“Great Hotel”

Ranked #6 of 16 Hotels in Ridgeland
Detroit, United States
“Great Hotel”
Reviewed May 20, 2013

When ever my husband and I visit Jackson, MS we stay at Homewood Suites, It is in a nice area plenty to see and do. Great Resturants, Malls, shopping centers, cafe's and great eatery's. The hotel was very clean and smelled fresh upon arrival.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple

1 Thank Robin W

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (26)
Reviewed May 19, 2013

We ended up here after my daughter's college softball team left the Quality Inn in Clinton due to dirty rooms and beds. The rooms are clean and spacious. We enjoyed the two TVs also. The breakfast buffet was fresh and of good quality. We would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed May 2013
1 Thank SheriKopo
Arlington, United States
Reviewed May 13, 2013

Excellent hotel. Liked the idea of having 2 TVs in the suite. My husband and I have different taste in TV programs. Therefore, I am not forced to watch sports the whole time I am in the room. The complimentary breakfast was great also.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple

1 Thank Richard H
Canton, MS, United States
Reviewed May 13, 2013

The two bedroom suite I stayed in at the Homewood Suites by Hilton was very nice. It had a full kitchen and dining area. It also had a living room. I was pleasantly surprised, because I did not expect the hotel suite to come with so many amenities. Upon arrival at the hotel, the hotel staff were very accommodating and courteous. The hotel lobby was beautiful and clean, so were the elevator, hallways and hotel room. The weekend stay also included free hot breakfast with a wide array of food to choose from. The food was also very delicious and satisfying. Overall my experience at the hotel was very nice and would highly recommend it. My only complaint is that the lighting in hotel room could have been a little brighter.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with family

1 Thank Karen W
Plano, Texas
Reviewed May 10, 2013

Excellent service and wonderful crew, good quality of reception food and breakfast. Highly recommended, better than any Hilton Branded facility. I will definitely go back there next time visiting Jackson, MI.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled on business

1 Thank Payam M
Abilene, United States
Reviewed May 9, 2013

First room smelled horribly of smoke. Second room smelled horribly of chemical to try to hide any smells (extremely strong). There was a non-hotel hanger sitting on the floor (after it was supposedly cleaned?). A maintenance man just walked in on me without knocking. He said he was there to wipe off the bathtub b/c he had fixed a slow draining problem earlier. He didn't offer to leave, he just proceeded in to the bathroom and about his business. HE WALKED IN TO MY ROOM WITHOUT KNOCKING AND THEN STAYED WITH OUT EVEN THINKING THAT WAS ODD. I mentioned to this to the front desk and they didn't even respond to it (like it was normal). The kicker was the next morning the bathtub filled up completely full while I was taking a shower so he didn't even fix the problem. The internet in the business center was sooooo slow which is a common problem in all Hilton properties. The internet speed in the room was also slow, but this was likely based on room placement. Both rooms they put me in were right next to the external exit (like 6 inches from it). I don't recommend these rooms. They said they didn't know anything about my profile preferences. I did have a great experience at this hotel the last time I stayed but that time they put me in a two bedroom suite and it was very nice (and unexpected). The breakfast was pretty good. They serve dinner too but I didn't eat there. That particular evening it was hamburgers and they didn't look good at all but they usually have pretty good food (especially for free).

• Stayed May 2013, traveled on business

3 Thank Christopher P L
VictoriaHopkins853, Manager at Homewood Suites by Hilton Jackson Ridgeland, responded to this review, May 22, 2013
Please allow me this opportunity to apologize for the inconveniences you experienced during your stay. You willingness to share your thoughts is appreciated.
The Homewood Suites by Hilton Jackson/Ridgeland is committed to providing our guests with the highest quality services and facilities. We sincerely regret we fell short of our goal in this instance. Your comments are important to the success of our organization, as we rely on you, our guest, to tell us how we are doing and how we can better meet your needs. I trust the action taken on our behalf will bring a sense of resolution and satisfaction concerning this matter.
Your willingness to share your experience is genuinely appreciated. I hope you will allow us the opportunity to serve your future lodging needs, as we would like the opportunity to provide you the level of service you expect from Homewood Suites by Hilton Hotels.

Victoria Hopkins
Sales Manager
Albuquerque, New Mexico
Reviewed May 8, 2013

Our room had holes in the walls, missing hardware, doors that would not close, and totally worn-out furniture. The microwave and oven were encrusted with food and the walls and floors were dirty. We used to stay at this hotel regularly, but it has become dilapidated and far below any acceptable standards.

Room Tip: Avoid this property until they do a total renovation.
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank abqsage
VictoriaHopkins853, Manager at Homewood Suites by Hilton Jackson Ridgeland, responded to this review, May 20, 2013
Thank you for your feedback of your recent stay with us. I understand you were unhappy with the cleanliness and of the room and apologize for this experience. We work hard to ensure the comfort and satisfaction of our guests and apologize that we were unable to meet that expectation. I am working with our housekeeping and maintenance staff to prevent this from happening in the future. I hope that if your travels bring you back to the area that you will consider staying with us again.

Victoria Hopkins
Sales Manager
Also consider these accommodations in or near Ridgeland
Staybridge Suites Jackson
Home2 Suites by Hilton Jackson/Ridgeland
Hilton Jackson
Hilton Jackson
#1 of 38 in Jackson

Been to Homewood Suites by Hilton Jackson Ridgeland? Share your experiences!