“Wonderful experience”

Ranked #6 of 16 Hotels in Ridgeland
Spencer, Indiana
“Wonderful experience”
Reviewed January 16, 2013

Clean, comfortable room and wonderful breakfast buffet. Pleasant desk staff and adequate parking. I enjoyed the entire experience and like the location being near the business situation I needed. The bed (king suite) was comfortable and the pillows allowed you to choose firm or soft to your own liking.

Room Tip: any King suite will be wonderful
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled solo
VictoriaHopkins853, Manager at Homewood Suites by Hilton Jackson Ridgeland, responded to this review, May 20, 2013
Thank you so much for your positive feedback!!! We are pleased that you enjoyed your stay here at the Homewood Suites!!! We hope whenever you are in the area again you will allow us to serve your lodging needs!!!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (27)
Milwaukee, WI
Reviewed January 2, 2013 via mobile

We stayed here for 4 days in December 2012. We had a double/suite. The staff, room and location were all fantastic. This hotel is right in the heart of the shopping and restaurants. Definitely try Burgers and Blues down the street. Breakfast is standard fare and good.

My only issues would be it can get a bit noisy if you are on the first or second floor. It can't be helped though. You just have to deal with the moving around above you. Also, there should be a towel rack by the bathroom sink. It's really odd that they neglected to do that when planning the space. And lastly, to the one housekeeper who seemed annoyed when I said good morning to her: I know it's not always easy to get up and come to work, but it reflects poorly on the property when the employees are acting like you are bothering them. She was the exception though, not the norm. Everyone else was friendly and cordial.

I would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed December 2012
1 Thank miltowntraveler
Farah J, Director of Sales at Homewood Suites by Hilton Jackson Ridgeland, responded to this review, March 4, 2013
Dear Guest,

Please accept my sincere apology for you experiencing less than satisfactory service while staying here at the Homewood Suites - Jackson- Ridgeland. I have discussed these issues with both my housekeeping and maintenance staff. I would like to invite you to give us another try if you are in the area again so that you can experience the wonderful service that so many of our guests have grown to love! Again, thank you for your feedback and we look forward to seeing you again.

King Regards,

Farah Jessop
Cleveland, Ohio
Reviewed December 10, 2012

Our stay at the Homewood Suites was wonderful! We were here for 13 weeks while our home was being remodeled in Jackson.

Even though there was extensive hotel remodeling in progress, the staff continued to be positive and the workers were sensitive to guests. We were impressed that the hotel cared enough to upgrade the property and the charming results are obvious.

The staff-- housekeeping, desk, kitchen, management, maintenance--were so professional with such warm hospitality. We will always remember Renita, Kim, Khande, Gary, Karolynn, Gigi, Pam,Chelsea, John, Brice, and Ruby. We thank Victoria for making our reservations.
What a special group of caring people who took such good care of us and always made us feel at home.

If you need a place to relax for one night or 100, the Homewood Suites is an excellent choice.
You can exercise in the fitness center while your clothes are washing in the laundry room, have dinner or breakfast in the dining room, and then return to your room to watch T.V. and sleep in a really comfortable bed that has quiet surroundings.

It's been a wonderful experience that we will never forget and for which we will always be grateful..

Marilyn

Room Tip: Corner rooms are larger and more private.
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank lita W
Missouri
Reviewed December 4, 2012

I stayed at this propery with my wife and toddler. The property was undergoing renovations; however, this did not detract from the stay. The staff was friendly and attentive to our needs. The first room we checked into had a few pet hairs. We were moved across the hall. For some reason, however, the front desk did not update their computer system to reflect our move to a new room. Thus, when we attempted to access the wireless internet and use the phone, we could not. The front desk finally remedied the problem. The second room we moved into had a cord missing from the phone - which was odd. A housekeeping attendant brought us a new cord and the phone worked fine. I'm not sure why the staff never noticed this beforehand. The room was nice. I wouldn't recommend a one-bedroom for anyone traveling with 3 or more people. It is just too small. Two adults in a one-bedroom suite is about all the guests the room can accomodate without feeling a little tight. The breakfast seating area was large and the breakfast options decent. The ramp that leads to the back door was poorly designed; it's too narrow and has hard to navigate turns.

