floor. I did have a few little creepy crawlers in the bathroom though. However the mattresses were clean as I always pull up the sheets to look.

I'm not sure we would stay again simply because there are other hotels in the area to choose from. However, if they did a deep cleaning and fixed the 2nd elevator, it would be better.

• Stayed April 2012, traveled with friends
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 27, 2012

Stayed here one night on the way to New Orleans. The first room we were assigned was dirty-crumbs and other debris were on the carpet; hair in bathroom and stains in toilet. We called down to the front desk and we were changed to a new room asap in a friendly, apologetic manner. When I got to the other room, I realized that it must be an issue of a broken vacuum cleaner because the floor was just as dirty. Also, the carpet next to the bed along with the side table had a sticky residue of some kind of beverage. This hotel is very 'used' and dirty but the staff is great. Noise from the expressway is also a factor as well as the in-room refrigerator.

• Stayed March 2012, traveled with family
Sandra P, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Ridgeland - Jackson North Area, responded to this review, March 30, 2012

I would like to sincerely apologize for your less than satisfactory stay here at our location.We do thank you for taking the time to give us feedback on your more recent stay. I have read and addressed your concerns with our staff. I apologize for the cleanliness and noise issues that you experienced during your time here with us.

You invaluable feedback allows us to constantly improve our level of service and is greatly appreciated.

Thanking you again for your feeback.