“Aging facility - still a decent value”

Cabot Lodge Jackson North - a Red Lion Hotel
Ranked #8 of 16 Hotels in Ridgeland
Kosciusko, Mississippi
“Aging facility - still a decent value”
Reviewed August 9, 2012 via mobile

Stayed two nights as part of a large reunion group. Service was good and rooms were clean and comfortable. Lobby was large and well furnished providing a great environment for large group gatherings. Freshly popped popcorn was a nice p.m. treat and hot breakfast was outstanding. Overall experience was positive.

• Stayed August 2012
1 Thank RAutry
CLJN, Manager at Cabot Lodge Jackson North - a Red Lion Hotel, responded to this review, August 14, 2012
Thank You so much for providing us feedback on your most recent stay with us. I am pleased to know you found your experience enjoyable. We look forward to seeing you for your future stays........Thanks again....

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (18)
Southaven, Mississippi
Reviewed August 7, 2012

Room had a musty smell. Had to call to have a light bulb replaced in nightstand lamp. When I moved the nightstand to make sure the lamp was pulled in it was very nasty behind the nightstand. Mold in ceiling of shower and crack in wall of shower.

Stayed August 2012, traveled on business
1 Thank DChambers1460
CLJN, General Manager at Cabot Lodge Jackson North - a Red Lion Hotel, responded to this review, August 14, 2012
Thank You for taking the time to provide us feedback on your most recent stay with us. I have brought your comment's to the attention of our executive housekeeper to address with her staff to ensure we are cleaning our rooms properly, I apologize for the items you mentioned. We will make sure to pay closer attention to the details when cleaning the room's. Thanks again and we look forward to seeing you in the future for any lodging needs you may have.......

Reviewed July 27, 2012

We came in around 1am and the parking lot was fiflty, covered in trash, trash cans over flowing, a complete mess. They were having trouble with their computers and instead of taking care of us making sure my family with 3 small children were able to get checked in quickly they proceeded to give my husband poor customer service and an attitude. Even more frustrating was the fact that we had a reservation and the room secured via my credit card. Upon entering the room the disappointment continued it was hot an muggy, the shower had visible signs of mildew, the linens were hard and uncomfortable. And the "breakfast" that the website raves about was nothing to write home about. There was no one on staff during breakfast the waffle iron had no spray so the waffles burnt to the machine. I was down there a good 40 minutes with my children and never saw a single staff member refill anything, wipe off a table, or empty a trash can. I will never stay at this hotel again. The staff is RUDE and the accommodations are terrible.

• Stayed June 2012
CLJN, General Manager at Cabot Lodge Jackson North - a Red Lion Hotel, responded to this review, July 29, 2012
Thank You for sharing your comment's with us on your most recent visit. I apologize for the interaction you encountered with our front desk staff, that surely could have been handled in a more pleasant way. We pride ourselves in offering each guest a pleasant, clean and comfortable stay while visiting with us and obviously we did follow through with that during your stay. Please accept our apologies and I hope you give us another chance to win you back as a customer. Give me a call on your next visit to town and I will personally ensure you have a great stay. Thanks again...

Gluckstadt, Mississippi, United States
Reviewed July 10, 2012

I traveled for 2 years and spent much of my time in the Jackson Mississippi area. I discovered a gem of a hotel tucked away behind Wendy's on County Line Road. I have never had an overall better experience with traveling. The staff was helpful every time....and I stayed there a lot. The rooms are not fancy but they are very clean. The free breakfast every morning was hot and fresh, but the best part to me were the two inner courts....one with a pool and one with tables to sit, visit, and enjoy a cup of coffee.

Any time I have to stay in Jackson, I choose this hotel. It's the best.

