“Free Dinner - Really!”

Drury Inn & Suites Jackson Ridgeland
Ranked #3 of 16 Hotels in Ridgeland
Reviewed September 29, 2010

I love Drury! First we checked in and since it was a weekday evening, we got a free upgrade to a two queen suite! The kids could watch TV in the bedroom while we could watch our programs in the living room. The panel had come off of the air conditioning unit, which made it look a little shabby, but it still worked just fine. The beds and the room were quite spacious. Also, I made a long distance call to the family that we were traveling to see, but Drury has 60 minutes of free long distance, so the call was free! In addition, my husband brought his laptop and used the free wi-fi.
Next we went downstairs to see about this free evening hot food they advertise. Oh my goodness! We had hot dogs (yes, we were with kids), baked potatoes, nachos, salad, egg rolls, and more. We absolutely did not have to go out for dinner that night; we were stuffed! We brought some of the free popcorn and sodas to our room while we got ready for the pool.
One thing about Drury is their pool temperature. Of course kids get in and don't care, but it takes a while to get used to how cold the Drury pools are for adults. We were eventually able to slowly get our whole body in. Also, the jacuzzi temperature was fine but we fiddled with the knob to get the blowers going for a while and they never did. The jacuzzi was broken but there was no sign by the blowers telling us this was the case. That could have saved some time fiddling with the knobs.
We got up the next morning and enjoyed the free hot breakfast, which was fantastic. We had waffles, biscuits with really wonderful gravy, sausage, fruit, etc. The computer in the business center was very fast and useful.
The only thing to be careful of at this hotel is leaving valuables. We stayed here in September 2009 and my husband forgot his wedding ring and when we came back to get it somebody had already taken it and the lost and found at the hotel had nothing.
Very friendly staff, readily available luggage carts, fancy looking rooms.

• Stayed: September 2010, traveled with family

Reviewed August 23, 2010

We stopped overnight on our way to New Orleans and found this hotel perfect for our needs. We had a room with king bed in front toward the freeway, but heard no traffic noise. The happy hour was great, providing us with three free alcoholic drinks as well as soft drinks, coffee, tea, etc. and food items such as salad, baked potatoes, chips, carrots & celery, hot dogs, chicken strips, meatballs, etc. In the morning there was coffee, soft drinks, juice, yogurt, eggs, sausage, toast, donuts, make your own waffles, biscuits & gravy, and other items. If you wanted more, there were restaurants close by -- an easy walk.

Front desk was pleasant and informative, housekeeping was courteous and competent. The room was a comfortable size and the bed was restful. I could not make the room wired network connection work with various settings, but it showed only 10 mbps anyway. Wireless was faster and easily connected. There is a strip mall across the street with a Target store where we were able to pick up a few last minute items. Access from the freeway was simple and heading south through Jackson on Monday morning was quick and convenient on I-55. Drury was everything that we needed in one reasonable price.

• Stayed: August 2010, traveled as a couple
Reviewed June 17, 2010

We've stayed at this Drury many times over the years and can't say enough nice things about the staff. We only stayed one night on this visit, just in Jackson to shop and eat a great meal at PF Chang's.

We stayed in a suite with a king bed. The bed was quite firm and not to our liking but luckily, we had brought our own blankets for padding. We moved the bed to remake it and UGH!, it was quite filthy behind the bed. Out of curiosity, we moved the nightstands and UGH!, also filthy ... food, garbage, dust, hair! We moved the nightstands and bed back. Out of sight, out of mind! lol!

The bathroom was big, toilet area was separate from the sink area. Always a plus when traveling with teenagers. The recliner in our room was broken and looked like it had seen better days ... 10 years ago. They really should upgrade to nicer furniture and flat-panel TV's.

We didn't arrive in time for the snacks or stay for the new "dinner hour". PF Chang's awaited us instead. We did enjoy the free breakfast the next morning; however, for as busy as the hotel was, the breakfast staff was not cleaning the tables and everything was sticky, including the chairs. We wanted a Sunday paper and were told to get one from the paper box near the elevator but it was empty, even at 7 a.m.

This hotel is in a great location, near restaurants and shopping. Be warned though, traffic in this part of Jackson is a NIGHTMARE!

• Stayed: June 2010, traveled with family
DruryHotels, Manager at Drury Inn & Suites Jackson Ridgeland, responded to this reviewResponded July 16, 2010

I appreciate the comments about the property and assure you that I have shared them with both the housekeeping and maintenance departments. We do have a television renovation planned for the near future that will give each room a facelift that I think you will find enjoyable. It is our mission for guests to enjoy a comfortable and clean stay! We truly hope to see you as our guest soon!

Reviewed June 7, 2010

I went inside to check this hotel out when I realized I would have to stay in Jackson for an extra night. The gent at the front desk was very friendly and allowed me to check out their best suite which was priced at $134. Room was a bit small with the toilet in one room and the sink outside of the door going into the toilet. Bathroom too small for my taste and I have come to enjoy the flat screen tv's in most hotel rooms now. These were the old style tvs but the room itself looked clean and the bed appeared comfy. I guess they updated the lobby because I thought it looked nice. Seemed comfy enough for the money but I agree with the previous reviewer, I would only stay here for the value. I will say it appeared clean and safe from the parking lot and it was much better than the comfort suites next door which I checked out also. For the money, unless you want a suite...stay at the Hilton.

