“They have thieves for employees!”

Hyatt Place Jackson/Ridgeland
Ranked #5 of 16 Hotels in Ridgeland
Chicago, Illinois
“They have thieves for employees!”
Reviewed January 24, 2014

I stayed at this hotel for one night and had to check out unexpectedly. I left my tablet and a couple of chargers behind and when I came back for them they were gone. I spoke the manager on duty and I was treated like a liar or a "crazy woman" who has just misplaced her belongings because it was not seen by any of their employees...
After a few days of requesting to to be contacted by the GM I finally had to call back myself. After several attempts I got connected with the GM whom, not to my surprise treated me just like his employees. I had to insist that my tablet was there and accuse one of his employees before he finally said that he would investigate. Long story short, they mailed me back my tablet after the employee returned it, but I have not even received as much as an apology from the GM or anyone else on staff for that matter. Very poor customer service to say in the least!

Room Tip: Keep your belonging on you at all times!
  • Stayed January 2014, traveled with family
3 Thank Lovie2014
Jack W, General Manager at Hyatt Place Jackson/Ridgeland, responded to this review, January 28, 2014
Dear Lovie2014 -

Thank you for taking the time to write a review of our hotel on TripAdvisor. As with my telephone calls and follow up emails, please let me reiterate again that I am deeply sorry for the circumstances surrounding your tablet. I want to assure you that the team member involved is no longer associated with our hotel. We have prided ourselves on safe and guest friendly accommodations, and this one person did not meet that protocol. I am very happy that we were able to return your belongings to you and again, I am very sorry that this occurred in the first place.

Warm Regards,

Jack Warner

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (41)
Toluca, Mexico
Reviewed January 2, 2014

I had stayed at Hyatt Place several times during the past years. I really like the spacious rooms and comfy beds. Breakfast is also very nice, with different options over the days. Front Desk staff is always friendly, even when I checked in very late one night after a delayed flight. The hotel is conveniently located near shopping area.
On the downside, during my last visit, the bathroom didn’t look very clean. It seems like it was no cleaned in a daily basis, but nothing too gross to complain about.
Definitively, I recommend this hotel.

Jackson, Mississippi, United States
Reviewed December 26, 2013 via mobile

My girls and some of their friends recently stayed her for a girls weekend getaway. We absolutely loved the spacious rooms and also how convenient the hotel is for shopping. This will be our choice for our next girls getaway

Stayed December 2013, traveled with friends
New Orleans, Louisiana
Reviewed December 11, 2013

I have been a loyal Hyatt member for years and traveled quite extensively but must say this place was awful to put it nicely. Rude staff, room wasn't clean when we checked in at 5pm and had to be moved to another room. Breakfast was empty 20 minutes before closing. We stood at the front desk to ask about a question about a particular restaurant and waited for 10 minutes with no one there...we finally left. I am beyond disappointed and would NOT recommend anyone staying at this place. Oh, and we also asked for an iron that was not in our closet and never received one during our 2 day stay. The next time I come to Jackson, I will stay with Hilton.

Room Tip: I would recommend anywhere but the Hyatt Place in Ridgeland, MS
  • Stayed November 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank Hope B
Oxford, MS
Reviewed December 4, 2013

Quick trip to Jackson and stayed at the Hyatt Place. Very nice room. Good staff. Great TV. I really like the Hyatt Place line and this one proved to be excellent. Very close to upscale shopping area. Breakfast was very nice with some unexpected food offerings in a cheerful room.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled with family
New Orleans
Reviewed November 21, 2013

I booked a room with this hotel (prepaid) and arrived at around 8:00 p.m. A man checked in right before me, but when I approached to check in, the assistant GM told me that the hotel would be paying for my room. I was confused when she handed me a letter, but soon realized that they did not have a room for me and were sending me to another hotel - but she didn't explicitly state that until I asked her outright. She told me that she was going to have the third-party site where I booked/paid for my room refund me, and that she would "make things right."

Quite frankly, I was frustrated. No one let me know ahead of time that this was happening, so I schlepped into the hotel with my bags and everything only to be turned away. So I took the printed directions she gave me for the different hotel and tried to get over it. However, the directions that she gave me led me to a random residential intersection three miles away from where the actual replacement hotel was. So there I was, driving around in the dark in an unfamiliar place, having been led there by the hotel's assistant GM.

Finally, I stopped to figure out where this replacement hotel actually was, made it to the replacement hotel, and called the Hyatt to let them know what had happened. Not only did the assistant GM not answer my call or return my voicemail, she has also not responded to an email follow up I sent and my credit card has not been refunded.

I would obviously never return to this specific hotel -- the service I received was terrible.

2 Thank corklevy
Reviewed November 18, 2013

This was a wonderful place to stay. Great breakfast in the morning, very, extremely friendly staff. They even came to my room at 5am to replace my coffee maker. Room was very clean and fitness center was adequate. Close to an excellent shopping center and restaurants and about 30 minutes from the airport. Only con was checking out took a while as you had to do it in person at the front desk. There was a line. I am used to automatic checkout and getting a statement under my door the morning of checking out. No biggie.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled on business
Also consider these accommodations in or near Ridgeland
Embassy Suites by Hilton Jackson - North/Ridgeland
SpringHill Suites Jackson Ridgeland/The Township at Colony Park
Home2 Suites by Hilton Jackson/Ridgeland
TownePlace Suites Jackson Ridgeland/The Township at Colony Park
Drury Inn & Suites Jackson Ridgeland
Hilton Garden Inn Jackson/Madison

Been to Hyatt Place Jackson/Ridgeland? Share your experiences!