“25th wedding anniversary renewal -this hotel went beyond my expectations!”

Staybridge Suites Jackson
Ranked #13 of 16 Hotels in Ridgeland
Reviewed April 25, 2014

As the hotel of choice it was suggested that the family attending the wedding/reception reserve at the Staybridge Ridgewood road. Several rooms were booked. We had a lovely stay at your Jackson, MS location. The staff was exceptional from the front desk welcome and farewell to housekeeping and the ladies in the kitchen accommodating our whole family. The food was amazing! The rooms were clean and comfortable. We especially loved the two bedroom suite that allowed us to be close to each other yet separate :) Thank you again for a great time from start to finish. As a priority IHG member I knew what to expect but this hotel went beyond my expectations! We will definitely stay at Staybridge Jackson whenever we return to Mississippi. I really look forward to it!!

Room Tip: If you have two families - the two bedroom suite is very economical and everyone can be together but...
  • Stayed: April 2014, traveled with family
Patrice801, Director of Sales at Staybridge Suites Jackson, responded to this reviewResponded April 29, 2014

Thank you so much for your positive feedback. Team Staybridge is very happy that we could provide you with exceptional services. It makes us proud in knowing that you enjoyed your stay with us especially for such a memoriable occasion. If travels should bring you this way again, make sure you return to us.

There are newer reviews for Staybridge Suites Jackson

Reviewed April 2, 2014

StayBridge is rated pretty high on TripAdvisor so we thought we'd give it a try. Arrived at 2AM and the lobby was packed with people milling around, obviously not a "crime", I just found that odd. There was no parking anywhere to be found which was disturbing to say the least. Must admit we went across the street & parked. Two hours into our stay my wife became ill enough that we had to call an ambulance. Firefighers were there immediately but waited nearly 40 minutes for an ambulance which IS NOT the hotels fault. Had to extend our stay for four more nights, three of which I COULD NOT get into the building after midnight even though I was told my key had been updated. On Sunday night at 2AM I got back to the hotel from the hospital, key again didn't work and NO ONE answered the bell or my pounding! After 15 minutes I went across the street to another hotel where the desk clerk was not only awake but was willing to call the StayBridge for me, she had to call THREE times before someone finally answered the phone. Next day told key would work, got back around midnight, key didn't work. At that point I was done with this hotel so I just stayed right at the hospital with my wife. Would not recommend this hotel to anyone and certainly will never stay here again.

• Stayed: March 2014, traveled with family
Patrice801, Director of Sales at Staybridge Suites Jackson, responded to this reviewResponded April 9, 2014

On behalf of the Staybridge team, I would like to thank you for your feedback. Know that it is always our goal to make sure all of our guests have a positive experience while staying with us. I want to apologize for any incovenience you experienced while you were here with us. We truly believe in guest satisfaction and to know we fell short on your part saddens us as a team. I hope that if travels bring you this way, you will give us one more opportunity to "wow" you with A1 customer service!!

Reviewed March 7, 2014

I like the Staybridge Suites chain of hotels because of the value of both breakfast and dinner. The things that were disappointing - Not acknowledged as a priority member (and given the goody bag). Could have been because I was using my points for the stay? There were 2 heating/cooling control panels for the room. One had a missing face plate exposing the batteries. This panel did not work. The fan on the unit under the window did not work the best so I was uncomfortable during the stay. The walls were also extremely thin...I listened to my neighbor on his cell phone in his room for 20 min. I could even hear the person he was talking to on his cell! LOL. Now...the good stuff: The staff was extremely friendly and helpful. They ran out of food several times but because the staff was so pleasant, you just couldn't be mad. The front desk and kitchen crew always has a cheerful greeting. Kudos to the maintenance guy (fixing the flagpole) who helped my colleague with directions to the hotel. Because the hotel did not have a shuttle to/from the airport...not sure will stay here again when in the area unless I have wheels!

