“Always enjoyable -home away from home”

Cabot Lodge Jackson North - a Red Lion Hotel
Ranked #8 of 16 Hotels in Ridgeland
Mississippi, United States
“Always enjoyable -home away from home”
Reviewed November 29, 2011

I have been staying at the Cabot Lodge for many years and over the past year I have stayed at the Cabot at least once a month (sometimes more), it has become what I call my home away from home. The managers and staff are very friendly and always helpful. The complimentary breakfast and complimentary evening beverages (if that is for you) are a great addition to the Cabot Lodge as well as the inviting atmosphere. I would highly recommend the Cabot to anyone looking to stay in the Ridgeland/Jackson area.

• Stayed September 2011, traveled on business
CLJN, Manager at Cabot Lodge Jackson North - a Red Lion Hotel, responded to this review, December 1, 2011
Thank you so much for continued patronage of the Cabot Lodge Jackson North while on your travels to the Ridgeland area. Our Food & Beverage staff take great pride in ensuring our offering's and I will be delighted to share with them your comment's. We look forward to seeing you again while in the greater Jackson area.

Scott May, CHA

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (18)
Chicago, Illinois
Reviewed November 6, 2011

You can tell that there has been some work done on the hotel to improve it. The lobby was very nice, but I was extremely disappointed with my room. I walked into my room and immediately noticed the noisy refridgerator. I just unplugged it. I did not understand why there were 2 microwaves in my room. The room had been cleaned, but felt dirty. I checked out the next day and went to the Courtyard down the street. For the $30 more a night, it was worth it!

• Stayed October 2011, traveled on business
2 Thank KCL222
CLJN, Manager at Cabot Lodge Jackson North - a Red Lion Hotel, responded to this review, November 11, 2011
Dear Trip Advisor Member:

Thank you for taking the time to post a review on your most recent stay at Cabot Lodge. I am sorry to hear that your room was not up your standard. We take pride in making sure all details of the room are extremely covered during our daily inspections. I have gotten with our executive housekeeper and gone over a new training program that we can ensure experience's like this do not happen in the future.

We appreciate your business and want the chance to win you over. I hope the next time your travel brings you to Ridgeland that you will give us a nother try.

New Orleans, LA
Reviewed October 31, 2011

The common areas of this hotel are very nice with lots of tables and chairs for the complimentary breakfast. The room was simple and fine, except for the fact that it smelled very musty. I spoke with someone else staying at the same hotel and they made the same comment. I spoke to the front desk about the problem and they sent someone up to spray the room which didn't really address the underlying problem. The bathroom was very nice and looked like it had been recently renovated. Only shampoo was provided...no tissues. I would not stay here again.

• Stayed October 2011, traveled with family
3 Thank JEMNewOrleans_LA
Dear Trip Advisor Member:

Thanks for taking the time to post a review about our hotel. I am sorry you had a less than pleasant experience while here. Since your stay, we have been working on the issues you mentioned, and have since discovered and corrected what we feel the problem was and corrected the issue.

We would love the oppurutnity to have you as a our guest once again. Please think about giving us another try your next visit to Ridgeland.

Reviewed October 10, 2011

The staff was very friendly and helpful. At first, I was assigned a room with a window facing a wall; however, the staff moved me to another room on the 3rd floor overlooking the pool. The room was good; however again, the TV was off all night due to some technical problem and I did not bring my computer because I was expecting what little time I had to just relax and watch TV. This did not happen. The newspaper was delivered late the next morning so by the time it arrived, I had to be on my way and interacting with professional cohorts during breakfasts. Also, do not expect to have the quick check out receipt delivered before 6a.m. if my delivery was an indication of timing. Would stay there again but would like the management to improve processes for problems that arise. The one amenity that was really good was the down comforter and pillows.

Room Tip: The elevator in the back corridor is open with all the cleaning supplies and not kept well, so avoid...
  • Stayed September 2011, traveled on business
1 Thank IslandStyleGirl
Quito, Ecuador
Reviewed September 13, 2011

while the interior might fool you into thinking you're in a remote mountain lodge, the cabot is in a convenient spot next to the interstate. Safe and secure, I've stayed here over a dozen times on trips and have never had a problem. complementary cocktails included as well as breakfast. Breakfast includes a wafflemaker, scones, muffins, fresh fruit...I've never had a better free breakfast. Also, they're now trying to be more eco-friendly.

Room Tip: try to get a second floor room-they are usually quieter and try to get a room that is near an elevat...
  • Stayed August 2011, traveled with family
2 Thank sofiajour
CLJN, Manager at Cabot Lodge Jackson North - a Red Lion Hotel, responded to this review, September 21, 2011
We are very pleased you enjoyed your visit with us while traveling in our area. We look forward to hosting you and your family again the next time you are in Ridgeland, MS. Thanks Again...

Cabot Lodge Jackson North
Jackson
Reviewed August 16, 2011

We loved the Cabot. The price was a little high but worth the money. room was clean and my wife loved the colors of the interior. Breakfast was nice and so was the pool. Nice job

• Stayed August 2011, traveled with family
2 Thank Juan G
CLJN, General Manager at Cabot Lodge Jackson North - a Red Lion Hotel, responded to this review, August 29, 2011
Thank you so much for staying with us during your recent visit to Ridgeland, MS. We are very pleased you enjoyed your stay. We look forward to seeing you again the next time you are in our area.....

Cabot Lodge Jackson North
Madison, MS
Reviewed August 4, 2011

Wego to JACKSON sometimes justto stay here, The greatroom with its fireplace is a great place is to relax and have a complementary cocktail .

• Stayed June 2011, traveled on business
2 Thank Charley M
Also consider these accommodations in or near Ridgeland
Drury Inn & Suites Jackson Ridgeland
Hilton Jackson
Hilton Jackson
#1 of 39 in Jackson
Home2 Suites by Hilton Jackson/Ridgeland
Homewood Suites by Hilton Jackson Ridgeland
Hyatt Place Jackson/Ridgeland
Days Inn & Suites Ridgeland

Been to Cabot Lodge Jackson North - a Red Lion Hotel? Share your experiences!