“Home away from home”

Ranked #11 of 16 Hotels in Ridgeland
Plaquemine, Louisiana
“Home away from home”
Reviewed April 9, 2013

We had a suite with 2 bedrooms, 1 king, 1 queen, living area and fully equipped kitchen, 2 bathrooms and 3 flat screened TVs. No need to have all restaurant meals, great full breakfast in the morning and we all felt right at home. Front desk staff could not have been more helpful also.

Room Tip: A little noisy at night facing the front because of basketball court, BBQ and pool so maybe a room f...
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
stephanie w, Director of Sales at Residence Inn Jackson Ridgeland, responded to this review, May 22, 2013
Thank you for your feedback for the Residence Inn by Marriott - we genuinely appreciate you staying with us - You are always welcome and we would love for you to stay with us again if your travel brings you back to this area!!! Have a wonderful day and look forward to seeing you soon.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (29)
Mississippi
Reviewed March 14, 2013

I have never received anything but the finest service at this hotel. I travel for business and am usually in this hotel at least once every month. You cannot beat the staff for making sure that you are comfortable and have everything you could possibly need for your stay. This hotel is always my 1st choice when staying in this area!!! Kudos to the Residence Inn for a top-notch establishment!!!

Room Tip: The rooms that have a fireplace are especially nice. They are in limited supply but are certainly e...
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
Birmingham, Alabama
Reviewed March 1, 2013

I normally stay in the Pearl/Flowood area, however on this trip I needed to stay closer to Madison/Ridgeland. I had never stayed here before, but always do like the Residence Inn's and Homewood Suites when I can afford them.

The staff was SUPER friendly and nice. Made me feel very welcome and appreciated. The rooms were very spacious and clean. It was your typical Suite based hotel with living room/kitchen area and then bedroom. Internet was really great while I was there too. That's important.

Just a couple negatives that I would mention. 1) The breakfast was not very good while I was there. The eggs looked great, but were warm at best. The waffle machine was absent, but there was a space for one so maybe it was just out of order at the time. Then there were your standards, fruit, yogurt, bagels, toast. Also had grits, sausage, potato cakes and these little ham/egg English muffins. My coworker said these ham muffins were ok, basically tasted frozen then microwaved. Every place has bad days, so I wouldn't let this truly impact your decision.

2) The shower rod was one of those curved rods and they had installed it backwards in my opinion as the curved part bowed into the shower thereby making the shower smaller and the bathroom bigger in appearance. I think it was just my room that was like that b/c my coworkers was installed the other way he said. That just really bugged me though as my shower felt small and cramped.

3) And finally, the soft water. This is a common thing in Jackson and not Residence Inn's fault. I've not determined where the line is between what parts of town have this problem and which parts don't. Soft water is a huge annoyance for me, I feel like I can never get the soap off my body.

Negatives aside, I loved this hotel and I will most likely stay here again. I will though continue my search for a nice hotel that doesn't have the soft water issue in Jackson.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
Alabama
Reviewed January 3, 2013

When we last stayed here it was dirty but several months had gone by and it is very convenient, so we tried it again. My fault. The room was even dirtier and in worse condition so we gave the front desk person a written list of the problems as we went out with family on Sat. AM. When we returned nothing had been touched, there was dust everywhere the carpets had not been vacuumed and the worn furniture remained. I won't stay here again. Fortunately there are many choices nearby

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
stephanie w, Director of Sales at Residence Inn Jackson Ridgeland, responded to this review, January 9, 2013
Thank you for your feedback of your recent stay with us. I understand you were unhappy with the cleanliness of your suite and I appreciate you letting us know. I want to apologize for this experience you had - We work hard to ensure the comfort and satisfaction of our guests and apologize that we were unable to meet that expectation. I am working with our housekeeping staff to prevent this from happening in the future. I hope that if you travels bring you back to the area that you will consider giving us another opportunity by staying with us again.
Naperville, Illinois, USA
Reviewed November 30, 2012

This is a very nice, Marriott company standard suite-style hotel. My room was huge and very nice. The staff was warm, friendly and welcoming. The location was near my meetings and the major highways. My host was also staying at this hotel, and I stayed here on his recommendation. I would recommend this hotel and would return.

Some more details: My room was a two bedroom, two bathroom suite. It had a nice sized living room and a kitchen area. The three flatscreen TVs were plenty for me. Though I only needed to use one. I picked the bedroom with the double bed; I left the larger bedroom with the king sized bed untouched. The living room area had an excellent workspace with good, free, WIFI. It worked well, except in the evening hours after dinner. It got pretty slow.

The front desk area had a good 24 hour snack shoppe (pop, microwave food, ice cream, junk food). In the dinning area they served very nice cheese/crakers snacks around dinner time and a full breakfast in the morning. All complementary. The lobby had a business work area where we were able to print some materials for our meetings. This is pretty normal Marriott style service.

For this trip, the closer, preferred hotels were either all booked or more expensive. So for me, the choice was here or a hotel much further away from my meetings, but cheaper.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
stephanie w, Director of Sales at Residence Inn Jackson Ridgeland, responded to this review, December 3, 2012
We are honored that you stayed with us during your business trip and thank you so very much for your kind words about our hotel and staff. Our staff is focused on our guest and customer service is our top priority.

Please let us know when you come back this way as we would love for you to "come back home"! Happy Holidays to you and your family from the Residence Inn by Marriott - Jackson, Ridgeland, MS.
Reviewed November 20, 2012 via mobile

Staff friendly and helpful, lobby fireplace very inviting and comfortable. Great breakfast set up, with variety and taste. Rooms with kitchen, wifi, comfortable beds and great shower heads. Grocery shopping service free of charge. Well lighted and ample parking

• Stayed November 2012
stephanie w, Director of Sales at Residence Inn Jackson Ridgeland, responded to this review, November 27, 2012
We are so happy you stayed with us! Please let us know when your back in this area - we would love for you to stay with us again. Have a wonderful Holiday Season!!
Deerfield Beach, Florida
Reviewed November 18, 2012

I was supposed to stay at the Staybridge down the street, to arrive and realize I'd been walked to this hotel. Must say I was pleasantly surprised. Staff was friendly, room was clean and comfy. I was only here for one night, but will stay here in the future. Great location and super helpful staff!

• Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
Thank you so much for staying with us! If your travel brings you back to the Jackson-Ridgeland area, we would love for you to "come back home" and stay with us.