“Meanest staff ever.”

Add it.
Old Timers Bar-B-Que
Cuisines: American, Barbecue
Reviewed April 25, 2016 via mobile

The food is not particularly good. The meat is tender, but no smoky flavor at all. The owner/cashier gives the impression that they could not care less about your order or enjoyment. I don't know how it stays open since no one ever seems to go there.

Reviewed March 4, 2016 via mobile

I hesitated to leave a review after my first visit.. After my second, I thought it was necessary. I am not very hard to please. All I expect at a restaurant is good food & decent service. At this establishment, the staff (minus one sweet older black lady) was VERY unfriendly. The food was okay. With that being said, I am not a BBQ connoisseur. I just expect BBQ to taste good. And for what I paid here, it wasn't worth it. The place is definitely in need of an update, but that didn't factor into my review because that really doesn't affect things for me. I will not be back.

Reviewed September 9, 2015

This place has been here forever. They have very good food. I just love the Mississippi Mud Pie it is SO good. You will not be sorry for the visit.

Reviewed August 24, 2015 via mobile

The brisket plate it's so delicious with the sandwich 'n onions, I had to get one to go. Old timey family joint rolling real wood smoke under the highway. I'll definitely come back next time in town.

Reviewed July 12, 2015

Been eating here since the late 60s. I've long since moved to the Mississippi Gulf Coast but every time I drive through, I make a point of buying 10 lbs of the beef and three quarts of the sauce.

Their Bar-B-Q Beef Sandwich is one of the best bar-b-q experiences in Mississippi. Try the beef plate - the fries are always hot and fresh and they put a decent amount of smoked pork in the beans.

There was at one time an older Greek fellow who, I believe, was married to the original owner's daughter. He was rather rude, but I haven't seen him in there in quite a while. You don't go to Old Timers' for the conversation, though, anyway.