“Great week-long stay”

Hyatt Place Jackson/Ridgeland
Ranked #5 of 16 Hotels in Ridgeland
Reviewed February 11, 2013

My husband and I had a nice, clean room. Breakfasts were a pleasant surprise; we were pleased to have hot items available each morning, such as steel cut oatmeal and breakfast sandwiches. Lots of women depend on daily cranberry juice, so that would be a nice addition. Also, a little bigger bathroom would've been nice, but we got by just fine.

Stayed: February 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Karen-Randy O

Reviewed January 20, 2013

This was our third stay at Hyatt Place, Ridgeland, MS. We would not have stayed here if we had not been very pleased the last two times. These were the issues on this visit: 1) We only had warm and hot water. To have a glass of water, we had to go get ice to cool down the warm water. On another note, I suppose that was better than not having hot water. I would have been very upset if we could not shower. 2) The hallway and room smelled like Chlorox, I had difficulty sleeping because the sheets smelled like Chlorox. I'm all for being sure things are clean, but isn't there another comparable product with a pleasant smell. 3) A group checked in across the hall from us at approximately 12 a.m. They were extremely noisy, making frequent trips in and out of the room with no consideration for others trying to sleep. I should have called the front desk on this one. 4) The afternoon we arrived I went to the dining area to warm up soup in the microwave. The rooms did not have microwaves. The only one was in the breakfast room. Upon opening the microwave door, I noticed how disgustingly filthy the inside was. I proceeded to warm the soup. The next morning I did not use the microwave at breakfast but I did warm soup again around noon. Again, the microwave was disgustingly filthy. This time I told the front desk clerk about it and he immediately cleaned it. This is something the breakfast staff should check every day and be sure it is clean since guests use it throughout the day. 5) We were disappointed there were no cartoon stations available for afternoon/evening viewing. With a 3 and 6 year old with us, it sure would have been nice. We did get Saturday morning cartoon stations. We will probably stay at a different hotel in Ridgeland on our next visit.

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed January 19, 2013

The Hyatt Place in Ridgeland has become one of the preferred hotesl for those staying in the north Jackson area. The rooms are large and well appointed and the staff are friendly. The continental breakfast always includes some hot food (pancakes or breakfast sandwiches) as well as a variety of fruit and other items. I have stayed here many times and have always enjoyed the place. The hotel is a little hard to find from the address as I need directions for my first visit. The desk clerk was providing directions on the phone when I arrived last, so I am not the only one who need help finding the place.

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank OldEagle48
Reviewed January 10, 2013

We stayed at this hotel on a Friday night to rest halfway through our trip to Mobile. Convenient location right off the interstate. Very nice and clean. Spacious room with a nice, little couch and room divider. Comfortable bed and pillow. The bathroom is teeny tiny but the room itself is spacious so I can't complain too much. Check in and check was out was a breeze. The complimentary breakfast was yummy and suprisingly healthy.

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed January 9, 2013 via mobile

This hotel is consistently clean and comfortable. We've stayed 3 times and it's always a welcome respite after a long day in the car. Spacious, quiet, indoor pool for the kids. Who could ask for more?

• Stayed: January 2013
1  Thank Kristine C
Reviewed January 5, 2013

Stayed here twice in December for one night each time. Rooms are spacious. We did not like the bathroom being so small and sink being outside. Water was extremely hot due to which we could not shower and the issue was not fixed.

• Stayed: December 2012
Reviewed December 23, 2012 via mobile

I stay at this location 1-2 times per month. It's a great place with a wonderful staff. The location is excellent and walkable to the Renaissance Mall. Easy on and off I-55 is also a plus. You can't go wrong here.

• Stayed: November 2012
1  Thank UMBusinessTraveler
Also consider these accommodations in or near Ridgeland
Embassy Suites by Hilton Jackson - North/Ridgeland
Home2 Suites by Hilton Jackson/Ridgeland
TownePlace Suites Jackson Ridgeland/The Township at Colony Park
SpringHill Suites Jackson Ridgeland/The Township at Colony Park
Drury Inn & Suites Jackson Ridgeland
Hilton Jackson
Hilton Jackson
#2 of 39 in Jackson

Been to Hyatt Place Jackson/Ridgeland? Share your experiences!