“Pontotoc DI”

Americas Best Value Inn Pontotoc
Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Pontotoc

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (3)
near Birmingham AL
Reviewed July 12, 2012

Not many people happen to have business in Pontotoc MS, but if you find yourself there then this is a fine place to stay. No, it is not a high end establishment... it is a family run motel that is quite comfortable and a decent value. The room, even though a little dated, was clean, as was the bathroom. The bed was comfortable, and the sheets were above average quality for a mid-price chain. I travel for business 3-4 nights every single week and stay in alot of "motels" in small towns (that is usually all that is available) and mid-price hotels when available. I look for clean and comfortable, not necessarily luxury. One of the things that I appreciate is when a hotel staff actually looks me in the eye and acts like they care that I am there. I can truly say this Days Inn met that need. It was obvious the husband/ wife team truly wanted me to be comfortable, they noticed when I drove up and made sure my key worked. There was a couple of problems with internet access while I was there (I have to do reports at night) and when I made them aware they went to the "nth" degree to try to correct as quickly as possible (they really cared). One night, the husband even gave my his private email admin access just because he wanted me to meet a report deadline. No, it is not perfect. However, if you are in Pontotoc, they welcome you and truly care that you are comfortable. Next time I am there, I could choose to stay in a nearby town at another hotel... but no, I believe I will choose this Days Inn again.

Room Tip: This is a "drive up" motel. Ask for a ground floor room (unless you want to climb stairs...
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled on business
2 Thank CynthiaBama
Oxford, Mississippi, United States
Reviewed March 29, 2012

ExceLlent hotel! The owners are the greatest! I stay in a lot of hotels throughout the United States with my line oF work so I have many to compare to. I reserved my room online through Wyndham Rewards and used reaward pts I had accumulated. I accidently put in the date of arrival one day too soon.once I realizeD it, I phoned hotel and explained that I needed to cancel,however,since they are independently owned, they have no access to the Wyndham Rewards System and was unable to change._I then called Wyndham Rewards Customer Service and was told I didn't cancel by deadline therefore would probly lose my points and to call a diffferent dept the next am bcause thet had closed already. I called them the next am and was told it was up to the property owner. She put me on hold and called Neal,the owner. I had already assumed I'd probaly lost my points but to my surprise I was told that he was going to comp me a room anyway. When I arrived, he and his wife were Working and they were great.Very understanding and said hate for me to lose my points and no room.Even though my room was free, they were very gracious and accomodating. Its rare to find that kind of service and I appreciate them.The desk clerk, nicole, was very nice as well abd tried to help the frst nite I calLed.Fom now on,if I have a job within 30 mile radius,D*)4 Inn in Pontotoc is where I will stay. The room wAs very comfortable and I had no problem with it at all either.

• Stayed March 2012
2 Thank Michelle F
Falls Church, Virginia
Reviewed February 25, 2011

Stayed for over a week on business nearby. Very handy to have micro-fridge in the room. Whole hotel, full or empty, was very quiet. Many other business travelers, including construction crews. Also handy laundry available on site. Front desk will fax/print as needed for you.

Breakfast available could be improved, don't expect much more than breads and coffee. Limited cereal, juice, and almost no fruit. Other breakfast options nearby.
Will certainly stay again as good location, reasonable price, useful amenities, and quiet hotel with friendly staff.

• Stayed February 2011, traveled on business
Horn Lake, MS
Reviewed April 20, 2008

My family and I booked a room here because our son had baseball tournaments and needless to say it was the only hotel there. First of all, the front desk gave us the key to a room that was occupied so we walked in on a couple who were in the middle of getting dressed so you can imagine the looks on their faces as well as ours. Once we approached the door to our room we noticed a dog barking in the room next to ours. I wasn't aware that hotels allowed animals inside their rooms. The room we occupied was overly nasty to say the least. The room itself stinched of an old odor, the drawer to the dresser was falling out, and what took the cake was when we had to use the restroom.....OMG!!!!!! the tub was pure nasty!!!! it was either stained or just down right dirty. We only chose to rest there in between ball games but when it was all over we decided to not stay overnight and made our hour and a half trip back to the comfort of our home to yet make another trip back the following morning. I would not recommend anyone to stay at this hotel ever! If we have to play again in Pontotoc, MS we will book in Tupelo, MS.

• Liked — not a thing!! will not return
  • Disliked — dislike everything
  • Stayed April 2008, traveled with family
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
jayap98, .Manager at Americas Best Value Inn Pontotoc, responded to this review, February 26, 2009
The hotel is under new management as of MARCH 2008. The hotel is completly renovated. Please provide us your e-mail address by calling 662-489-5200, and we will be glad to e-mail you the photos comparing before & after Conditions.

Travelers are raving about these Pontotoc hotels

Also consider these accommodations in or near Pontotoc
Americas Best Value Inn - Tupelo
Hampton Inn New Albany
#1 of 3 in New Albany
Best Western Plus Tupelo Inn & Suites
Holiday Inn Hotel & Suites Tupelo North

Been to Americas Best Value Inn Pontotoc? Share your experiences!