“GREAT HOTEL...OVERALL GREAT STAFF!”

Embassy Suites by Hilton Jackson - North/Ridgeland
Ranked #1 of 16 Hotels in Ridgeland
Reviewed January 24, 2014

My family and I checked in on the 28th of December 2013 at 4:38pm, but we actually were not settled in a room until 6:31pm.

The front desk representative (Annette) was honestly left to be desired. She didn’t have a pleasant attitude at all. When I checked in, I asked her if she had a room on a higher floor and she told me that she didn’t have a room with double beds that was clean. So she placed us in room 219. When we got to 219, the mirrored door on the closet was hanging off of the hinges. When I called to report it…I told her that we will suffice for a King Room on a higher floor and allow the kids to sleep in the living area on the sofa sleeper. She then placed us in room 616 however, the heat was not working. After turning on the thermostat to a warmer climate, and got no results…I called the front desk again. She seemed very perturbed and told me that she will call maintenance. When maintenance arrived he told me that he would bring us a space heater until he was able to rectify the concern. I then walked down the hall headed to the lobby when I ran into Donna (who is one of the housekeeping employees). She asked me was I ok…and I explained to her my concerns. She then took time out to walk me to the lobby and explained to Annette (at the front desk) that she can move us into 619 which was a double that just got cleaned. Annette told her that room was not in the system and she could not move us in that room. At this point, my husband and I needed a drink so we went to the bar for the happy hour until they figured it out. After sitting at the bar 10 minutes the bar tender told me that the front desk clerk wanted us at the front desk. When we walked over to see Annette…she just reiterated that she couldn’t move us in 619 and she is too sorry. However, she could move us in room 529. She gave us a key to 529 and we went back to the bar. When we got back upstairs to 616 to move our belongings, we explained our whole experience to the maintenance guy and he informed us that 619 had heating issues too. He also told us not to go down to room 529 because it was a maintenance room not a guest room. At this point I was frustrated to the 10th power…because I was very tired and wanted to relax. I told Donna the situation and she had me to speak to Laverne (Housekeeping Supervisor). Laverne took the matters in her own hands…I told her that I didn’t want to go back to the front desk because Annette was not pleasant, and I didn’t want to deal with the lack of customer service. So she asked me to stay put in 616 until she returned. She came back 20 minutes later with two keys to room 629. We checked it out first then moved our belongings in the room about 6:30pm. Now that was great customer Service she provided!!!!

On the 29th of December my husband and I headed to breakfast and ran into Derrick (maintenance supervisor); we explained our experience to him and he told us that he would come by our room with a pad to take notes. However, he never came by. He did advised us also to ensure we spoke to Tiffany Murray who in turn was not on the property when we checked out (even though the sign on the wall stated she was the manager on duty). When we checked out and found that Tiffany wasn’t around, we asked for Derrick but the front desk representative stated he was off site getting a key made and he would be back in 45 minutes. Brittney (the front desk representative) was very patient and disgusted with all that we had gone through. She spoke to Tiffany who was off site, and they allowed our stay to be complimentary since we had soo many issues.

Thank you for having individuals on board like Brittney, Donna, Laverne and Rosie. All four individuals showed splendid CUSTOMER SERVICE!!!!!!

IN-DOOR POOL AREA VERY NICE....ROOMS EXTREMELY CLEAN....BREAKFAST IS ABSOLUTELY PHENOMENAL....and the GM is ABSOLUTELY GRAND....ALL ABOUT CUSTOMER SERVICE!!!!!!

You won't be disappointed staying here!!!!

Room Tip: Choose a room on a higher floor!!!!
  • Stayed: December 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank Shree P
KanaHotelGroup, Manager at Embassy Suites by Hilton Jackson - North/Ridgeland, responded to this reviewResponded January 28, 2014

Thank you for your review on TripAdvisor. I was disappointed to learn of your experience at our hotel, and regret that we did not provide a level of service that anticipated and responded to your needs. I apologize for the issues that you reported. I am happy to read that you did have a good opinion of most of our staff and will be sure to let them know. Thank you for your review and for your business. We hope to see you again on your next trip our way.

There are newer reviews for Embassy Suites by Hilton Jackson - North/Ridgeland

Reviewed January 23, 2014

Very nice Embassy, but the hotel may be short staffed, based on the housekeeping. Within walking distance to great shopping and restaurants. My only real complaint is in regards to how housekeeping did a half job. The terribly slow tub drain was another issue. This property is pretty new, I would think that better care would be granted.

