“Great dinner”
Review of Ely's Restaurant

Ely's Restaurant
Reserve with OpenTable
Ely's Restaurant is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #7 of 153 Restaurants in Ridgeland
Cuisines: American, Seafood, Contemporary
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed November 7, 2013

I had a fantastic dinner here Oct. 28. The setting was inviting and the service was spot on. The crab claw appetizer was delicious and my stuffed flounder was the best I've ever had--and a huge portion. Coupled with a nice New Zealand wine, it was a great meal.

Reviewed November 2, 2013

The shrimp and crawfish dip is by far the best appetizer I have ever had and I have visited many 5 star restaurants all over the world. The scallops were delicious, just a little pricey. I always try the filet on my first visit and though it was good and cooked medium rare like I prefer, it was a bit bland and not seared on the outside to my liking.
The service and employees were wonderful with an exceptional atmosphere. The waiter did fail to bring us our side dishes of creamy spinach and Mac and cheese which were highly recommended to us by friends, but we were actually happy about that because we were stuffed and the waiter did realize his mistake before bringing the bill and us having to bring it to his attention.
I would highly recommend this place and plan on returning many tines, but if you are looking solely for the best filet in town, there are a handful of other local places I think can beat them on that. But some of those places often have a less desirable atmosphere, less polite an appreciative employees, and less enjoyable dining experience overall where you feel rushed and occasionally are billed for things that you never even ordered.
Ely's exceeded my expectations and seemed eager and happy to satisfy any requests to offer the best dining experience possible. Unlike some of the other fine dining places in the area which often make you feel like you are a nuisance if you have any special requests that makes an employee/server spend an extra minute on making you happy.

1  Thank Midbugs23
Reviewed August 11, 2013 via mobile

My wife and I were celebrating our annivesarry enjoyed two different delicious seafood entries. Well worth the experience.

Reviewed July 19, 2013

I very rarely order steak when I eat out, because I like mine well done, and it's almost impossible for most restaurants to get it right. Ely's is the exception. I have had their filet several times now, and I've NEVER had to send it back, which is amazing!! Completely cooked all the way through, yet still tender and juicy and delicious!! I wish other chefs could figure it out. Their cocktails are perfection, and their wine list is impressive. The atmosphere is great, and service is impeccable. Ely's is my favorite place to go for a special night out. I can't recommend it highly enough.

Reviewed July 6, 2013 via mobile

We were seated immediately. A waitress was with us within minutes. The wife got a salad which was a fresh dark green salad. She said it was one of the best salads she has had in a long time. I substituted the crab meat bisque for my salad. It was very good. When I ordered my second beer the waitress was back in 1 minute. Our entrees were out in 10 minutes. I had the blackened blanc. The wife ordered the grilled shrimp and scallops. She got 4 Large grilled shrimp and 3 scallops which was $27 with no side. The fish was ok. I've had a lot better for alot less money. Her shrimp and scallops were off the chart good. Overall good experience and decent food that was kind of expensive. Ill come again and try something else but the blackened blanc.