“My favorite” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Mint Restaurant and Bar - CLOSED

Mint Restaurant and Bar
Cuisines: American, International, Contemporary
Good for: Romantic, Local cuisine
Dining options: Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner, Brunch, Full Bar, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: Old Agency Road
“My favorite”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 30, 2011

Great drinks, great food, great atmosphere! This is one of my favorite restaurants anywhere! Ive never been disappointed.

Boulder, Colorado
“Good food, Good Flavors, Good Service”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 31, 2011

Had lunch here several times and the food was well prepared. First time I ever had shrimp and grits and they were great. Cheesy soft grit , the shrimp had a grilled flavor. good smoky lardons. I used the biscuits to clean the plate.

On another visit I found the crab cakes too wet and under seasoned. Not terrible, but Bonefish Grill crab cakes were better...and Local 463 are outstanding.

• Visited July 2011
Easley, South Carolina
“Great Restaurant but needs a little training.”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 21, 2011

I visited this restaurant with a large party of army wives after a shopping trip. We had two waiters to work our group of about 20 (which I do not consider a large party). I do not personally believe the restaurant is capable of handling a large party. We all got our drinks but it took forever for them to come back to get our order. Then they finally brought us the "famous" cheese biscuits which were wonderful once we got them. I ordered a cup of the crab soup which was cold and had to be sent back. The soup itself was very nice once they got it out heated. We also ordered some appetizers such as the fried mac n cheese and the onion rings. Those were excellent. We asked for some more biscuits which we never got. When we finally got our food, we had a few that ordered the mini burgers and the waiters did not tell them they are normally cooked medium to medium well. Anyway my mother in laws wasn't even in that range. It was red as a rare steak. One of the other girls had the same problem. They send those back and then we were told it would take at least another 30 minutes to fix more food. Needless to say we had to be back on our bus at a certain time and those people never even got to eat their food. The manager did present us a free meal but what good is that when you are traveling from SC to Mississippi. The restaurant would be wonderful if they would just perk up and train all the staff. Also they never even presented us with a desert menu at the end of the so called meal. Some of them would have liked a desert to take with them.

• Visited June 2011
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
Madison, Mississippi
“Beautiful Restaurant with Good Food”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 20, 2011

I think Mint is arguably one of the nicest restaurants in the entire metro area. No one is ever in there lunch so it is good to go then and very reasonable. The bar business is big evenings and weekends so I wouldn't go there late for dinner. I like the bone in ribeye a lot but is almost 40 bucks. The herb roasted duck is also good. Just make sure to bring a bill for two is you want to have a nice meal (possibly much more). Service is good but not outstanding which you would expect for a restaurant of this price point.

• Visited February 2011
“Metropolitan”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 1, 2011

Food and service were outstanding, and the server said that they were about to have the best chef in Jackson area. I can't wait to come back!!!!