Overall, the property is nothing to brag about but it is better than average

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
Buchanan, Michigan
Reviewed October 22, 2012

I've read previous reviews and I'm so glad I didn't have any of those issues! Our room was very nice and well kept. The only thing was, our fridge didn't work very well. Nothing would freeze in the freezer.
This hotel was in a great location to restaurants and shopping centres. But one great thing was, Mon-Thurs you don't really have to go anywhere! Breakfast and dinner are included! And everything was very delicious. **SHOUT OUT TO MS. GIGI...she was an AMAZING lady who made us feel at home. I saw several ppl going to hug her upon check out!
The front desk staff was very nice and helpfu. The only bad things I can really say about this place are: 1. Our room smelled like dog food. We sprayed, but each time we left the room closed up, the smell returned. 2. The housekeeper was very unorganized. Each day something strange happened. Day one, she left all the dirty towels sitting on top of the desk. Day two she left all of her cleaners on the bathroom counter. Both days, hair was left all over the towels...very off putting for a germophobe such as myself.
ALL IN ALL...I really enjoyed my stay here. I would definitely stay here again when in the area!

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with friends
Monroe, Louisiana
Reviewed October 14, 2012

I have always been pleased with the Homewood Suites, but I should have known things would not be best when I called the day before to upgrade to a 2 bedroom suite and the guy who answered told me (without his even checking) there were no 2 bedroom suites, only to call back later and they told me there was one.

I wanted a non-smoking room. As soon as I opened the door, it smelled of smoke. Under the sofa sleeper, there was an opened used condom package. The coffee maker had coffee and the grounds left in it.

We had met my college daughter for an overnight stay. She was looking forward to a home cooked meal. In the kitchen, and I use that term loosely, there was only 1 frying pan, no sauce pans, no sharp knives, no pircher. There was no dishwashing liquid. I ended up going out and buying 2 sauce pans, dishwashing liquid, Febreeze to spray the room. The only reason I didn't have to buy other things was because I had the foresight to take them with me.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
VictoriaHopkins853, Director of Sales at Homewood Suites by Hilton Jackson Ridgeland, responded to this review, October 16, 2012
Thank you for your feedback of your recent stay with us. I understand you were unhappy with the amount of cooking utensils in your room and apologize for this experience. We work hard to ensure the comfort and satisfaction of our guests and apologize that we were unable to meet that expectation. I am working diligently to ensure that all rooms are properly equipped with all brand standard approved utensils to prevent this from happening in the future. Please also accept our apology for the reservation issues you experienced. I hope that if you travels bring you back to the area that you will consider staying with us again.
Ridgeland, Mississippi
Reviewed October 14, 2012

Because of work in the area, I have stayed there several weeks. The towels I have gotten are dirty and smell. If it gets wet the smell is even worse and confirms they have not been laundered.
Lipstick that had not been through a laundry confirmed it. I now bring my own towels when I stay. My stays have been on the 2nd floor north side so it may be housekeeping for that area only. The remodeled rooms are otherwise clean.

While staying one week, I asked the lady at the front desk to make my reservation for the next 3 weeks. She admitted she was having problems but she would make them and send an email. I was still at the hotel and she did not bother to tell me she didn't make them. I found out I didn't have a reservation when I tried to check in on line.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled on business
Thank you for your feedback of your recent stay with us. I understand you were unhappy with the cleanliness of the linens in your room and apologize for this experience. We work hard to ensure the comfort and satisfaction of our guests and apologize that we were unable to meet that expectation. I am working with our housekeeping staff to prevent this from happening in the future. Please also accept our apology for the reservation issues you experienced. I hope that if you travels bring you back to the area that you will consider staying with us again.
Also consider these accommodations in or near Ridgeland
Home2 Suites by Hilton Jackson/Ridgeland
#13 of 16 in Ridgeland
Hilton Jackson
Hilton Jackson
#1 of 39 in Jackson

Been to Homewood Suites by Hilton Jackson Ridgeland? Share your experiences!