“Another Hard-Boiled Egg”

Another Broken Egg
Ranked #9 of 154 Restaurants in Ridgeland
Cuisines: Cafe
Dining options: Breakfast, Lunch
Description: Another Broken Egg Cafe, Ridgeland is open seven (7) days a week from 7:00 a.m. - 2:00 p.m. serving Breakfast, Brunch & Lunch at its Finest!!!Full bar selection available seven (7) days a week from 7:00 a.m. - 2:00 p.m.! Specializing in Bloody Marys & Mimosas.For Special Events Information, please call during business hours & ask to speak with a member of our Management Team.
Reviewed May 30, 2013

Tried the place a number of times and they can't seem to poach eggs correctly. Just about every time I've ordered Benedict, Sardou or any poached egg variety it's hard-poached. The place is crowded so you get to wait a long time for them to fix the problem. Can't recommend it.

1  Thank mandem

Reviewed May 28, 2013

Had a great omelet. It was called THE MARDI GRAS. and was full of fresh vegetables, crawfish and andouille sausage. I had toast and Grits with cheese on the side. We sat at the bar to avoid a wait. The bartenders were very friendly and quick!! Love the place....

Reviewed May 25, 2013

They have the best salads ever! I really enjoyed having lunch with my friends there. The atmosphere is great, service is great, food is delicious. I strongly recommend it.

Reviewed May 21, 2013

We went on a weekday and avoided the crowds that always seem to be in front of the place.

I would give it four stars, but I'm taking one away because there is no competition. Therefore, the flaws stand out a little more.

Firstly, the food was delicious and the menu was unique enough that you felt like you had choices you might not find elsewhere - even if there were other places to go to brunch. The coffee was quite good and served in a pottery handmade mug.

Secondly, there were a few gluten free items on the menu. Our server was extremely helpful to us as we figured out what we could and couldn't eat - not everything that is gluten free is marked, which can be confusing. They do state that they don't have a gluten-free kitchen, so you take your own risk in ordering. I ordered the "Hey Lucy," a chorizo/avocado omelette, with breakfast potatoes, salsa, sour cream, and an english muffin. They were able to make some sort of gluten free hoecake to go with my omelette instead of the english muffin, and it was very very good!

That said, the restaurant was almost empty and the service was still very slow. I can't imagine what it's like on the weekend. The prices were alright, but maybe on the higher end of what I expected. You do get quite a bit of food.

I would go back if I needed a brunch-type meal, but definitely never on the weekend. I wish the service was quicker, and I wish there were other places like this around town. Otherwise, perfectly serviceable but nothing exciting.

Reviewed May 11, 2013 via mobile

While the wait was long to get into the restaurant, the food was worth the wait. Absolutely delicious! I most definitely plan to go back soon!