“I haven't stayed EVERYWHERE, but this will be hard to beat in Jackson”

Embassy Suites by Hilton Jackson - North/Ridgeland
Ranked #1 of 16 Hotels in Ridgeland
Memphis, Tennessee
“I haven't stayed EVERYWHERE, but this will be hard to beat in Jackson”
Reviewed June 27, 2012

I've only stayed at a few places in Jackson, but as far as a building and rooms go, I'm thinking this will be hard to beat in this area. Heck, as a person who's stayed at the Wynn and Venetian in Las Vegas the only thing this place is missing is the resort style bathroom. For me, while I'm working in the area, it's hard not to be comfortable here.

The parking is plentiful and I was able to check in as a Silver Honors member before noon. That saved my day and I'm grateful for that. The reception this evening was good. It has chips, cheese, salsa, and crackers. Nothing too fancy but the beer selection was good. The Southern Pecan is a favorite along with Bud Light, Miller Light, and Mich Ultra. The house liquor was Jim Beam, Canadian Club, rum, etc.... can't beat it for free.

I'm looking forward to the breakfast tomorrow. It's always a treat at Embassy Suites and I expect it to continue. Please excuse my while I take a dip in the indoor pool. Simply the best!

Room Tip: Because of the A/C and the heat of the area, you may want to stay on a mid-floor. Also, stay near th...
  • Stayed June 2012, traveled on business
, Manager at Embassy Suites by Hilton Jackson - North/Ridgeland, responded to this review, June 29, 2012
 We are pleased to hear you enjoyed our hotel the Embassy Suites Jackson-North/Ridgeland. Please return often!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (52)
Reviewed June 21, 2012

We frequently stay at Embassy...we are Hilton Honors members...this property just didn't compare to others we have stayed at....our room (609) NEVER for cool so it was very hard to sleep (temperatures in the 90's) my white socks are now BLACK! Lobby is nice, staff seemed friendly.

• Stayed June 2012
1 Thank llcooljunk
Traveler1Tampa, Manager at Embassy Suites by Hilton Jackson - North/Ridgeland, responded to this review, August 2, 2012
We are disappointed to hear of your experience at our hotel and appreciate you taking the time to provide feedback. . We are sorry for the problem this caused with your sleep. Please know your comments are taken very seriously and will be acted upon immediately.
Collinsville, Mississippi
Reviewed May 6, 2012

I stayed at this hotel because I was attending a conference there the next day. I love the entrance---huge, open lobby with a sculpture and a waterfall. Checkin went well. I stayed in a non-smoking, king bed suite. As with a suite, the bedroom is separate from the "living area/kitchenette. It had a coffee maker, sink, mini-fridge, and microwave. Internet was free. Bathroom was nice, and I loved the shampoo, conditioner, and bodywash (Crabtree and Evelyn). As with all of the Embassy Suites, there was a "happy hour" with free drinks and snacks, but I did not have time to partake. The breakfast was FANTASTIC and free! Made-to-order omelettes, hash browns, pancakes, biscuits, etc,etc... The conference facilities were nice. I hope next year's conference is held in this same place, because I thought it was GREAT! (Forgot to mention that they have a nice indoor pool and a workout room---did not use either.)

• Stayed May 2012, traveled on business
Traveler1Tampa, Manager at Embassy Suites by Hilton Jackson - North/Ridgeland, responded to this review, May 14, 2012
Thank you for your nice review of our hotel the Embassy Suites Jackson-North/Ridgeland. We hope we can see you again next year or sooner.
Illinois
Reviewed April 24, 2012

Stayed here for one night, just passing through on our way to New Orleans for a cruise. The front desk gentleman was very helpful, efficient, and pleasant. I was checked in faster than I knew was possible- 3 minutes or less probably. Lobby was very pretty and had a nice bar and lounge area. Free snacks and drinks was a nice touch-mainly just chips, etc, but still had several glasses of a decent wine before settling in. We were traveling with 3 adults and one child and wanted a smoking room which is getting harder and harder to find We received a nice room with 2 queen beds, 2 tv's and a small living area with a couch and desk. Room also had a microwave and small sink/counter area, but we really didn't need that. Room was not large, but it worked good enough for one night. Indoor pool area was nice- a little chilly for the adults, but there was also a hot tub that we took advantage of. The free breakfast was awesome. The omelet man was an expert at his job. Nice assortment of other breakfast items too. Not just your typical waffle machine kind of place. The entire hotel seemed very clean and well taken care of. It was very easy to get to from the highway and was located in an area with some interesting shopping nearby. I would definitely stay here again if passing through this area. This was our first time at this chain, but we will try them again due to the experience we had at this property.

