“Very pleasant stay”

Hyatt Place Jackson/Ridgeland
Ranked #5 of 16 Hotels in Ridgeland
Reviewed December 9, 2010

The hotel was very nice, and very comfortable. The people at the desk went out of their way to be nice and helpful. The room was very spacious and quiet and comfortable. It was off season so the price was amazingly low. There was a place to use the internet although they do have wifi availabe in your room. There was a continental breakfast, but you have to pay for hot food. That is my only complaint with this hotel. All in all we were very pleased with our stay. Oh, it was not difficult to find with gps and it is close to the Cowboy Culture museum, which you should visit if you are staying at the hyatt.

• Stayed: November 2010, traveled with family

Reviewed November 11, 2010

I stayed in room 204. Every morning around 6 AM some noise below me started and vibrated the room to the point the pictures on the wall, the bed and the glass shower door would vibrate. Also, the temperature on the shower could not be regulated. The morning of my checkout, the water in the shower went scolding hot and would not go cooler. It was very unpleasant to rinse the soap off in scolding hot water. If I had been staying any longer, I would have requested to change rooms.

• Stayed: November 2010, traveled on business
1  Thank bamabat
Reviewed November 9, 2010

Overall the hotel itself was great. Well maintained, room was extremely nice. Bed was plush, TV was large - room was quiet. Good location within walking distance to nice shopping area. I didn't try breakfast, as I ate breakfast out both morning I was there. The staff was horrible.

Had one huge issue. I made the mistake of leaving my credit card on the counter in a clear plastic see through wallet. It was easily visible when you walk into the room. The card is an emergency card that I have used only once - I usually don't carry it, but my wife had grabbed it, and I forgot to put it in the wallet I carry with me. The card is set up to alert me when it is used. We returned to the room around 10:00 that evening, and get an email at 10:50 telling me the card had been used for a cell phone payment of a Mississippi based cell phone company that I don't use and had never heard of just seconds earlier. I searched for the card, located it where I left it, and it became obvious that someone with access to the room (cleaning crew, maintenance, etc), had written down the number to use later, and thought I wouldn't notice it until I was gone.

I printed out the email notification out, notified the manager who wrote down my phone number and said she would be following up with me in the next day or two once she spoke to whomever serviced my room that day. I never heard from her. I emailed her and she never responded. All I wanted was a simple apology. If she told me that she couldn't locate the thief, or couldn't prove that they had used my information I would've understood. However, she has ignored me like the plague, and the professionalism of the Hyatt brand is now in question for me. First a staff member steals and uses my card information fraudently, and then a manager fails to followup or even apologize. If you stay at this hotel, be sure to take everything with you each time you leave!

• Stayed: October 2010, traveled on business
5  Thank DEI2010
Reviewed October 10, 2010

Everythig was great. I don't know why there were bad reviews concerning the breakfast. We found it to be great, they even had tomato juice which is two bucks a glass other places. If u don't want to pay for eggs then don't. If u cand find plenty to eat here then u are too picky. Kids loved pool. Huge room with pullout sofa. This is my new hotel for jackson. Great location with upscale mall next door. Forget drury and holiday inn. You may get shot down there.

• Stayed: October 2010
Reviewed August 15, 2010

We checked in quickly and knew what to expect from previous experiences at Hyatt Place. Our kids are always excited for the 42" TV! The breakfast was fine and got us going. As a previous reviewer stated, we also had a problem with the internet connection, which is surprising for a business focused hotel. Staff were up front with dinner suggestions.

• Stayed: August 2010, traveled with family
Reviewed July 8, 2010

We stayed at the hotel on the way to St. Louis and found the hotel to be great. The staff was very courteus and helpful. They went above and beyond to make sure that my husband had the correct type of bathroom since he really needed a bathroom with a roll in shower and not just a handicap bathroom. The rooms were clean and very nice. Oh yea, the Starbucks was a great find.

Bonnie and Doug from Texas

• Stayed: July 2010, traveled as a couple
Reviewed May 27, 2010

I've stayed at this location twice, for a total of three nights. Both stays have been PERFECT! The first time I stayed with my wife on May 7 - 8, 2010, simply because I previously lived in Jackson and we were planning a getaway to St. Louis the next week, and had reservations at the Hyatt Regency St. Louis at the Arch. I had never stayed at a Hyatt hotel before, so I wanted to "dip my toes in the water", so to speak. Check-in was as smooth as could possibly be without using the check-in kiosk. The gallery host, Bobby, was all smiles and made us feel like we were the only ones there. We were quickly up to our room on the 5th floor. I love it! The rooms here (i'm currently in my room typing this) are the most luxurious I've experienced, aside from the Hyatt Regency St. Louis, and I've stayed MANY a nights in hotels. I'm speechless on all the amenities this great hotel has to offer. The large sectional couch was just a Godsend, most hotel couches are hard and oh so uncomfortable. Not the one at this Hyatt Place. It also makes into a queen sized bed. The 42" Plasma tv was a BIG plus in my book. I don't stay at hotels that don't have flat screens, anymore. And although the hotel has the lodgenet system, it's 100% HD! All major networks (exception was NBC/WLBT-TV) plus ESPN, HBO, and others. You can order HD movies from the remote, as well. simply amazing. The tv is viewable from both the sitting area and bed area. The king sized bed is great! I can't in good faith say that it's as comfortable as a true Hyatt Grand Bed, as I slept on one at the Hyatt Regency St. Louis, but it was still AMAZING! The shower was HUGE, overall the hotel looked breathtaking, both inside and out..the lobby especially. All areas smelled brand new. Each time I call for a late checkout, the gallery host calls me by name and has no problem complying with my request. Even the housekeeping staff made me feel like I was the only one there. I currently have three free nights with Hyatt via Gold Passport, and I'm planning on coming back here very soon. Anytime you're in Jackson, whether it's for business, leisure, or just a stay over from a long trip, you need to check this place out. You're wasting your money at other establishments. The photos on the hyatt website are what the rooms actually look like. Great place, I say.

• Stayed: May 2010, traveled solo
Also consider these accommodations in or near Ridgeland
Embassy Suites by Hilton Jackson - North/Ridgeland
Home2 Suites by Hilton Jackson/Ridgeland
TownePlace Suites Jackson Ridgeland/The Township at Colony Park
SpringHill Suites Jackson Ridgeland/The Township at Colony Park
Hilton Jackson
Hilton Jackson
#2 of 39 in Jackson
Drury Inn & Suites Jackson Ridgeland

Been to Hyatt Place Jackson/Ridgeland? Share your experiences!