“Food and service ok”

Got a photo?
Add it.
Crescent Cafe
Reviewed May 28, 2012

Crescent Cafe has been in Picayune for a few years and I have gone several times. The food is pretty good, probably one of the better choices for lunch however, the service is a bit lacking. Regulars are nice to see in a restaurant lets you know the food is consistent but, when a sever basically ignores you and only caters to the regulars that is annoying and why I don't go back often.

Reviewed March 17, 2012

My family and I have eaten at this wonderful restaurant quite a few times now. This is pretty much a weekday lunch place with a casual atmosphere, but what a great alternative for lunch! Personally, I get tired of the unimaginative offerings that most restaurants seem to have...limited to deep-fried items, po-boys, catfish of burgers. The Crescent Cafe does carry some of these on their regular menu (and they do them well), but they also, thankfully, cook up some truly wonderful and unique daily specials.

The daily specials have included comfort foods such as meatloaf or corned beef and cabbage (week of St. Pat's Day) to very original seafood dishes and sandwiches with interesting and tasty twists. I sense a lot of New Orleans influence in the cooking, with maybe some Italian too. It's all great! (BTW, the "Big Green Egg" mentioned in some items refers to a grill they sometimes use.) I've included one day's listing below, but the specials change from day to day. My favorites are the seafood dishes, but so far everything I've tried has been delicious.

Example of One Day's Specials :
Eggplant & Seafood Lasagna & Cafe' Salad.....
Crabmeat Stuffed Tilapia, Yellow Rice & Veggie......
Crab Patties over Pasta with Seafood Cream Sauce.....
Beef & Bourbon Burger with Steak Fries.....
(If you provide an email address to them when you visit, the staff will send you an email once per week listing their daily specials. It includes more description, prices, and occasional special events.)

My only gripes are that I would like to see fresh lemon for the drinks rather than the packets of lemon juice, and the atmosphere can be a bit noisy when the restaurant is full. My father ordered grilled chicken once that needed to be cooked a bit more.

However, the praises way outnumber the gripes for this place. We've never had to wait too long to get our food. The portions are just right. The service has always been friendly. The waitresses stay on top of everything, keeping drinks filled and checking in frequently. One waitress even took the time to write out a dessert recipe for me when I asked her about it. There is always something new and interesting to taste among their specials. Highly recommended!

I haven't found a website for them, but they do have a Facebook page. They have a lot of photos posted there.