“Best margarita in town!”

Sombra Mexican Kitchen
Ranked #14 of 156 Restaurants in Ridgeland
Cuisines: Mexican
Good for: Families with children, Large groups
Description: From the fresh-squeezed limejuice and organic agave nectar in every margarita to the made-from-scratch corn and flour tortillas, Sombra focuses on the fresh, flavorful tastes that are at the core of our authentic food and drink. Whether it is a family reunion or a handmade cocktail with a friend at our vibrant bar, Sombra will serve your every need. In addition to the restaurant itself, Sombra offers a private room for up to 40 guests, two outdoor patios and take-out services. If you prefer to host your event at your venue, we'll bring the fiesta to you! Delivery and full-service catering options are available for groups of any size. Our Sales Manager will work with you to create a customized menu within your budget parameters, as well as assistance with rentals and execution of your event. Locally-owned by the same folks that brought you Amerigo and Char, Sombra Mexican Kitchen invites you to experience our passion for the flavor of old and new Mexico!
Reviewed February 7, 2014 via mobile

I don't think I've found a better margarita in the Jackson area! Even the lowest grade margarita is great! $6.00! Pair that with the BBC nachos and your set.

Reviewed December 18, 2013

Nothing fancy about the Mexican food here. You can get the same meal at a true Mexican restaurant for half the price. Service was terrible....Guacamole was brought out before drinks, chips and plates even arrived! We had to ask server for chips and plates. Food was cold. Taco salad uses bagged lettuce...Can a restaurant this size not offer freshly chopped lettuce? This was my third and final visit. Each visit service and food quality has decreased.

1  Thank Zoey W
Reviewed December 17, 2013

Very good quality food.
Atmosphere is dim and nice for a "date night"
My spouse and I went here on a double date and we could all hear each other across the table so it is not too loud.
We have always had leftovers for another meal.

Reviewed December 16, 2013 via mobile

A jillion Mex places in the area and I ended up here. Service was very understaffed and the wait staff didnt have a clue. Food was brought out piece meal and incomplete. Salad not fresh and food was very poor. Some resembled Mexican style but it was awful. We were a large group and they were not prepared.
Ironicaly....not one Mexican working there that I saw. Probably because they would not serve food of this quality. It was however overpriced but the atmosphere was pleasant. Some have called this TexMex....dont defame the great state of Texas.

1  Thank Ron F
Reviewed December 2, 2013

I can't believe how good the food was. We were on vacation passing through Mississippi and I purchased a Groupon for this place so I didn't know what to expect. The queso was amazing and the chips were seasoned, which was something I was not used to but it was very good. I had chicken enchiladas which were so tender that they just fell apart.

Been to Sombra Mexican Kitchen? Share your experiences!