“When to this hotel on June 28 ,2010 at...”

Days Inn & Suites Ridgeland
Ranked #9 of 16 Hotels in Ridgeland
Reviewed July 2, 2010

When to this hotel on June 28 ,2010 at about 1pm enter the building and got check in by the manager Pk who seem to be nice and who told me and my kids that there would be free cookies baked in lobby at about four clock pm. So about 4pm I went down to the lobby to get some cookies for the kids and there wasn't none in the cookie tray so I went and ask the clerk at the front desk when the cookies will be ready she respond I have to much to do, when I get time I will fix them and roll her eyes at me. She had a bad day or just have a mess up attitude to work with the public. The manager Pk had left the building so I waited for him to come back. I explain to him what happen and desk clerk was stand there running off at the mouth at that point she make me upset. Pk was take up for her and never apologize for her rudeness. She seem like she was the manager instead of him so I got my stuff and left the hotel. The air in the room sucks,the carpet smell old and the furniture was run down. If  I could rate this hotel i will give it a big 0. I will never come bac there no matter if they give me a free room.

hospitalitycorp, Manager at Days Inn & Suites Ridgeland, responded to this reviewResponded March 18, 2011

Please accept our apologies for the inconvenience you experienced while staying at our hotel. It was not our intention, not to give you complimentary cookies. It was our staff’s fault for not making cookies on time. We also did some changes in Front desk and housekeeping staff. I do apologize and sincerely hope you give us another opportunity to serve you at our Days Inn

Reviewed July 1, 2010

Pleasant stay at this hotel. Enjoyed the fact that it was quiet, comfortable, and conveniently located. When we arrived the owner had placed a welcome gift bag with snacks and candies in it in our room- nice touch. Overall a great experience, only drawbacks were that the hall smelled sometimes (but not the room) and you probably want to wear slippers in the room due to less than clean carpet.

• Stayed: June 2010, traveled as a couple
hospitalitycorp, Manager at Days Inn & Suites Ridgeland, responded to this reviewResponded August 17, 2010

I am very pleased that you enjoyed your stay with us! Thank you for the comments regarding the Gift Basket. Your comments about smell and carpet cleaning also address to housekeeping department. Please know that your feedback is extremely valuable to us and we will utilize your response by continuing to focus on making each and every guest experience the best it can be. We hope to be your choice again on your next visit to Jackson Area. Many thanks

Reviewed June 28, 2010

The staff was very nice and the hotel was great and above average for a mid priced hotel.

Stayed: June 2010, traveled on business

Thank you kindly for that generous review. We really appreciate feedback from our guest. On behalf of our entire staff here at the Days Inns & Suites we would like to thank you for your business and we hope to see you again...

Reviewed May 13, 2010

I travel about 3 months out of the year for business and am restricted to $70-$95 per night on hotel's. This leaves me with Choice Hotel's or the Wyndham Brand (Days Inn, Super 8, etc.) This hotel is fantastic for the value as it is typically around $75 per night for a king bed and is my favorite place to stay in the Jackson, MS area. I've been staying here for about four years now (3-4 nights per year) and they have recently upgraded certain ammenities. I'm a pretty easy to please business traveler with good wireless internet and a good bed as my two main criteria. This hotel fits them both! There are other "nicer" options but the bang for the buck is great!

• Stayed: March 2010, traveled on business
hospitalitycorp, Manager at Days Inn & Suites Ridgeland, responded to this reviewResponded June 2, 2010

Dear

Again, thank you for completing our survey and if I can be of assistance to you, don't hesitate to contact me directly at 601-956-9726.

P K Parmar
Manager
Days Inn & Suites

Reviewed May 9, 2010

The staff was very nice, polite and friendly. I truly recommend this hotel. I mistakenly,
left my nice jewelry on the night stand. The cleaning person was very honest and she turned it in to the front desk. I called and spoke with the front desk Asst. Manager, who was very helpful and kind to make sure that my items were returned to me. This is truly one travel location that you can feel very comfortable at and trustworthy. The service was very good. I recommend others to stay!

• Stayed: April 2010, traveled on business

Dear Madam

P K Parmar
Manager
Days Inn & Suites

Reviewed November 2, 2009

Had a great stay. PK and Lisa were most accommodating. Everytime you saw them they had smiles on their faces. The room was clean and smelled fresh. I will most definitely stay their again.

• Stayed: October 2009, traveled as a couple
Reviewed July 13, 2009

This was perhaps the worst hotel room I have ever stayed in. Upon entering the room we were immediately struck by the smell of mold. There was a jacuzzi in the room which had apparently flooded the carpet. If you stepped on it with bare feet it was like walking in a swamp. The air conditioner was not functioning in 90+ degree weather. When we arrived we were too tired to ask for another room or (better yet) move to another hotel. When I reported the problems to the desk clerk the next morning the response was, "Um-hum." I would NEVER stay here again.

We are retired and do a lot of traveling to visit children and grandchildren. I have had some unsatisfactory experiences with Day's Inns recently and would research carefully before booking with this chain -- but this was the WORST!

• Stayed: June 2009, traveled as a couple
Also consider these accommodations in or near Ridgeland
Extended Stay America - Jackson - Ridgeland
Comfort Inn
#6 of 39 in Jackson
2 mi away
Home2 Suites by Hilton Jackson/Ridgeland

Been to Days Inn & Suites Ridgeland? Share your experiences!