“We liked it”

Cuisines: American
Madison, MS
“We liked it”
Reviewed February 21, 2013

This was our first visit so we didnt know what to expect except they were somehow related to the Greenville Does which for me wasnt a positive. It is a little small but seemed to handle the lunch crowd fairly well. You have to order then find a table because they will not let you "save" a table but didnt seem to be a problem as no one was left waiting. I ordered the shrimp poboay and my wife had the egg plant sandwich-cant remember the name. My sandwich was good and the shrimp wasnt the standard frozen shrimp found everywhere else and was much better quality. My wife realy liked her eggplant and thought it was excellent. Its a little on the pricey side but very good in my opinion.

• Visited February 2013

Canton, Mississippi
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“There is nothing like it.....PERIOD!”
Reviewed November 7, 2012

The best Shrimp Poboy I have since leaving New Orleans! They use the most fresh Leidenheimers Poboy bread you can find anywhere outside the big easy! Certainly the portions alone are enough to feed the growing appetite of the local foodies. I have been nothing short of impressed with my numerous visits to this new staple in the Madison Ridgeland area. People should break out of their comfort zones and try this new experience! I like the size of the place, easier for me to see what everyone else is enjoying and how much it reminds me of one of those cramped New Orleans style joints that I grew up frequenting often. Hand-battered overstuffed poboys are plenty filling themselves but there is also a wide variety of side orders for those that crave more. Prices are more than comparable to what you would expect to pay in NOLA. Signa's Grille...thanks for being!

1 Thank Randy H
Canton, Mississippi
“You might leave HUNGRY!!”
Reviewed October 23, 2012

Maybe I just have higher expectations for New orleans style food BUT this time I was very disappointed--not just in the QUALITY but in the QUANTITY of food rec'd for the $$$$. The blackened catfish po-boy was a generopus piece of fish--but that was it! No chips or ANYTHING!! And at $10, not GOOD!! The bread was more "hoagie-style"--I could have been won over for authentic french bread but not so. I admire new ventures, but honestly, too much for too little!!!!

1 Thank BeBe53207
Jackson, Mississippi
“Has promise”
Reviewed October 21, 2012

Three of us went to this new restaurant at noon Friday. The place was crowded with people which resulted in no place to sit inside or out. They took our order and it worked out that the food didn't come out before a table opened up. So I suggest that you go before or after the rush. The food is ordered at the counter and picked up there (no service). The people were friendly. The food was good, but not great. My fried shrimp po-boy tasted like frozen shrimp. The Signa family owns Doe's Eat place in Greenville, MS which is highly rated for their good food. It looked to us that they should have invested in a larger place to start up. The crowd was lively which meant there was too much noise in such a small place. Seems most new restaurants have hard surfaces so that noise is too loud.