Room Tip: Choose top floor - corner unit. Walls are thin!
  • Stayed: March 2014, traveled on business

On behalf of the Staybridge team, I would like to thank you for your feedback. Know that it is always our goal to make sure all of our guests have a positive experience while staying with us. I want to apologize for any incovenience you experienced and I hope that if travels bring you back this way, you will allow us to really "wow" you with our services. We hope to see you soon!!

Reviewed March 7, 2014

Stayed at the Staybridge in Ridgeland MS on business from 18 to 21 February 2014 along with 2 other colleagues. Stay was fine. What a wonderful surprise when I returned home to view my "business" credit card and discover we were all double billed. Contacted the hotel and spoke with the General Manager, that stated "Oh yeah we're aware there was a problem in the billing for that week. It will be resolved in 24 to 48 hours." It is now 10 days later and the double billing is still on my card. The customer service I have received is terrible to say the least. No return calls or emails. My entire balance is due on my card and it looks like I'll be paying double for my short.....and only stay at the hotel. Travelers beware.

• Stayed: March 2014, traveled on business
Patrice801, Director of Sales at Staybridge Suites Jackson, responded to this reviewResponded March 12, 2014

Thank you so much for you feedback. We take both positive and constructive feedback very serious. The Staybridge team would like to apologize for the inconvenience you experienced while staying with us. Unfortunately, as irrational as it may sound, the double billing was totally out of our control. That week we experienced technology at its worst. Again we are sincerely sorry for this taking place as it is always our number one goal to provide the best customer service experience possible. We hope that you will give you another chance to make this right for you. If travels should bring you back to the Jackson/Ridgeland area, please stay with us and let us show you royal treatment at its best.

Reviewed January 24, 2014

This is hands down the #1 hotel in Jackson. I stay here every time I visit Jackson.The staff is awesome, breakfast is delicious, and the renovations they've done are amazing! Staybridge is centrally located near several restaurants and shops, and is just off highway 55 if you decided to go outside of this area. I haven't had the chance to enjoy the social they have Tues-Thurs but the menu looks fantastic. Keep up the good work.

• Stayed: January 2014, traveled as a couple

It warms our hearts to know that people view us as being #1. Team Staybridge always strives for excellence and we are happy to know that people like you notices our hard work and dedication in providing you with the best home away from home experience as we possibly can. Thank you so much for your compliments. It is our number one goal to make sure all of our guests are extremely satisfied with not only our fabulous establishment but with our services we provide to you as well. Thank you for making us your hotel of choice and we hope to see you again very soon!!

Reviewed January 2, 2014 via mobile

I had the pleasure of staying at Staybridge in Ridgeland for four nights (12/28 - 12/31). I will definitely be returning as we had a wonderful experience here. The entire hotel staff was friendly and attentive. The manager (I think his name is Alvin) was very personable and has a great sense of humor. He was very accommodating when we extended our stay by matching our previous nights' rate.

The room appeared to be recently renovated. It was clean and odor free. The kitchenette (full size refrigerator, microwave, dishwasher, and mini stovetop with 2 burners) was helpful as we were traveling with children. The beds were comfortable and the two televisions were an added bonus.

The free breakfast consisted of a variety of fruit (honeydew melon,cantaloupe, apples, and oranges), yogurt, oatmeal (with toppings), breads/bagels, muffins, make your own waffles, sausage (3 days), ham (1 day), scrambled eggs, hard boiled eggs, grits (2 days), home style potatoes (1day), biscuits (1day), and various cereals. The orange juice was out each day but apple and cranberry juices were available. The ladies working in the kitchen were very friendly and promptly replenished items.

We used the complimentary washers and dryers (one washer was not working but there was at least three other washers and four dryers).

The only "compliant" I have is that the wireless was very slow on our last day. I suspect that this was likely due to an increased number or users.

This hotel is definitely one of the best that the Jackson area has to offer. It is conveniently located to I-55, shopping, & restaurants and it is reasonably priced with updated amenities, clean facilities, free hot breakfast, and a friendly staff.

