“Best Restaurant in Jackson!”
Review of Anjou Restaurant

Anjou Restaurant
Ranked #6 of 152 Restaurants in Ridgeland
Cuisines: American, French
Dining options: Breakfast, Dinner, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Description: Anjou is our classic French bistro led by father-daughter duo Christian Amelot and Anne Amelot-Holmes. A graduate of Savoie Leman culinary school, Christian brings over 40 years of French culinary expertise to the kitchen. Also born and trained in Le Ferte-Bernard, France, Anne is the proprietor/general manager of Anjou. The two work hand-in-hand to merge authentic, Old World flavors with Southern favorites for a deliciously crafted menu. We accept reservations for groups of all sizes in our dining room, in addition to two private dining rooms and a lakeside patio that can be booked for private events. Anjou also offers delivery and full-service catering options for groups of any size! Our Sales Manager will work with you to create a customized menu with hors d'oeuvres, family-style or seated meal options.
Reviewed August 13, 2014

We haven't lived in Jackson long, just about a year, but we absolutely LOVE Anjou. The quality of service, food and knowledge is unbeatable. Our waiter, Emerson, was fabulous. He is THE best waiter we have had in all of Jackson. We had the mussels with the white wine cream sauce, YUM. It was my first time eating mussels and we ate the whole plate. We then each had a salad with salmon (which was cooked perfectly) and the french onion soup, which is cheesy and oh so yummy. The wine list is good, also. It was our 3rd time to Anjou and we will definitely be back. Thanks for the great food and service!!

1  Thank Taylor K
There are newer reviews for Anjou Restaurant

Reviewed August 3, 2014

Want great food from an eclectic chef? You won't believe this place! Everything in the menu is excellent, please in everyway

Reviewed July 28, 2014

The Brunch experience at Anjou was a First with many more to come! My Wife and I had selected Anjou a week in advance for our Sunday Brunch. The location, atmosphere, menu and especially the Staff made the experience a very necessary "let's do this again next Sunday!" plan. We took the offered Fresh Hot Bread (excellent) and spent some time looking over the Menu (so many enticing choices). I took our Waitress' suggestion (her stated personal favourite dish), Croque Monsieur, my Wife selected a variation, Croque Madame (with a Sunny Side Egg addition) and we shared an order of Chocolate Profiteroles for the finish. We both felt like favoured guests! On the way home, we laid out our plan for a visit again next week at the very latest. I highly recommend this Jewel!

Reviewed July 20, 2014

Three visits to Anjou recently have convinced me that this is the place to go. Escargot, salad with salmon, and the veggie plate are awesome. The Anjou veggie plate has a bed of spaghetti squash, olives, tomato, cauliflower and other veggies and a tasty marinara-- and you can add salmon or chicken, but a worthy meal either way.
Lots of wines by the glass or bottle are available.
The service is excellent, make friends with Constantine the bartender, he is great.
The atmosphere is upscale yet casual, very comfortable and relaxing. Outdoor dining available overlooking the lake/pond.
Try Anjou, you will like it.

Reviewed June 25, 2014

A winner: this place has it all: Location, atmosphere, terrific service and food! I was in Jackson on a business trip and decided to try Anjou in the Ridgeland area. The setting is very nice as it is located on a small lake with both indoor and outdoor patio seating. There are ducks on the lake and a walking path so it is fun to people watch as well. Inside is a trendy, upscale restaurant with tables placed far enough apart to lend the feeling of privacy as well as open space. I saw a couple on a date, a business group and a mixture of families and adult diners. It looks welcoming and comfortable - not stiff at all. There is also a full bar area with its own seating available. The service was excellent - attentive without being intrusive. One nice feature, since there was extra food at every course leftover, my waiter kindly offered to box it for me. If I had been a local, I could have had another entire meal! I am a fan of outdoor seating and the weather was pleasant so I chose to sit out on the patio. The wrought iron tables and cushioned chairs have umbrellas if you need the shade. There are string lights around the patio that provided a nice, festive atmosphere. You can order menu items or a set $30 meal that provides 4 courses which I ordered as it was a good value based on the menu pricing and was a good representation of their food. The fixed price meal has a smaller serving of the appetizers and salad than if you ordered from the menu directly, but was more than plenty for one! They bring you a fresh, warm french bread loaf to start. I started with a cheese board ($15 on the menu) which contained 3 wedges of drunken goat, a brie type, and a muenster type cheese along with a very good and flavorful, rosemary infused jelly and French bread. The French onion soup cup ($4 cup/$6 bowl on the menu) was very good with the cheese melted and toasted on top and plenty of onions in the broth. A cup is on the smaller size which is perfect for the meal. My platter of steak frittes, sliced grilled hanger steak with crispy fries ($27 on the menu) was huge. The steak was good, but I would definitely try one of the toppings to give it extra flavor. The frittes were really crunchy, fantastic French fries. Finally the dessert was a chocolate tart or cheesecake tart. I ordered the chocolate. It was wonderful and very rich with a flaky crisp crust. This was a fabulous meal with great service and the evening, outdoor seating was very pleasant. A real gem