“Or nahhhh”

Cock of The WALK Restaurant
Ranked #5 of 156 Restaurants in Ridgeland
Cuisines: American, Seafood
Dining options: Reservations
Description: World Famous U.S. Pond raised Fried Catfish!
Reviewed May 4, 2014 via mobile

We had to wait 1 hour. No one was here then another hour for food. Never again! Got her at 6 didn't leave till 10

1  Thank Holly H

Reviewed May 1, 2014

OMG. This place was awesome. There are 2 meats on the menu - Fried Chicken or Fried Catfish. If you are on a diet or watching your figure don't come here. It was my cheat day, so that's why I came and I was HAPPY. If you just like good down south cooking this is the place to come. I had the catfish, greens, onion rings, coleslaw, cornbread, pickled onions and ice tea... Needless to say I was full for the rest of the day and half the next. I had everything i listed and my bill came to $16.95. I WAS SHOCKED! That would have been a $45 meal back home. This place is worth it and everything was EXCELLENT!

1  Thank Wendy B
Reviewed April 15, 2014

Nice restaurant. Catfish is great. If you don't eat fried foods, don't go. All fried. They also have chicken strips. Cornbread looked good, but didn't eat any.

Reviewed April 2, 2014 via mobile

If you like fried fish or chicken, this is your place. Menu is limited to these two main items. The portions are HUGE so beware. We ordered a small order of the fried pickles (very good!) but that was a big order too.

The catfish was excellent. The meal included 4 moderate sized filets of catfish, a heaping pile of fries, coleslaw, skillet bread (cornbread with a jalapeño kick- good flavor), 3 hush puppies and pickled onions. Whew! The hush puppies were great-not overdone at all. The pickled onions were good but definitely pickled. The coleslaw was good too but I just couldn't eat that much.

The atmosphere is nice being right on the water. I wish there was outdoor seating but there isn't. I'm sure you'd be over run with seagulls if there were. The plates are tin pie pans. The cups are tin coffee cup like. You kinda feel like your on a dude ranch or something. Different from the ordinary, run of the mill places.

Definitely worth visiting if you're around the Jackson area. Go hungry or share is my recommendation. You can take leftovers but that's hard to do staying in a hotel.

Reviewed April 2, 2014 via mobile

I have eaten here several times and the experience really does not match the anticipation. Chicken was ok. Catfish could have been better. Plenty of food and kudos to Helen our waitress. We were 30 people and she did well in managing our orders and keeping the drinks refilled. The view over the lake was super and the kids getting to feed the ducks and geese after we ate was a highlight. If you want something off the beaten path go for it.