“Checked it out but didn't stay”

Drury Inn & Suites Jackson Ridgeland
Ranked #3 of 16 Hotels in Ridgeland
Reviewed June 7, 2010

I went inside to check this hotel out when I realized I would have to stay in Jackson for an extra night. The gent at the front desk was very friendly and allowed me to check out their best suite which was priced at $134. Room was a bit small with the toilet in one room and the sink outside of the door going into the toilet. Bathroom too small for my taste and I have come to enjoy the flat screen tv's in most hotel rooms now. These were the old style tvs but the room itself looked clean and the bed appeared comfy. I guess they updated the lobby because I thought it looked nice. Seemed comfy enough for the money but I agree with the previous reviewer, I would only stay here for the value. I will say it appeared clean and safe from the parking lot and it was much better than the comfort suites next door which I checked out also. For the money, unless you want a suite...stay at the Hilton.

• Stayed: June 2010, traveled on business
1  Thank tlc911

Reviewed April 19, 2010

We usually stay at the Hyatt Place, so pass the Drury on every trip. This time we decided to give it a try. Disappointed. Only stay if you get a great price. Hotel was clean and front desk staff very friendly. Hotel close to shopping mall and several chain restaurants. Target is across the street. Near Interstate, so you can hear traffic. Water in shower difficult to adjust to get acceptable temperature. Outdated TV - tube, not flat screen and small. Free internet (which we did not use) and free long distance (1 hour limit), which is unheard of. Breakfast was OK, but you can get waffles and scrambled eggs almost anywhere. Kitchen area understaffed. They kept running out of food and you had to wait long periods before refilled. Cook also did clean-up, so tables usually dirty. Never around in early evening to take advantage of drinks and snacks, but this is better suited to business travelers anyway. Better to pay to eat at a restaurant. Also, on weekends, breakfast not available until 7AM. On check-out day, we left early and ate in Hattisburg - great decision!

• Stayed: April 2010, traveled as a couple
1  Thank MillPri
KimChappell, eMarketing Specialist at Drury Inn & Suites Jackson Ridgeland, responded to this reviewResponded April 27, 2010

Thank you for your recent review of the Drury Inn & Suites-Jackson, MS. We are pleased to hear that you experienced our friendly service and clean rooms on your last visit. Our free hot food is one of our most popular amenities and we do our best to accommodate our all our guests during those times. Your comments have been shared with hotel management to follow up with our food and beverage department. It is our mission for guests to enjoy a comfortable and clean stay and your comments will help us work to achieve these goals. We truly appreciate your business and hope you will give us additional opportunities to serve your lodging needs.

Reviewed April 11, 2010

I'm sorry to say that this is the first Drury I've ever walked in the lobby and made a U turn right back out the door. I saw enough. The place is so run down that I wouldn't dare try to sleep there. The furniture in the lobby should have been replaced a long time ago. The only thing this hotel has in common with the other Drury's is price. They charge like they were as nice as the rest. That is certainly not the case. Keep driving.

• Stayed: April 2010, traveled as a couple
2  Thank R&MRich
KimChappell, eMarketing Specialist at Drury Inn & Suites Jackson Ridgeland, responded to this reviewResponded April 14, 2010

Thank you for choosing Drury Hotels! We appreciate hearing from our visitors & guests as their comments and concerns only serve to make us better. We are very sorry to hear about the furniture upkeep issues you encountered in the lobby. Your comments have been passed along to the General Manager to follow up with both our housekeeping and maintenance departments. It is our mission for guests to enjoy a comfortable and clean stay! To further address your questions and concerns, please call the hotel directly and ask to speak to the General Manager, who will be happy to be of assistance. We truly appreciate your business and do hope to see you as our guest again soon.

Reviewed January 11, 2010

Facility & amenities were everything we expected. The housekeepers were "LOUD, RUDE, PUSHY, DISREPECTFUL..." They were REPEATEDLY KNOCKING on doors at 10am. Checkout is 11am. These uncivilized women sounded as though they were having a block party in the hallway, as they yelled down the hall to one another. They were making comments such as "This is ridiculous, some of these people ain't even dressed yet., We just have to stand out here & pray someone will get up & get out..," One of these women even warned another "You better stop knocking, They're gonna call & complain." The other responded "I don't care let 'em complain" I will never stay at this hotel again... This was an absolutely terrible way to start the day... Other than having the MOST AWFUL HOUSEKEEPING STAFF EVER, the hotel was nice... Still, due to the highly unprofessional housekeepers, I will never return to the Drury Inn of Ridgeland, MS & I will share my experience with everyone I know..

• Stayed: January 2010
1  Thank ShockedParent
KimChappell, eMarketing Specialist at Drury Inn & Suites Jackson Ridgeland, responded to this reviewResponded January 22, 2010

Thank you for choosing Drury Hotels. We appreciate hearing from our guests and are happy to hear you enjoyed the majority of your stay with us. We are sorry to hear, though, about the customer service and noise issues you dealt with in regard to our housekeeping staff. Your comments have been passed along to the Regional and General Manager of the hotel to follow up with the Housekeeping Department and Executive Housekeeper immediately. It is our mission for guests to enjoy a quiet, comfortable and clean stay and it's comments like yours that will help us identify and work to resolve any potential issues. We truly appreciate your business and sincerely hope you will give us another opportunity to see you as our guest.

Reviewed October 9, 2009

Nice hotel with large rooms. Kids enjoyed the indoor/outdoor combo pool. We were able to swim even in December. Complimentary breakfast was good and free popcorn every afternoon was a nice treat.

• Stayed: December 2008, traveled with family
Reviewed October 8, 2009

This was a comfortable place to stay and the price was right.

• Stayed: May 2009, traveled with family
Reviewed September 22, 2009

I love the Drury Inn chain of hotels. But this one is a bit run-down. Needs some TLC (wash marks off walls, refinish scarred wood furniture, etc. etc. ). The room was a bit small too. - Still it was comfortable and served my needs, and the low price reflected the wear & tear adequately. I paid $71.98 weekend rate/Triple A member.

I had a room directly above the lobby on the mezzanine level (open to the lobby), and noise from the lobby was a minor annoyance.

I probably won't stay there again until they've done some work on the rooms. I don't mind paying a rate of $104 for a nicer room, as I did at the Drury Inn in Meridian, MS, before traveling on to the Drury in Jackson..

I would recommend this hotel, but with caveats.

• Stayed: June 2009, traveled solo
KimChappell, eMarketing Specialist at Drury Inn & Suites Jackson Ridgeland, responded to this reviewResponded September 30, 2009

Thanks for choosing Drury Hotels and thank you for your feedback! We appreciate hearing from our guests and have shared your comments with hotel management for further follow-up. It is so helpful to hear from our guests because it gives us the opportunity to make improvements to make for the best stay possible for all guests. We will be sure to work with our housekeeping team to make sure our rooms and lobby are up to the highest levels of cleanliness and maintenance possible. If ever during a stay at a Drury Hotel you have questions or concerns, please let us know right away so we can work to resolve any issues before check-out. Thanks again and e look forward to serving your future lodging needs.

Also consider these accommodations in or near Ridgeland
Hyatt Place Jackson/Ridgeland
Staybridge Suites Jackson
Staybridge Suites Jackson
#12 of 16 in Ridgeland
TownePlace Suites Jackson Ridgeland/The Township at Colony Park

Been to Drury Inn & Suites Jackson Ridgeland? Share your experiences!