Review collected in partnership with Embassy Suites Hotels
KanaHotelGroup, Manager at Embassy Suites by Hilton Jackson - North/Ridgeland, responded to this reviewResponded January 24, 2014

We apologize that you were not satisfied with the cleanliness and maintenance conditions were an issue. We're working with our staff to address your concerns and apologize for the inconvenience. It's our goal to ensure guests are comfortable and taken care of and your feedback will certainly help us as we continue to improve. Your business is extremely important to us and I sincerely hope that you give us another opportunity and consider returning again.

Reviewed January 18, 2014

The arrival was great! The room was very clean and furniture was modern and updated. The facilities actually looked new and fresh. The bathrooms were bigger and cleaner than most other hotels. The breakfast was a score with all of our family.

Review collected in partnership with Embassy Suites Hotels
KanaHotelGroup, Manager at Embassy Suites by Hilton Jackson - North/Ridgeland, responded to this reviewResponded January 21, 2014

We are glad to read how much you liked the size of the bathrooms here at the Embassy Suites Jackson-North/Ridgeland and would like to thank you for such a nice review. We look forward to your next visit our way.

Reviewed January 17, 2014

Cleanliness of hotel rooms has received a lot of attention in the media. It was surprising that this well known extended-stay chain would be negligent in its attention to this basic expectation of clients. I had read reviews online discussing the issue of cleanliness at this facility but did not expect that this area of criticism would not have been rectified. The bright spot of the stay was the wonderful complimentary breakfast.

Review collected in partnership with Embassy Suites Hotels

I am so sorry you found your guest room unacceptable. Our housekeepers work very hard to keep our guest rooms clean and an unacceptable guest room is not the standard at our hotel. My sincerest apologies. I hope you consider staying with us again. We’d love to have you as our guest the next time you are in the area.

Reviewed January 17, 2014

Great location-excellent service-Nice clean rooms. the employees were friendly and helpful. This location Is close to several good places to eat and shop. I enjoyed my stay and would recommend this location to anyone.

• Stayed: January 2014, traveled on business
Review collected in partnership with Embassy Suites Hotels

We will be sure to let our staff know about your kind words regarding them. Thank you for such a good review of our hotel the Embassy Suites Jackson-North/Ridgeland and we look forwrard to your next visit.

Reviewed January 14, 2014 via mobile

We stayed one night for a family weekend getaway with our 9 and 4 year olds. We all enjoyed our stay. The staff was excellent. The extras of a great breakfast and evening snack made were a treat and kept us on-site. We could have easily eaten a good dinner there too. The pool was nice with towels available. I also used the well stocked gym. As I previous post mentioned, the hotel is showing the first signs if wear, that I hope the address. The carpet edge in our room was frayed and the towel hamper at the pool was falling apart. We would definitely stay again.

Stayed: January 2014
KanaHotelGroup, Manager at Embassy Suites by Hilton Jackson - North/Ridgeland, responded to this reviewResponded January 17, 2014

The problems you mentioned were brought to the attention of our housekeeping department and have been addressed. We apologize that you did not find your accommodations up to your standards and are looking at ways to correct the problems. We are happy to read you will be staying with us again and are happy you did have a good weekend here with us. Thank you for your review.

Reviewed January 13, 2014

Worst customer service I have encountered in any chain of Hotels. There isn't any such thing as a reservation of a particular type of room. They don't tell you until you show up and then tell you there isn't anything that can be done. There is a Hyatt Regency across the road and two blocks down that will make sure you get the room you want.

Review collected in partnership with Embassy Suites Hotels

We appreciate the insight you provided regarding your recent stay at our hotel. I understand from your review that you were not entirely satisfied with your visit and we came up short of delivering a hospitality experience consistent with your expectations. I can assure you that our main priority at our hotel is to provide our guests with the most attentive and personalized service and sincerely apologize that we did not provide you with the level of quality you anticipated. We will definitely take your comments into consideration to improve the training of our staff. Again, thank you very much for your review and we sincerely hope that you will provide us a future opportunity to regain your confidence while visiting our hotel.

Also consider these accommodations in or near Ridgeland
Hyatt Place Jackson/Ridgeland
Home2 Suites by Hilton Jackson/Ridgeland
SpringHill Suites Jackson Ridgeland/The Township at Colony Park
Hilton Jackson
Hilton Jackson
#1 of 39 in Jackson
TownePlace Suites Jackson Ridgeland/The Township at Colony Park
Drury Inn & Suites Jackson Ridgeland

Been to Embassy Suites by Hilton Jackson - North/Ridgeland? Share your experiences!