“Best Valentine's Present Ever!!!” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Henry Smith House

Henry Smith House
Ranked #1 of 3 Picayune B&B and Inns
Marrero, Louisiana, United States
“Best Valentine's Present Ever!!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 3, 2013

This place is so peaceful, so beautiful, great get-a-away from hectic work week. Planned a private dinner, but surprisingly we were the only couple staying for Valentine's evening so we had dinner with Clint and Jenn!! She's a wonderful cook, conversation was great, felt like we were with family!! Definitely recommend this place and will definitely go back!!

Room Tip: The "Boys room is great", and all rooms are equipped with a wonderful SPA tub!!
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 stars

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (9)
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 17, 2013 via mobile

This is definitely the best B&B we've stayed in outside of Natchez. I admit, even after looking at their site, I was skeptical. I was afraid of the disappointment that I've had elsewhere. I was SO wrong! The detail that this couple put into the home are outstanding! I've never been to a home so beautifully decorated. The antiques are absolutely breath-taking! While taking a tour of the home, we wondered where they found such exquisite pieces....so we asked! Jeanette answered every question with no hesitation...she is such a great hostess! They both are so warm and friendly. I can see in the near future, they will be taking reservations for years un advance....they have worked so hard to make this house a home...and that it is! The breakfast was most excellent - we ate in the dining room as the weather was a little too cool for our liking, but we are planning a stay again in May....I can hardly wait! You may think, oh Picayune, MS...but if you don't take advantage of this adventure, you are truly missing out! I can not imagine anyone not having a wonderful experience like we did and everyone else who's written a review. I plan on returning many times and maybe having one of my children's weddings there! Thanks Jeanette and Clint!!

Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
Baton Rouge, LA
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 3, 2012

We took a long weekend trip to this bed and breakfast chosen for it's close location to Baton Rouge. We were surprised that every detail was so well thought out. The owner is also a licensed caterer and the food was delicious. We had breakfast outside in a courtyard since the weather was gorgeous. The owners were attentive to any requests and we had a wonderful time. Picayune was a new area to us but we found plenty to do and several places to eat. We will definitely go back for future stays.

Room Tip: The suite we stayed in was very spacious but the bathroom was down the hall. Other rooms have baths...
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
Metairie, Louisiana, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 26, 2012

This B & B is wonderful! From the moment of my arrival, Clint and Sisi made me feel special. The house is immaculate and decorated magnificently! It was obvious to me that the B&B is a labor of love for them! My room was amazingly comfortable and cozy, to include My own in room bathroom with a Jacuzzi tub! I did not want for anything! I received a grand tour of the property including history on many many items in the Main house. The grounds are lushly landscaped and includes a really nice pool! They made the best breakfast which included the best Eggs Benedict I have every had! I highly recommend this B & B!!
Carolyn C

• Stayed November 2012, traveled solo
1 Thank Carolyn C
Westwego, Louisiana, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 7, 2012

My boyfriend and I had the privilege of attending a birthday bash held at the house and we decided to experience the bed and breakfast since neither of us had ever stayed at one before. Jeannette and Clint were wonderful. We received a tour of the grounds and got to hear all about the history of how they restored the place. The house has gorgeous 12 foot ceilings and beautiful furniture that really takes you back to the time the house was built. Each room has an original piece from that time period we were told. Being set in such a rural area makes the grounds feel secluded and peaceful and very quiet. I had an enjoyable time playing with the resident dogs as well who are very sweet. Because of the layouts of the rooms, this bed and breakfast is perfect for a romantic getaway for couples. We had the option of having breakfast with the other guests or being brought breakfast in bed, we decided to join our fellow visitors. The food Jeannette makes is absolutely delicious and we really enjoyed the formal dining experience. It was overall a relaxing, romantic experience that I would highly recommend to others!

Room Tip: All rooms have a bathtub and toilet that are divided but not separate from room, meaning open to the...
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
London, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 14, 2012

Me and my sister came to stay at Henry Smith house for one night, for her birthday. We had never been to Picayune before but was pleasantly surprised by how nice it is there. Henry Smith House is simply stunning, the setting and interior of this house is pretty magical. We were so well taken care of during our stay and were served a very tasty breakfast in the morning. This place can't be faulted, i is a fantastic place and the owners are so sweet. We liked it and I'm pretty sure you would too.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
New Orleans, Louisiana
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 14, 2012

We stayed in this lovely B&B after visiting friends in the area. Our hosts, Jeannette and Clint were gracious, welcoming and so helpful. The home offers beautiful facilities for an extended stay, a reunion, or a small conference. The breakfast was amazing. We stayed in one of the downstairs suites and did a tour of the home and grounds. It is full of antiques and beautifully appointed, yet it is not fusty or overdone. It is a little out of the way, but well worth the drive on a few gravel roads, easily found using GPS. A sign or two along the way would be reassuring, but not critical. Jeanette and Clint were fun to talk with and knowledgeable about the local history. We definitely recommend!

• Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 stars
Also consider these accommodations in or near Picayune
Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Picayune
Homewood Suites by Hilton Slidell
Wingate by Wyndham Slidell/New Orleans East Area
Microtel Inn & Suites by Wyndham Pearl River/Slidell
Woodridge Bed and Breakfast of Louisiana

Been to Henry Smith House? Share your experiences!