“Double Date”

Sombra Mexican Kitchen
Ranked #10 of 152 Restaurants in Ridgeland
Cuisines: Mexican
Good for: Large groups, Families with children
Description: From the fresh-squeezed limejuice and organic agave nectar in every margarita to the made-from-scratch corn and flour tortillas, Sombra focuses on the fresh, flavorful tastes that are at the core of our authentic food and drink. Whether it is a family reunion or a handmade cocktail with a friend at our vibrant bar, Sombra will serve your every need. In addition to the restaurant itself, Sombra offers a private room for up to 40 guests, two outdoor patios and take-out services. If you prefer to host your event at your venue, we'll bring the fiesta to you! Delivery and full-service catering options are available for groups of any size. Our Sales Manager will work with you to create a customized menu within your budget parameters, as well as assistance with rentals and execution of your event. Locally-owned by the same folks that brought you Amerigo and Char, Sombra Mexican Kitchen invites you to experience our passion for the flavor of old and new Mexico!
Ridgeland
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Double Date”
Reviewed December 17, 2013

Very good quality food.
Atmosphere is dim and nice for a "date night"
My spouse and I went here on a double date and we could all hear each other across the table so it is not too loud.
We have always had leftovers for another meal.

Visited December 2013

common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Bad food, bad service”
Reviewed December 16, 2013 via mobile

A jillion Mex places in the area and I ended up here. Service was very understaffed and the wait staff didnt have a clue. Food was brought out piece meal and incomplete. Salad not fresh and food was very poor. Some resembled Mexican style but it was awful. We were a large group and they were not prepared.
Ironicaly....not one Mexican working there that I saw. Probably because they would not serve food of this quality. It was however overpriced but the atmosphere was pleasant. Some have called this TexMex....dont defame the great state of Texas.

1 Thank Ron F
ADA
“WOW! The best Mexican food i've ever had!”
Reviewed December 2, 2013

I can't believe how good the food was. We were on vacation passing through Mississippi and I purchased a Groupon for this place so I didn't know what to expect. The queso was amazing and the chips were seasoned, which was something I was not used to but it was very good. I had chicken enchiladas which were so tender that they just fell apart.

• Visited October 2013
Middleton, Tennessee, United States
“Not your ordinary mexican food !”
Reviewed October 5, 2013 via mobile

When I looked at the menu, I thought higher prices than your usual mexican restaurant!!! But I was in for a surprise !!! The food was great and upscale for a mexican restaurant. We had a tamale with black beans & goat cheese with an  avocado spread; taco salad with the most amazing dressing!!!
Our waiter, Timothy, was on his toes and very attentive .

• Visited October 2013
Abilene, Texas
“Great Food!”
Reviewed October 4, 2013

Being from Texas we usually don't eat Mexican food out of state, but this place is definitely worth a try. Margaritas are tasty too! Very large menu selection. Have eaten here twice and not been disappointed.

Visited September 2013