My wife and I stopped at this hotel on the way back from Texas to North Carolina. It was around 2am when we arrived. We had found this hotel via a hotel coupon and it was rated #1 on trip advisor for Ridgeland. I went in and the lady told me they had no coupon rooms left and she only has two room available. She also said she was in the middle of her audit and it would be about 15-20 minutes before she could check us in. We were tired from driving and ready to check in but decided to wait since reviews of other places nearby did not sound promising.
We opted for the double bed accessible room since it was cheaper. The outside and lobby of hotel looked nice. We got checked in and into our room. The first thing we noticed was this was not by any means the cleanest room. Most of the pillows had long black hairs on them and some had stains. A lot of the furniture looked like it had stuff spilled on it and had not been cleaned well.
We entered the bathroom and the floor was dirty looking but not that bad. We did see a leftover shampoo bottle and bar of used soap still in the shower. Needless to say we were very careful not to touch much. We also saw hairs in the bathroom.
Since we were tired and not staying that long we didn't complain but otherwise I would have preferred a cleaner room.
The room had a mini fridge, microwave, hair dryer, ironing board and iron, coffee maker, desk and chair and 2 double beds. The TV was flat screen and worked fine. The remote was missing its battery cover but worked okay.
The A/C worried good. Before morning we had to shut it off as it got too cold. The bed slept OK.
The shower worked okay but this room had an open shower since it was an accessible room. This made it easy for the water to run into the bathroom. The drain was a bit sluggish and there was not much of a lip to keep the water from running out.
There was not much counter space in the bathroom but it worked for one night.
We checked out shortly after 11am. Checkout was fast and easy. The desk clerk was nice.
We did not use the outdoor pool but it looked clean and inviting.
Other than the issues with the room being unclean this was an okay stay. if staying for long I would check the room first if possible.
I think they had continental breakfast but we did not see it so can't comment on it.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- This interior corridor hotel located directly off I-55 is surrounded by many fine eating establishments including Applebees, Logans Steak House, Olive Garden & more. We offer a complimentary Fitness Room & Business Center & Complimentary Fresh Baked Otis Spunkmeyer Cookies daily from 4p-8p. We provide an Expanded Daybreak Complimentary Breakfast from 6a-9a daily. Our breakfast includes; Fresh Belgium Waffles, Assorted Cereal, Yogurt, Toaster Breads, Muffins, Twin Rolls, Danish, Fresh Fruit, Oatmeal, Sausage/Biscuits, Juices & Coffee. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, Expedia, Priceline, Orbitz, Cancelon, TripOnline SA, Travelocity, Hotwire, getaroom.com and HotelQuickly so you can book your Days Inn & Suites Ridgeland reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Days Inn & Suites Ridgeland Hotel Ridgeland
- Days Inn And Suites Ridgeland
- Days Inn Ridgeland
- Ridgeland Days Inn