“Best service in the area, but a bit overpriced”

Ruth's Chris Steak House - Ridgeland
Reserve with OpenTable
Ruth's Chris Steak House - Ridgeland is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #14 of 150 Restaurants in Ridgeland
Cuisines: Steakhouse
Dining options: Reservations
Dining style: Fine Dining
Ridgeland, Mississippi
“Best service in the area, but a bit overpriced”
Reviewed January 26, 2013

We enjoyed our first visit to this restaurant and plan to go back.
The atmosphere is probably one of the best in the area. Most tables seemed to be either booths or have partitions between them so you have a sense of privacy. Really appreciated that aspect. Could be said to be romantic. After the crowd had drank a few glasses of wine the noise increased, but was not intrusive.

When we first sat down we were asked which kind of bottled water we desired. Were not informed that it would cost $5. Excellent water but noticed most people declined the offer, as we will next time we visit. Local tap water is OK by us.

The wine list deserves praise for the this area. One of the best. Also one of the most expensive to the point of you have to be kidding me. There is point where you go from a fair profit to just screwing the customer. They go over the line in my opinion. We ordered a bottle but they seemed to have a good selection by the glass, at perhaps not quite as high of a markup.

Service by Elaine was outstanding. She is the reason we will go back to this restaurant. Offered advice, knew the menu and wines. Was warm, friendly and just made us glad we were there and spending a fortune. The entire staff from start to finish, offered a level of service that is unknown to this part of the world. Hats off to the management that has created this unique breed of people that want to make their customers happy.

The food was good to outstanding. We shared a Caesar salad. Pretty good with some melted cheese in it that you dream about. The rest was just OK.

We both got the filet. I should mention that we are not really big steak eaters. I had the brandy-pepper sauce on mine, which was good. Very good steak.

We had asparagus and scalloped potatoes for a side. The asparagus were OK but nothing special. The potatoes are a reason to go to this restaurant in my opinion. Completely outstanding. The kitchen has the art of blending/meting cheese to an art form. I tip my hat to them in this regard.

We enjoyed our visit and will go back to try other items on the menu. We had made reservations and on a weekend night this would be a good idea as the place was full.

• Visited February 2012

Farmerville, Louisiana
“Great event”
Reviewed January 14, 2013

Best service and wonderful food! The steak was beyond belief and sides were perfect. Never a mistake to choose Ruth's Chris, but this particular location has service down to an art.

Visited January 2013
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“BEST OF THE BEST!”
Reviewed January 10, 2013 via mobile

I chose Ruth Chris for my 56th birthday dinner. It was actually a week after my birthday, but my first opportunity to celebrate it with a meal. It was a rainy mid-week night in Jan and probably an hourand a half from closing when I arrived by myself and without a reservation. No celebrity could have received finer treatment than I was offered from the moment I stepped in the door. I was greeted warmly and shown to the best table. Jason, my server, called me by my name, Megan, with him, was as sweet as she could be. The food I ordered was the best I've ever eaten and it arrived promptly. I was constantly checked on, accomodated & conversed with, as were diners seated near me. To top it off, the Gen Mgr, Travis, stopped by my table and was as polite, gracious and attentive a host as the staff who worked with him. I've traveled to top Caribbean resorts and eaten in restaurants with the area's highest ratings. Great though they were, none of them matched this experience. The staff at Ruth Chris made it my greatest birthday ever by personalizing their service and giving their absolute ALL! I will love them always for it. You couldn't make a better choice in a restaurant than this one! It deserves greater than 5 stars. It deserves a letter to corporate commending it and those who manage it. And I will certainly write one!

Southeastern U.S.
“Not Up to Par for Ruth's Chris”
Reviewed December 15, 2012

If Ruth’s Chris is one of your favorite places, then you will probably like this one. If you enjoy cooking your own steak and prefer not to have waiters look down their nose at you, you will understand my rating. I took my wife to this location for our anniversary. We have eaten at other Ruth’s Chris with different experiences. For the price, the food was merely average. The bottle of wine I ordered was not their most expensive (although certainly adequate.) From that point on, the wait staff was a bit rude. We expect to be pampered when we elect to spend that much on a meal experience. Keep in mind that the wait staff probably changes and your experience may be much better, but we will not return.

Visited April 2012
Slidell, Louisiana
“Doesn't get better”
Reviewed December 7, 2012

Expensive but so worth it in everyway. The best restauratn in the Jackson area. The pomgrant martini is second to none. The chop salad is something dreams are made of. I LOVE THIS PLACE

• Visited January 2012