“Good value to the place.”
Review of Quality Inn North

Quality Inn North
Ranked #15 of 16 Hotels in Ridgeland
BEMIDJI
“Good value to the place.”
Reviewed August 9, 2012 via mobile

Stayed here on a work trip. Room was large and had a fridge and microwave. Being on the road a lot it was nice having these features and a couch in the room too. King size bed was comfortable and clean. The cover had a stain maybe pizza? That appeared to have not been washed. Sheets and comforter did appear to be clean no hair or anything on them anywhere. Fridge door was messed up and it needed a defrost bad but seemed to the job well enough. Bathroom was small but sufficient. Toilet paper was ok for a hotel. Had breakfast wasn't bad. Air conditioning worked but wasn't great. Kept the room useable though. One guest person didn't seem super knowledgeable but the others I dealt with we're great. It was worth what I paid for it. No major complaints could use a going through and cleaning the corners and ten minutes of a maintenance person's time but was not a bad place at all.

• Stayed August 2012
1 Thank Eddiemn22

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (6)
Mobile, Alabama
Reviewed January 19, 2012

This hotel is an old Shoney's Inn and not very nice. The room was not clean and the drapes had a hole in them. The bed was a left over from when it was built. Not a good hotel and not well attended. Who ever ownes this is cheep and realy does not care about there guest.

• Stayed January 2012, traveled on business
1 Thank Funguy11
Lyles, Tennessee
Reviewed March 16, 2010

We really like Quality Inns. We have stayed in several from Tennessee, Alabama, and Mississippi and all of our experiences were good. This location in Ridgeland, MS was no different. The exterior was a little more dated than most of the others as well as the rooms. But it had a very comfy king bed, fridge, and wi-fi for about $50.00. You can't beat that. Our room did smell a little like cat urine. If patrons would honor the rules correctly these things would never happen. Friendly staff. Shoney's and a gas station are well within walking distance (practically in the lot).

• Stayed March 2010, traveled as a couple
Tampa, FL
Reviewed March 3, 2010

Somebody is obviously trying really hard to make this a great place to stay, but there are still one or two key areas that need improving. I stayed here for one night in early March, and here is what I found:

The woman at the front desk was very friendly and helpful, and check-in was smooth. The nightly rate was a deal.

The building is older, but in decent shape. Two floors, outdoor hallways, they do have an elevator, but I didn't use it.

The room, upon first inspection, was great. Nicer furniture than I find at most Choice hotels, including a nice size flat screen TV. The room had a good shower and a comfortable bed.

The breakfast was the best free breakfast I've had in a long time - all the standard fare with another friendly woman making fresh omelettes to order, a very nice touch.

The room was obviously cleaned - vacuumed, fresh towels & sheets, clean bathroom fixtures. There was a big stain on the bed spread, but stains that don't come out after washing don't bother me. What did bother me was the bed was slightly pulled out from the wall, and when I looked behind it, I found some waffle fries there. There was also coffee splattered all over the bathroom door. The coffee stains came off very easily with a wet tissue.

I woke up several times during the night from noise - once from sirens passing on the road, and two or three times from footsteps running past my door. I still slept OK, but it could have been better.

When I checked out, the woman at the front desk did not even ask how my stay was. With a little more thorough cleaning, and a little quieter, this place would be awesome. They are trying to be great, but they are not there yet.

• Stayed March 2010, traveled on business
1 Thank Firewalk
memphis
Reviewed September 23, 2009

We stayed for 4 nights we had 5 rooms the rooms were great the staff was wonderfull the breakfast was great for being free and we did have omlettes cooked to order and we had hot waffles the breakfast host was great we also got a chance to speak with the G.M. he and his staff really went out of the way the rate we paid was 69.99 which was good

• Stayed August 2009, traveled on business
louisiana
Reviewed June 11, 2009

Upon arrival the hotel looked dingy and old. I thought perhaps in interior would be suitable. Wrong, the lobby was disgusting and filthy, there was a trash can collecting water and the drapes were stained with what looked like dried blood. The front desk clerk was very nice and helpful. I asked to see my room before checking in due to the appearance of interior and exterior of hotel. Good thing I did, the rooms were unbelievable, one bedspread was stained with black gunk, the other had a huge hole in it that had been poorly patched with another kind of bedspread. The toilet did not have a seat, the towel bar was hanging off the wall and you could see outside when you closed the door. I was mortified and refused to stay there, I returned my key immediately and told the clerk we refused to stay there and she canceled our reservation without hesitation, she was the only good thing about the hotel. The maintenance man had a shirt that he left unbuttoned except for 2 buttons and left his stomach hanging out for all to see. I would never tell anyone to stay here, not even my worst enemy. I would have stayed in my car before sleeping there. DO NOT BOOK AT THIS HOTEL!!!!!!!!!

• Stayed June 2009, traveled on business
McLean, VA
Reviewed February 14, 2009

Got the room for only $55 on Priceline, so we saved money.

The first room we were in was incredibly smoky. So they moved us to a different room, which was only a little bit smoky.

Bathroom did not have a working light.

I have to say that the staff was very friendly, but the place is pretty much a dump.

• Liked — Price was only $55/night
  • Disliked — Not very clean
  • Stayed June 2008, traveled with family