I love Drury! First we checked in and since it was a weekday evening, we got a free upgrade to a two queen suite! The kids could watch TV in the bedroom while we could watch our programs in the living room. The panel had come off of the air conditioning unit, which made it look a little shabby, but it still worked just fine. The beds and the room were quite spacious. Also, I made a long distance call to the family that we were traveling to see, but Drury has 60 minutes of free long distance, so the call was free! In addition, my husband brought his laptop and used the free wi-fi.
Next we went downstairs to see about this free evening hot food they advertise. Oh my goodness! We had hot dogs (yes, we were with kids), baked potatoes, nachos, salad, egg rolls, and more. We absolutely did not have to go out for dinner that night; we were stuffed! We brought some of the free popcorn and sodas to our room while we got ready for the pool.
One thing about Drury is their pool temperature. Of course kids get in and don't care, but it takes a while to get used to how cold the Drury pools are for adults. We were eventually able to slowly get our whole body in. Also, the jacuzzi temperature was fine but we fiddled with the knob to get the blowers going for a while and they never did. The jacuzzi was broken but there was no sign by the blowers telling us this was the case. That could have saved some time fiddling with the knobs.
We got up the next morning and enjoyed the free hot breakfast, which was fantastic. We had waffles, biscuits with really wonderful gravy, sausage, fruit, etc. The computer in the business center was very fast and useful.
The only thing to be careful of at this hotel is leaving valuables. We stayed here in September 2009 and my husband forgot his wedding ring and when we came back to get it somebody had already taken it and the lost and found at the hotel had nothing.
Very friendly staff, readily available luggage carts, fancy looking rooms.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Drury Inn & Suites Jackson Ridgeland is 15 minutes from downtown Jackson, MS. Our hotel is located in Ridgeland off I-55 near I-220. Our friendly staff welcomes all guests to relax in our clean, comfortable rooms and enjoy a free hot breakfast every morning as well as free hot food and cold beverages every evening at our 5:30 Kickback(R). ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, Priceline, Expedia, Travelocity, Orbitz, getaroom.com, Hotwire and TripOnline SA so you can book your Drury Inn & Suites Jackson Ridgeland reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Drury Inn And Suites Jackson
- Drury Inn & Suites Jackson Hotel Ridgeland
- Drury Inn Ridgeland
- Drury Ridgeland
- Ridgeland Drury