“Not what it is made out to be!”

Amerigo Italian Restaurant
Ranked #1 of 148 Restaurants in Ridgeland
Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: Dinner, Breakfast, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Cross street: County Line Road
Description: For over 25 years, Amerigo has been a local Jackson favorite. Authentic Italian pastas, hand-made pizzas, fresh seafood and wood-fired steaks offer something for everyone at Amerigo. And if your tastes veer toward wine, you'll find everything from affordable, every day wines to single vineyard varietals from Piedmont to Sicily. Amerigo serves lunch and dinner daily, as well as brunch on Sunday. Early bird is available daily between 4-6pm, and we offer over 15 gluten-free dishes to choose from. We also cater! Our Sales Manager will work with you to create a customized menu for your special event. Delivery and full-service catering options are available.
Brandon, Mississippi, United States
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Not what it is made out to be!”
Reviewed July 19, 2013

My family and I have heard such wonderful experiences about Amerigo's so we decided to try for ourselves. There was nothing that was special about the food to make me say that I would want to go back. We are from NOLA and maybe our expectations are set to high?
I love Eggplant Parmesan and wanted to try theirs. When it came out it smelled like it had been frozen and heated up. I will say that the red sauce was rich and tasty, just not enough to cover my pasta. My husband order the Chicken Alfredo with looked delicious, but it was cold and very little chicken. I will say the best part of our meal was the bread! I will not be going back anytime soon.

• Visited July 2013

Jackson, Mississippi
“Always delish!”
Reviewed July 8, 2013

Friday night at 7pm wait time was 35 minutes but we were seated in 10. Service is outstanding. Ribeye special was amazing; cooked to perfection. Goat cheese and penne was delightful. Can't go wrong with cheese fritters! Nice selection of wine.

• Visited July 2013
Chicago, Illinois
“Nothing special”
Reviewed July 4, 2013

I went to this restaurant for the first time recently. They do not take reservations which is a shame as it is very crowded. The food is Italian, but by far not the best I have had in Jackson or elsewhere. The service was good and the hostess very helpful in making accommodations for us with the perfect table for our party of 5 adults and 2 kids. They do have nice choices for kids.

• Visited June 2013
“Romantic and always delicious!”
Reviewed June 18, 2013

I have been to Amerigos several times for date night! The food is always amazing! The service is very professional the seafood tortellini is to die for!!!! They're pasta is so flavorful and creamy I love it for a fine dining option!

• Visited June 2013
Mississippi
“Worth every effort”
Reviewed June 9, 2013 via mobile

We checked in our hotel in Madison, MS next door to Bonefish Grill. We walked over out of convenience and were given a table. We were waiting for about ten minutes and never had a waiter. We walked out and drove five miles to Amerigo's what a difference in fine dining. The experience was wonderful. The crab cake was outstanding. The filet was fabulous. My wife had a seafood pasta special. Everything was wonderful. I highly recommend this restaurant to everyone.

Visited June 2013