“Most friendly hotel staff I've ever dealt with”

Homewood Suites by Hilton Jackson-Ridgeland
Ranked #6 of 16 Hotels in Ridgeland
Reviewed May 4, 2012

We stayed here 2 nights, one night on the way to Dallas, TX and one night on the way home. I have to say that the staff here was so very friendly and helpful. Just the kind of nice that makes you feel good. The morning after our second stay, we were up at the crack of dawn and ready to get home. We were sitting in the restaurant area waiting for the "official" breakfast time to start so we could get the kids fed and hit the road. The staff insisted that we just go on ahead and eat. A very nice lady there even took my son to the kitchen area with her to see if they had the same kind of hot chocolate mix that he had at the Homewood Suites in Plano, TX. They really went over and above.

The hotel itself is a little older and some of the hallways had a slightly musty smell. Our room was nice though and we rested well.

My boys absolutely loved the aviary in the lobby.

• Stayed: November 2011, traveled with family
1  Thank Amy H

Reviewed March 29, 2012

This is a nice place to stay at a nice price. Tons of places to eat, shop and relax all in walking distance. Beds were very comfy!!!

• Stayed: March 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed March 24, 2012

This is a typical Homewood Suites hotel that delivers as well as this great brand typically does. We had no issues during our stay at the hotel.

We were able to check in online the day before and pick our room. That was a really cool feature. We enjoyed the room we selected on the first floor. It's a very small hotel, with just a couple of floors.

Since we stayed here in March, the outdoor pool was not available for use. That's too bad. The weather was nice and if the pool was heated, it could be an amenity that could be used for more of the year.

The manager's reception was just tap beer and pink wine. Other Homewood Suites we've stayed at have had a more elaborate selection. Similarly, breakfast was just "meh", but I've come to expect that from "free breakfast".

The room was nice, the beds were comfy and the tvs worked fine. It's easy to find a nice place to eat in the area. It felt like a busy suburban area - safe and with everything you could need just a stone's throw away.

Overall, I wouldn't hesitate to stay here again.

• Stayed: March 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed December 2, 2011

My family and I stayed here for several days since I had work commitments in Jackson. The hotel is typical Homework Suites, but the staff were absolutely outstanding! Check-in was a breeze, and we were informed about the week-nightly evening reception, which is really an above average, hot meal with beer on tap and wine. It is a great option after a long work day. Our every request (even a small maintenance issue) was met with a smile and prompt service. The lobby is also very inviting and great for business meetings. We had a room with 2 beds and there was plenty of room to set up our luggage and a pack and play. Our room's living room was somewhat tight but still livable for several days.

• Stayed: November 2011
1  Thank chem_dr
Reviewed October 31, 2011

This is a good hotel in a really safe part of the Jackson area. It is located near many restaurants and a mall, but is set back off the main artery so it is quiet and secluded. The breakfast is standard fare for Homewood, but it was fine and free. The rooms were spacious and clean and a good price for the area. What more could you ask for?

• Stayed: October 2011, traveled on business
3  Thank NiniMississippi
Reviewed October 19, 2011

I'll start by saying that I should've mentioned something to the manager but when your in town on business for two days it doesn't rate high on the priority list.

Not a great place for business travelers in the sense that there are no closets to hang clothes, no iron in the room and no hair dryer (I pack light when possible).

My late arrival was the most disappointing. Although I had notified the hotel of my late arrival the front doors were locked (the sign read, "for security purposes")- fine. As I stood outside (alone) in the dark and rang the bell and call buttons, no one came. Another group of guests showed up, also checking in late, and tried calling the front desk but no one answered. Thankfully a hotel guest saw us outside and let us in. After waiting another 5-10 min (we were getting concerned that there was some emergency), 2 staff members came inside from the front door apologizing for the wait. They explained that they don't like to take the trash out alone (I don't blame them) so they had to leave the desk unattended. I would hope that management would encourage this hotel to take trash out in the daylight and to not leave the desk unattended when guests have notified them of late arrivals.

So, the rest of the stay...the room appeared to have never seen a vacuum (nail clippings? Not mine.) and had an old smoke smell to it (non-smoking room and I don't smoke). I worked as a housekeeper while putting myself through college so I tend to have very high standards when it comes to a clean room, so this is probably a "picky" review but it's honest.

• Stayed: October 2011
1  Thank A2Trvlr
Reviewed October 6, 2011

Stayed at this property for three nights in September 2011. I was very impressed with the property, the rooms and the staff. The hotel provides a very substantial breakfast and evening social hour. Breakfasts included cheese omelettes, sausage gravy and biscuits, and scrambled eggs and bacon. Also, included a waffle machine, juices, cereal, various pastries, muffins and bread for toast, fruit and yogurt. Evening social hour consisted of wine and beer, as well, as enough food to make a light dinner. The first night, the main dish was chicken cooked in wine and vegetables that was very tasty, rice and salad fixings. The next night was tacos and salad fixings and the last night hamburgers, veggies and chips. It was really nice to relax in their nice lobby every evening and not have to get out. The hotel property is located in a quiet, almost residential area off busy County Line Road. There are many restaurants and shopping centers located within a minute or two of the hotel. I had a chance to use the workout room twice while there. There were two treadmills and an elliptical, plus a full set of dumbbells, a swiss ball, mats and a bench. The only downside of the workout room was that it was located right next to guest suites, so I would definitely ask not to be located near the workout room as the treadmills make a lot of noise! The rooms were very nice. There was a separate bedroom with doors that closed off from a full kitchen with full size refrigerator, microwave, two burner stove, sink and dishwasher. The adjoining living area contained a sofa and easy chair with a hassock to prop your feet up. There were flat screen TVs in both the living area and bedroom. The bed was very comfortable with luxury bedding. Although I was told wi-fi was not available in the guest rooms, I was able to connect to the wi-fi on my laptop the entire stay. I would definitely stay here again when travelling in this area in the future and would recommend it to anyone who likes the comforts of home while on the road.

Room Tip: Ask for a room away from the workout room.