• Stayed March 2012, traveled with family
Traveler1Tampa, Manager at Embassy Suites by Hilton Jackson - North/Ridgeland, responded to this review, April 26, 2012
Thank you for your kind review of our hotel the Embassy Suites Jackson-North/Ridgeland. We hope to see you on your next trip this way.
Reviewed April 19, 2012

As mentioned by other reviews the walls seem hollow. Door slams and the walls rumble. Floors were sticky. Air freshner overkill to hide funky smells. Breakfast wasn't replenished and it was only 8am. Carpets are a little filthy. Seems like this is common amongst the brand lately. Not bad and not great. Would stay again because of location.

• Stayed April 2012
1 Thank Wassanga
 Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel. We take all feedback seriously, and sincerely regret if you had problems with noise. We hope to see you on your next trip.
Flora, MS
Reviewed March 26, 2012

With our suite was 2 rooms which was clean, modern and comfortable. It was also quiet. The staff was helpful and friendly. The breakfast selections were extensive and the dining/social area in the lobby is attactive and comfortable.

Stayed March 2012, traveled as a couple
Traveler1Tampa, Manager at Embassy Suites by Hilton Jackson - North/Ridgeland, responded to this review, April 3, 2012
 We always enjoy hearing from our guests here at the Embassy Suites Jackson-North/Ridgeland! Thank you for posting such a pleasant review.
New Orleans, Louisiana
Reviewed March 13, 2012

I loved the room but the housekeeping of the room was horrible at check in.
We loved the lobby, the coffee shop (Seattle's Best) which had the nicest people ever and the Flying Spoon restaurant chef even made us breakfast.

The service was just not there but I feel it could be much more. I used to manage a hotel and was surprised at the night desk staff especially. One woman was very abrupt when I asked her if water came with the room and she pertly and not very politely informed I had to be a Diamond Member of Hilton/Hampton Inn to get water. (I am disabled and needed it to take medication). The only person on the front desk who WAS helpful was a gentleman named Todd who came to my room personally to bring towel and see if everything was okay.

There were curly black hairs on our bedding, in a bedside drawer and in multiple places on the bathroom floor which was unacceptable. There was even a foot print of a shoe obviously from an athletic shoe walking over a freshly mopped floor. The hairs were unacceptable.

We went down to the bar and I found a table to sit out covered in crumbs about 10 PM on the weekend. I went to the bar and asked for a bar cloth as I said the table was dirty. The bartender was deeply engrossed in a very flirting conversation with a woman at the bar and just handed me a dirty towel without barely looking at me. He was obviously not interested in helping me or doing his job.

The service was bad everywhere outside of the restaurant and coffee shop with the exception of Todd at the front desk.

As for the room it was spacious and the bed was great! Very comfortable. The tv had the best selection (45 channels) with a good movie choice and great reception. There was also a tv in the bedroom which was nice. I wish you could watch the same movie in the sitting area and move into the bedroom if you wished to though.
The sofa/loveseat was almost unbearably uncomfortable. It was basically a double pullout bed (not worthy of sleeping on - we did pull it out - for anyone but very small children with a tiny foamlike mattress on springs) and was very hard.

For the price I don't think it was worth it.

We did go into the business pc area one night and a male service employee was in there on the pc (the front desk was empty so maybe them? I am not sure though) and he dashed out abruptly when he saw us.

I can see though how this would be good for business men as everything is there that you might need except maybe a laundry.

Occasionally there was no answer at the front desk for quite a long while when we called down late at night. I got the feeling that these people on the front desk (except maybe the day shift) were not very well trained and very young.

I asked for the general manager and could not contact with him/her because the young person on the front desk would not forward our calls to him/her when requested. I get the screening thing but if asked they should get the calls through.

One note it is back away from the highway I-55 and a bit hard to find if you aren't from the area as it is out in the suburbs. We got lost often and the front desk gave us very different and incorrect directions each time we asked. (Even written down) We are investing in a GPS after this trip! We were late for a concert in Jackson because of this! I would suggest if you don't have GPS to come during daylight hours so you can find them. The area is pretty dark and there are a couple of not well marked and tricky turns to find this hotel off the highway.

Overall very unhappy with our visit.

Room Tip: 3rd floor was great.
  • Stayed March 2012, traveled as a couple
We are disappointed to hear of your experience at our hotel and appreciate you taking the time to provide feedback. The problems you mentioned were brought to the attention of our housekeeping department and have been addressed. While the lack of service you experienced is unusual and not the standard of our hotel, there is no excuse for a lackadaisical attitude on the part of any of our employees. We are sorry for the inconvenience and annoyance this caused.
Also consider these accommodations in or near Ridgeland
SpringHill Suites Jackson Ridgeland/The Township at Colony Park
Hyatt Place Jackson/Ridgeland
Home2 Suites by Hilton Jackson/Ridgeland
TownePlace Suites Jackson Ridgeland/The Township at Colony Park
Hilton Garden Inn Jackson/Madison
Hilton Jackson
Hilton Jackson
#1 of 39 in Jackson

Been to Embassy Suites by Hilton Jackson - North/Ridgeland? Share your experiences!