“Don't stop here!”

Add it.
Old Timers Bar-B-Que
Cuisines: American, Barbecue
Reviewed March 23, 2015

Rudest uncaring staff I have ever experienced. Stopped on our way from Florida to Arkansas. Went to the counter and was greeted by a woman that acted like we were interupting her. After we placed our order she asked my wife want she wanted to drink. My wife whom had a bottle of diet 7up in her hand with about one swig left in it said water the woman said that's ok but that drink in your hand cannot come in here in a mean voice. We were the only customers in the place. They lost a pretty good order and since I travel that direction frequently - a repeat customer. PASS THIS RUDE PLACE UP! P.s. We walked out and she said "have a nice day"!

Reviewed March 14, 2015

I stopped here for lunch on a Saturday at 12:30pm. There are about 15 padded picnic tables for seating and half of them were full. My order took a little time, 20 minutes. You order and then your order is called out. I ordered the mixed combo plate. It was sliced pork and beef; a bun; French fries (fried in peanut oil) and cole slaw. (They have beans too). The food was good. It cost $14 bucks with a drink.

Reviewed March 13, 2015 via mobile

Old greasy french fries, nasty not even smoked BBQ! They don't even smoke their own meat! What? How can you even call yourself a BBQ restaurant! Honestly don't know how they are still in business! Disgrace to Mississippi BBQ!

Reviewed November 21, 2014

I have been eating at Old Timers since the late 60's when they first opened, as I grew up in Florence, MS, just south of Jackson, MS on Hwy 49 South. I have had Barbque close to as good, but none better than old timers. The owner, a short pudgy guy, is not real personable, but I go there for great barbeque, not to socialize. Anyway, he is not there most of the time, but his wife is. I now live about 65 miles from Old Timers, and enjoy it so much, I will make a special trip up there to just eat, then turn around and drive home. I normally get 2 beef sandwiches and a Dr Pepper. You can buy barbeque by the pound and also some of their great barbeque sauce and take it home and make sandwiches for days. As far as I am concerned, anyone who does not like the barbeque at Old Timers does not have good taste.

3  Thank patmuse2014
Reviewed November 20, 2014

Old Timers BBQ opened in 1966 or 67 by original owner George Motley. A number of years later the place was turned over to Mr. Motley's daughter and son in law (He is from Greece, hence the Greek flag, etc). I absolutely love their BBQ beef sandwiches, and have eater there more times than I can remember. I've not lived in area since 1980, but every time I visit the old home area a meal from Old Timers is a must. I do not eat pork, so I can only speak of the beef, but it is great, as is their own special BBQ sauce. Only negative is that the owner/operator is not very friendly except to locals he knows well. Can be very blunt, but the taste of the beef sandwiches makes it worth it. For those who said it probably won't be open long, don't count on that. Going strong since 60's !.

2  Thank Michael M