Room Tip: Ask for a room over the courtyard.
  • Stayed December 2011, traveled on business
1 Thank Evelyn C
, General Manager at Cabot Lodge Jackson North - a Red Lion Hotel, responded to this review, July 12, 2012
Thank You for choosing us for your lodging needs during your travel's throughout the State of Mississippi. I am delighted to know your experience's here at Cabot Lodge has met your expectation's. We look forward to serving you on any furture lodging needs you may have, thanks again and have a Great Day !!!

Mississippi
Reviewed May 14, 2012

I have stayed here many times over the years. I was happy to see they finally remodeled and added new beds. The beds were comfortable and the room was clean. BUT, the service stinks. An unprofessional fella at the front desk never got off his PERSONAL phone call to check us in or out. Never asked how things were, etc. Just said hand me your keys. I think he was the same one who I spoke to prior to checking in over the phone. I asked if they charge extra over 2 people per room (it said it on the confirmation). He said "No:" I the told him it says that on the paper. He then stated, "I just told you we don't". Also, a soccer team was there with 1,000 kids. The breakfast ran out, even the coffee. Only one woman was working it with hundreds of people. The same thing happened at the night reception. The line was into the sitting area to get a drink. They need more help..and BETTER HELP

Room Tip: Southside was ok
  • Stayed May 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank beachgirlinms
CLJN, General Manager at Cabot Lodge Jackson North - a Red Lion Hotel, responded to this review, May 16, 2012
Thank you for sharing your comment's with us on your most recent stay. I apologize on behalf of the employees you encountered while here and the service you recieved. We pride ourself on offering the best hospitality in the industry but we obviously failed to follow through on that during your stay. I will make sure I get with the department Supervisor's and address these issues. I hope you will give us another chance the next time you are in our area to serve you with the hospitality that is due each and every guest that we stays with us. Thanks again...

Starkville, MS
Reviewed April 27, 2012

I travel frequently with my job and this was the best hotel experience I have had in a very long time. The bed was very comfortable and the room was clean. The spread at breakfast was delicious - an assortment of fresh fruit (not just a banana or an apple), thin, crispy bacon that was not dripping in fat, pastries that did not seem like they were just thawed out...And maybe the most importantly was the staff - they were courteous, helpful, and all smiles. I will definitely stay at this Cabot Lodge every time I travel to Jackson, MS.

• Stayed April 2012, traveled on business
CLJN, Manager at Cabot Lodge Jackson North - a Red Lion Hotel, responded to this review, April 30, 2012
Thank You for sharing your comment's with us on your most recent stay. We are pleased to hear that are offering's are top notch and that you enjoyed our hospitality. We appreciate your business and look forward to seeing you soon on your next visit to our area. Thanks.....

Mississippi USA
Reviewed April 4, 2012

My husband and I stayed here one night a little over a month ago. The atmosphere of this hotel is lovely and my rate was reasonable enough. The people a the front desk weren't overly friendly but weren't rude either. I believe the maid may have been off that day because the halls were littered with dried up grass here and there , but otherwise the hotel seemed very clean. In my room the sheets were crisp and the bed was extremely comfy. Breakfast was very good . If you stay in alot of hotels you'll know that when I say breakfast was good, I do not mean like homemade or restaurant quality, but still for what it was, I was impressed. The breakfast room was clean and comfortable and if you didn't know it you would think that you were out in the country from the view. Overall , I left with a good memory of this place.

• Stayed February 2012, traveled as a couple
CLJN, Manager at Cabot Lodge Jackson North - a Red Lion Hotel, responded to this review, April 27, 2012
Thank You for taking time to share your thought's about your most recent stay with us. I am delighted to hear that is was a good visit. I hope the next time you are in our area you will stop in and see us.....Thanks Again....

Scott May CHA
Also consider these accommodations in or near Ridgeland
Hilton Jackson
#12 of 16 in Ridgeland
Homewood Suites by Hilton Jackson Ridgeland
Hyatt Place Jackson/Ridgeland
Residence Inn Jackson Ridgeland

Been to Cabot Lodge Jackson North - a Red Lion Hotel? Share your experiences!