• Stayed: June 2010, traveled on business
1  Thank tlc911
Reviewed April 19, 2010

We usually stay at the Hyatt Place, so pass the Drury on every trip. This time we decided to give it a try. Disappointed. Only stay if you get a great price. Hotel was clean and front desk staff very friendly. Hotel close to shopping mall and several chain restaurants. Target is across the street. Near Interstate, so you can hear traffic. Water in shower difficult to adjust to get acceptable temperature. Outdated TV - tube, not flat screen and small. Free internet (which we did not use) and free long distance (1 hour limit), which is unheard of. Breakfast was OK, but you can get waffles and scrambled eggs almost anywhere. Kitchen area understaffed. They kept running out of food and you had to wait long periods before refilled. Cook also did clean-up, so tables usually dirty. Never around in early evening to take advantage of drinks and snacks, but this is better suited to business travelers anyway. Better to pay to eat at a restaurant. Also, on weekends, breakfast not available until 7AM. On check-out day, we left early and ate in Hattisburg - great decision!

• Stayed: April 2010, traveled as a couple
1  Thank MillPri
KimChappell, eMarketing Specialist at Drury Inn & Suites Jackson Ridgeland, responded to this reviewResponded April 27, 2010

Thank you for your recent review of the Drury Inn & Suites-Jackson, MS. We are pleased to hear that you experienced our friendly service and clean rooms on your last visit. Our free hot food is one of our most popular amenities and we do our best to accommodate our all our guests during those times. Your comments have been shared with hotel management to follow up with our food and beverage department. It is our mission for guests to enjoy a comfortable and clean stay and your comments will help us work to achieve these goals. We truly appreciate your business and hope you will give us additional opportunities to serve your lodging needs.

Reviewed April 11, 2010

I'm sorry to say that this is the first Drury I've ever walked in the lobby and made a U turn right back out the door. I saw enough. The place is so run down that I wouldn't dare try to sleep there. The furniture in the lobby should have been replaced a long time ago. The only thing this hotel has in common with the other Drury's is price. They charge like they were as nice as the rest. That is certainly not the case. Keep driving.

• Stayed: April 2010, traveled as a couple
2  Thank R&MRich
KimChappell, eMarketing Specialist at Drury Inn & Suites Jackson Ridgeland, responded to this reviewResponded April 14, 2010

Thank you for choosing Drury Hotels! We appreciate hearing from our visitors & guests as their comments and concerns only serve to make us better. We are very sorry to hear about the furniture upkeep issues you encountered in the lobby. Your comments have been passed along to the General Manager to follow up with both our housekeeping and maintenance departments. It is our mission for guests to enjoy a comfortable and clean stay! To further address your questions and concerns, please call the hotel directly and ask to speak to the General Manager, who will be happy to be of assistance. We truly appreciate your business and do hope to see you as our guest again soon.

Reviewed January 11, 2010

Facility & amenities were everything we expected. The housekeepers were "LOUD, RUDE, PUSHY, DISREPECTFUL..." They were REPEATEDLY KNOCKING on doors at 10am. Checkout is 11am. These uncivilized women sounded as though they were having a block party in the hallway, as they yelled down the hall to one another. They were making comments such as "This is ridiculous, some of these people ain't even dressed yet., We just have to stand out here & pray someone will get up & get out..," One of these women even warned another "You better stop knocking, They're gonna call & complain." The other responded "I don't care let 'em complain" I will never stay at this hotel again... This was an absolutely terrible way to start the day... Other than having the MOST AWFUL HOUSEKEEPING STAFF EVER, the hotel was nice... Still, due to the highly unprofessional housekeepers, I will never return to the Drury Inn of Ridgeland, MS & I will share my experience with everyone I know..

• Stayed: January 2010
1  Thank ShockedParent
KimChappell, eMarketing Specialist at Drury Inn & Suites Jackson Ridgeland, responded to this reviewResponded January 22, 2010

Thank you for choosing Drury Hotels. We appreciate hearing from our guests and are happy to hear you enjoyed the majority of your stay with us. We are sorry to hear, though, about the customer service and noise issues you dealt with in regard to our housekeeping staff. Your comments have been passed along to the Regional and General Manager of the hotel to follow up with the Housekeeping Department and Executive Housekeeper immediately. It is our mission for guests to enjoy a quiet, comfortable and clean stay and it's comments like yours that will help us identify and work to resolve any potential issues. We truly appreciate your business and sincerely hope you will give us another opportunity to see you as our guest.

Also consider these accommodations in or near Ridgeland
Hyatt Place Jackson/Ridgeland
Staybridge Suites Jackson
Staybridge Suites Jackson
#12 of 16 in Ridgeland
TownePlace Suites Jackson Ridgeland/The Township at Colony Park

Been to Drury Inn & Suites Jackson Ridgeland? Share your experiences!