“Good food..not so good service”
Review of Mint Restaurant and Bar - CLOSED

Mint Restaurant and Bar
Cuisines: American, Contemporary
Good for: Local cuisine, Romantic
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: Old Agency Road
Reviewed July 22, 2014 via mobile

In town on a solo business trip and Mint was close to my hotel. I was seated by the hostess, my waiter came by & brought water & said he'd be right back...17 minutes later he showed back up :( ..I did order a MS beer the Lazy Magnolia Southern Pecan was on tap. I had a cup of the She Crab soup and the Lobster Mac&Cheese. I had to flag the server down when I was almost done with the appetizer to even put my entree order in. The food was very good, but was tainted by the poor service.

1  Thank photochick502

Reviewed June 12, 2014

My wife and I have eaten here 3 times, and all three times have left saying "What did we just pay $130 for?"

Food is OK, but not gourmet by any means. You can hear the kitchen but can't see into it. Not a relaxing experience. Waitstaff is friendly and pretty well trained but the restaurant is understaffed.

I think because it is in a nice area they get a pass by a lot of customers. Average at best, especially for what you're paying.

3  Thank GillKin
Reviewed June 10, 2014

My wife and I had booked another restaurant for Brunch on a Saturday but due to a gas leak, we were unable to go to that restaurant. My next choice to take her to was Mint because I had never eaten there but had always seen it when we go out to Fresh Market to get Nielsen-Massey Madagascar Vanilla Bourbon Extract for our cakes and other items that we bake. I was very impressed with the inside because it is beautifully decorated and we were seated by the window where we could casually view people walking up and down the sidewalk going to the stores. The waiter brought us out a basket of their biscuits. The biscuits were so, so very good!! They were like a baking soda biscuit that my mom had prepared for us many years ago. They were really crunchy with a moist inside and had cheese througout the biscuits. We were served sweet butter with them and we quickly destroyed the evidence. I could imagine sitting down with these biscuits and some ribbon cane molasses and butter. My favorite would be a favorite of my mom's which was to take the baking soda biscuits, slice them open, melt butter on them and then put sugar on them. Wow, I've got to get a dozen to take home and try them with some other ingredients. We were indecisive about getting an appetizer but we decided on the beignets. I thought to myself - well, we have had some wonderful beignets at Cafe Du Monde in New Orleans and also other places so we didn't expect much from these. Here is the SPECIAL SECRET of this restaurant. These beignets were AMAZING!!!! They were light, hot, and simply melted in your mouth. They came with a creme anglaise sauce and also a warm rasberry sauce. There were around six on the plate and we could have eaten another half dozen. I really can't explain how good these are. If you go to this restaurant, try these beignets, if you try nothing else. My wife got the crab cakes with poached eggs and shaved asparagus. She said it was pretty good but it was not hot and she said she probably would try something else next time. I got a hamburger which included a fried egg, bacon, and a fried dill pickle. It was really good. It is a large hamburger and I carried about half of it home. The coffee was really good and the orange juice was fresh squeezed. We will definitely be back here again because I still can't believe the awesome taste and texure of those beignets. Goosebumps are in order !!!

Reviewed May 30, 2014

Our party of six went for drinks in the bar and stayed for dinner. The bar seating is certainly satisfactory. The service for beverages as well as food was very good. The food quality was good; everyone had positive comments on such. It has a lively atmosphere.

Reviewed May 28, 2014

Friendly, efficient staff. Checked back often. Did not rush the customer. The food was well prepared and hot on arrival