Stayed: December 2013
1  Thank travelmommy5

We would like to sincerely thank you for your positive feedback. The Staybridge team is very happy you enjoyed your stay with us. We are truly happy that not only did you notice the renovation but you appreciated it as well. We do apologize for the internet being a bit slow, but this has been taken care of along with the one washer that was not working. The next time travels bring you back to the Jackson/Ridgeland area, please come get comfortable at Staybridge Suites!!

Reviewed December 30, 2013

We stayed at the Staybridge Suites Jackson for a long weekend with a group of eight - four adults and four kids. We had two rooms - a 2BR and a 1BR.

The Good:
- the rooms were really nice and spacious.
- everything was in good condition and working order
- despite the in-room signs saying that the "light" housekeeping wasn't performed on weekends, it was
- wi-fi worked great
- price. The rooms were very reasonable, especially for the size and amenities

The Bad:
- no matter what we did, the shower curtains (all three of them) couldn't be closed enough to prevent flooding the floors. We had to use towels to mop up messes every time.
- there were no boxes of tissues to be found in either room, which was troublesome for us getting over head colds.
- I called the front desk the day before we checked in to ensure there were DVD players in the rooms. I was told that every room had a DVD player. We had five TVs between the two rooms - not a single DVD player. The front desk was able to round one up for us though.
- their "pantry" is somewhat of a joke unless you're in the need for over-the counter meds or bottled water or diet coke. The freezer cooler that was probably supposed to stock frozen foods and snacks had a single pint of Haagen-Dazs coffee ice cream in it the entire time.

The Ugly:
- breakfast. The first day the breakfast was horrendous - no plates, no silverware, and barely anything stocked. When I inquired, I was told two cooks has called off and two people were running both the front desk and breakfast. It was a really, really bad situation. For example, when they finally re-stocked biscuits, they were still half-frozen in the middle. The second day was better, but nothing great. The food quality was OK at best. The make-your-own waffle batter was so watered down the waffles barely had any flavor. On day 1 the fresh fruit option consisted of bowl with - count 'em - two oranges; on day 2, there was melon too. There was no orange juice whatsoever either day; on day 2, the only juice available was cranberry. One highlight was that they have a soda dispenser available during breakfast, which is good for us caffeine-dependent non-coffee drinkers.

Overall, we liked the Staybridge Suites but were really disappointed with breakfast. While I can understand being in a pickle (when the two cooks called off), the hotel is still responsible for offering breakfast as advertised. From a CNN article in 2010 - " Seventy percent of U.S. leisure travelers consider getting a free breakfast included with the room rate as extremely or very influential in their selection of a hotel or resort, according to the Ypartnership/Harrison Group 2010 Portrait of American Travelers... Business travelers like it too: 63 percent of them say a free breakfast is extremely or very desirable when they choose a hotel or resort, according to the Ypartnership/Yankelovich Inc. 2009 National Business Traveler Monitor." I typically look for a hotel to offer a good breakfast when looking for a place to stay. The Staybridge Suites Jackson came up really short, which is why I'm not sure I'd stay here again.

• Stayed: December 2013, traveled with family
2  Thank lionfan91
Patrice801, Director of Sales at Staybridge Suites Jackson, responded to this reviewResponded January 7, 2014

My team and I would like to thank you for taking the time to review our hotel. We realize that without guest like you giving us valuable feedback we would not be able to make necessary improvements. Our Staybridge team makes it our top priority to ensure that every guest has a pleasurable experience when they stay with us. Unfortunately their where some mishaps that occurred during your stay with breakfast and on behalf of myself and my team I would like to apologize to you because we failed to meet your expectations as a guest. The management staff of Staybridge Suites Jackson/Ridgeland have met and discussed your review and ways we can prevent this from occurring again. We hope that when travels bring you to the area again that you will please give us another try. We hope to see you again in the future and wish you the best.