“Wonderful restaurant”

Ranked #3 of 156 Restaurants in Ridgeland
Cuisines: American, French
Dining options: Dinner, Breakfast, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Description: Anjou is our classic French bistro led by father-daughter duo Christian Amelot and Anne Amelot-Holmes. A graduate of Savoie Leman culinary school, Christian brings over 40 years of French culinary expertise to the kitchen. Also born and trained in Le Ferte-Bernard, France, Anne is the proprietor/general manager of Anjou. The two work hand-in-hand to merge authentic, Old World flavors with Southern favorites for a deliciously crafted menu. We accept reservations for groups of all sizes in our dining room, in addition to two private dining rooms and a lakeside patio that can be booked for private events. Anjou also offers delivery and full-service catering options for groups of any size! Our Sales Manager will work with you to create a customized menu with hors d'oeuvres, family-style or seated meal options.
Reviewed June 24, 2013

This is a delightful place to have a chef prepared meal so plan to have your taste buds arrested with a cornucopia of flavors. The atmosphere is relaxed, the chairs comfortable and the wait staff professionals that are well skilled in the art of service. A delightful place to dine.

Reviewed June 18, 2013

This is a very pleasant restaurant to visit and is becoming a favorite. The atmosphere is dressy casual (you could be comfortable in a suit and tie or khakis). The waitstaff are well trained and seem happy to be there. Often, the manager visits to chat a moment. The food is very good. I had the chicken, which was tender and very flavorful (I usually don't get chicken but it was stellar). It was served with thin whole green beans, cafe potatoes, bacon lardons, sauteed mushrooms and pearl onions, each separated so you could mix and match. I got the prix fixe menu and opted for the cheese plate (3 cheeses, bread, grapes and a mild chutney), a salad and the chocolate tarte. All that for $28 makes for a great meal. They also have a mean Pimm's Cup and a good selection of wines by the glass.

A winner.

Reviewed June 15, 2013

The restaurant is beautifully appointed and has outdoor seating overlooking the pond. There is an early bird special before 6 pm with very reasonable prices for the same excellent dining experience. I particularly enjoyed the the fresh hot bread, crepe florentine, and salmon Provençal, not to mention the profiteroles for dessert. You might even think you're in France, except that the waiters and manager are very friendly and attentive.

Reviewed April 15, 2013 via mobile

Had a good time me and the wife went for Sunday brunch had a bottle of wine and had escargot crepes and cheese plate they were all good I got the duck breast it was ok and she got the salmon with ratatouille it was great service was fantastic and it was a very comfortable atmosphere

Reviewed March 29, 2013

I found Anjou Restaurant on TripAdvisor and was delighted to discover that it was very near our hotel. In fact, I could see it from the window of our room. We had no reservation but were welcomed with open arms for dinner. We were seated at a table overlooking the lake. The restaurant was beautifully appointed, a contemporary design with many windows. The waitstaff was exceptionally friendly and efficient.

My husband ordered the French Onion Soup and the Pork Chop served with roasted sweet potatoes, fresh vegetables and herb onion Demi glacé, both of which he thoroughly enjoyed. I had the Salmon Provençal, pan seared salmon with ratatouille and sautéed mushrooms, which was a wonderful combination of flavors. Do not miss the Apple Tart Tatin for dessert! It is a good dessert to share (although I did eat most of it myself).

The whole dining experience was so good that I returned there the next day for lunch with my godchild. Once again we were seated at lakeside with a lovely view. We both ordered salads that were delicious: the Bistro Chop Salad with Salmon and the Anjou Salad with Goat Cheese Croutons. Another tasty meal!