Homewood Suites by Hilton Jackson-Ridgeland
Priceline
$59
$109
Home2.com
All reviewsceiling fanhome away from homeliving areathe hotel stafffull kitchenstay at this hotel againa great staysmoking roomenjoyed my staybed was very comfortablefamily reunionshopping and restaurantsoatmealstaff was friendlyvery nice hotelcomplimentary breakfastsausage
FilterAll languages
Reviewed July 18, 2012

I've got to say, as someone who travels to this area often i've stayed at plenty of the hotels. i'll conceed that the Embassy Suites is still my favorite, although it's often too expensive to consider. However, i'm on a multiple night trip and i've moved this one to the (near) top of my list. Getting a room here is truly like renting an apartment for a few days. The living room has a table, sofa, and a nice leather style chair to prop your feet up on. The seperate bedroom has an aminity I don't think i've seen ANYWHERE... a ceiling fan! How about that? Just like home!

We did have one hiccup when I took a shower and got out to discover there were no bath towels in the room at all. Oops. But that was quickly fixed.

The food is good at the Monday-Thursday meal service although the happy hour wine and beer (two choices) is plain average. But, I understand that's how you keep the price reasonable. Breakfast has plenty of choices and the staff has been very helpful.

I was going to get in the pool that i can see from outside my window but the stormes chased me off. I'll try again tomorrow!

You usually get what you pay for, and in this case it fits my needs perfectly!

Room Tip: pick an interior room that faces the pool. Much quieter than the outside rooms that face the street
  • Stayed: July 2012, traveled on business
Reviewed July 17, 2012

We stayed 2 nights in a 1 BR King suite (has a separate living area). There was a musty smell in the living area that we could not figure out or eliminate. Other than that, suite was clean and quiet (was not sure at first since we overlooked the pool).

Felt safe in this location. It was very convenient to restaurants, etc. and easy on-off I-55.

Breakfast was good with plenty of variety. Coffee was HOT! YEAH! Area was clean and refilled promptly.

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed July 2, 2012

I was very excited to book this hotel room. I selected a two bedroom suite since I would have my husband, two kids, and stepdaughter. It seemed ideal-spacious, free breakfast and free light dinners. When we arrived at first glance-wow! A television in each room, a small kitchen and living area. But then it happened-we saw a ROACH crawling up the wall. THen we smelled it..what it was I do not know....just this odd kind of old odor.

DO NOT STAY HERE!!!

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank Caramel827
Reviewed May 4, 2012

We stayed here 2 nights, one night on the way to Dallas, TX and one night on the way home. I have to say that the staff here was so very friendly and helpful. Just the kind of nice that makes you feel good. The morning after our second stay, we were up at the crack of dawn and ready to get home. We were sitting in the restaurant area waiting for the "official" breakfast time to start so we could get the kids fed and hit the road. The staff insisted that we just go on ahead and eat. A very nice lady there even took my son to the kitchen area with her to see if they had the same kind of hot chocolate mix that he had at the Homewood Suites in Plano, TX. They really went over and above.

The hotel itself is a little older and some of the hallways had a slightly musty smell. Our room was nice though and we rested well.

My boys absolutely loved the aviary in the lobby.

• Stayed: November 2011, traveled with family
1  Thank Amy H
Reviewed March 29, 2012

This is a nice place to stay at a nice price. Tons of places to eat, shop and relax all in walking distance. Beds were very comfy!!!

• Stayed: March 2012, traveled with family