“Good Eats”

Add it.
Old Timers Bar-B-Que
Cuisines: American, Barbecue
Reviewed September 9, 2015

This place has been here forever. They have very good food. I just love the Mississippi Mud Pie it is SO good. You will not be sorry for the visit.

Reviewed August 24, 2015 via mobile

The brisket plate it's so delicious with the sandwich 'n onions, I had to get one to go. Old timey family joint rolling real wood smoke under the highway. I'll definitely come back next time in town.

Reviewed July 12, 2015

Been eating here since the late 60s. I've long since moved to the Mississippi Gulf Coast but every time I drive through, I make a point of buying 10 lbs of the beef and three quarts of the sauce.

Their Bar-B-Q Beef Sandwich is one of the best bar-b-q experiences in Mississippi. Try the beef plate - the fries are always hot and fresh and they put a decent amount of smoked pork in the beans.

There was at one time an older Greek fellow who, I believe, was married to the original owner's daughter. He was rather rude, but I haven't seen him in there in quite a while. You don't go to Old Timers' for the conversation, though, anyway.

Reviewed March 23, 2015

Rudest uncaring staff I have ever experienced. Stopped on our way from Florida to Arkansas. Went to the counter and was greeted by a woman that acted like we were interupting her. After we placed our order she asked my wife want she wanted to drink. My wife whom had a bottle of diet 7up in her hand with about one swig left in it said water the woman said that's ok but that drink in your hand cannot come in here in a mean voice. We were the only customers in the place. They lost a pretty good order and since I travel that direction frequently - a repeat customer. PASS THIS RUDE PLACE UP! P.s. We walked out and she said "have a nice day"!

Reviewed March 14, 2015

I stopped here for lunch on a Saturday at 12:30pm. There are about 15 padded picnic tables for seating and half of them were full. My order took a little time, 20 minutes. You order and then your order is called out. I ordered the mixed combo plate. It was sliced pork and beef; a bun; French fries (fried in peanut oil) and cole slaw. (They have beans too). The food was good. It cost $14 bucks with a drink.