“Room not clean but otherwise OK.”

Days Inn & Suites Ridgeland
Ranked #9 of 16 Hotels in Ridgeland
High Point, North Carolina
“Room not clean but otherwise OK.”
Reviewed June 25, 2012

My wife and I stopped at this hotel on the way back from Texas to North Carolina. It was around 2am when we arrived. We had found this hotel via a hotel coupon and it was rated #1 on trip advisor for Ridgeland. I went in and the lady told me they had no coupon rooms left and she only has two room available. She also said she was in the middle of her audit and it would be about 15-20 minutes before she could check us in. We were tired from driving and ready to check in but decided to wait since reviews of other places nearby did not sound promising.

We opted for the double bed accessible room since it was cheaper. The outside and lobby of hotel looked nice. We got checked in and into our room. The first thing we noticed was this was not by any means the cleanest room. Most of the pillows had long black hairs on them and some had stains. A lot of the furniture looked like it had stuff spilled on it and had not been cleaned well.

We entered the bathroom and the floor was dirty looking but not that bad. We did see a leftover shampoo bottle and bar of used soap still in the shower. Needless to say we were very careful not to touch much. We also saw hairs in the bathroom.

Since we were tired and not staying that long we didn't complain but otherwise I would have preferred a cleaner room.

The room had a mini fridge, microwave, hair dryer, ironing board and iron, coffee maker, desk and chair and 2 double beds. The TV was flat screen and worked fine. The remote was missing its battery cover but worked okay.

The A/C worried good. Before morning we had to shut it off as it got too cold. The bed slept OK.

The shower worked okay but this room had an open shower since it was an accessible room. This made it easy for the water to run into the bathroom. The drain was a bit sluggish and there was not much of a lip to keep the water from running out.

There was not much counter space in the bathroom but it worked for one night.

We checked out shortly after 11am. Checkout was fast and easy. The desk clerk was nice.

We did not use the outdoor pool but it looked clean and inviting.

Other than the issues with the room being unclean this was an okay stay. if staying for long I would check the room first if possible.

I think they had continental breakfast but we did not see it so can't comment on it.

• Stayed June 2012
1 Thank traviz

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (15)
Atlanta, GA
Reviewed June 4, 2012

We stopped here for 1 night after a M-Braves baseball game and wished we could have taken this roon to Baton Rouge and New Orleans with us. Large room, refrig, microwave oven, large bathroom with excellent shower head. Didn't take advantage of daybreak breakfast.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled with family
Roshani150, General Manager at Days Inn & Suites Ridgeland, responded to this review, August 16, 2013
Dear Lant D

We are pleased that you enjoyed your stay. We would like for you to come back and visit us the next time you are in the area. Thank you again for your comment.

Management
Ridgeland, Mississippi
Reviewed May 26, 2012

Enjoyed our stay and will return. Latrese, the Front Desk Clerk was so polite and helpful. She went out of her way to make sure we were happy with our room. Thank you Latrese!

• Stayed May 2012, traveled as a couple
Trinidad
Reviewed May 17, 2012

This hotel is in an excellent location, being very close to stores, restaurants, bars and the Interstate. The rooms were clean and quiet. The front desk staff was extremely helpful, giving recommendations of how to find places close to the hotel. I will stay here again.

Jackson, Mississippi
Reviewed May 17, 2012

I was very impressed with my stay at this hotel. The front desk manager Ms. Destiny Josey welcomed my family and I in from Rhode Island. I really enjoyed my stay and plan to return again for my net visit in Mississippi.....

• Stayed April 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank Brittany R
Washington DC, District of Columbia
Reviewed May 17, 2012

This was a very nice hotel. The front desk staff was wonderful especially "Ms. Destiny". My family came down from Washington to visit my mother for Mother's Day, and was informed by another family member that this was the place to stay. My husband and I said, "Well lets give it a try". My stay here was well worth every penny! It is also in a central location around a Walmart, Mall, and many other shopping centers. I highly recommend this hotel for family or business!

1 Thank Nikki39209
Chicago, Illinois
Reviewed May 17, 2012

The location of the hotel is around lots of shopping venues and restaurants. I really enjoyed my stay. Everyone was very nice and professional especially Ms. Destiny and Ms. Nicole!! They made sure that we had everything we needed. I will definitely be staying here again!!

• Stayed April 2012, traveled with family