Henry Smith House
$68
Hotels.com
$109
$80
Comfort Inn & Suites Slidell(Slidell)(Great Value!)
$74
$95
$90
Savings alert! 12% below average rates

The price you found is 12% lower than this hotel's average rate of $102/night.

Free cancellation until 05/28
$65
$45
Priceline
See what travelers are saying:
Reviewed June 8, 2012

This beautiful historic B&B is nestled just a few miles out of town and is a lovely slice of heaven on earth. I highly recommend this place to anyone who would like to get away. Great place for weddings, rehearsal dinners, any kind of meeting and catering. Jeanette and Carl do make you feel right at home and when you leave you realize you've just made lifelong friends. We were able to visit for our 15th Wedding Anniversary. Love them and all they've accomplished in getting this site restored intertwining its modern/historic value both rolled into one. Reminiscent of the Gone With The Wind homes, and current southern old homes. Don't miss out on this gem.

Room Tip: Rooms available are great to choose from, downstairs for those unable to tackle stairs, upstairs with angled ceilings for the attic feel, but plenty high enough to keep the open feel. Tubs are great!!!
  • Stayed: August 2011, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Jennie H
Reviewed May 8, 2012

My husband and I have very busy work schedules, we are both in school, we both work and we have a soon-to-be 2 year old! There was no doubt that we needed a quick relaxing get-a-way on our special 2 year anniversary! I was struggling on what I wanted to surprise my husband with on our special day! I knew I wanted to bring him to stay somewhere and I wanted it to be completely unexpected! I came across the Henry Smith House, and I knew immediately by looking at the pictures where I wanted to spend our anniversary! During the time that I booked there was a Valentines' special going on, where you get a FREE candlelit dinner for two and also a special in room dessert. I immediately booked a night in the master bedroom suite! On the day of our stay i packed our bags and put them in the car and we headed to the other side of picayune! He was so confused because he thought we were staying on the coast! ;) We arrived and he was stunned by the beauty of the place and was surprised that I came up with such a good idea! We had the most amazing dinner, and dessert in our room!!! We slept comfortably in our room with the fireplace burning, and woke up to a delicious aroma of eggs benedict!! After breakfast we had a tour around the property and got the whole story on the home, we even found out that my husband's family was once owners of the wonderful place! We enjoyed our stay to the fullest but most of all we enjoyed the owners company and southern hospitality! We plan on going back to stay in each and every room!!! I encourage ALL to stay here if you want to relax, and just enjoy yourself when you come to the city of picayune, or if you don't want to leave town but you need a quick get-a-way from home just because this is the place to stay! (:

• Stayed: February 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Harley F
Reviewed March 27, 2012

I had my wedding at The Henry Smith House in November 2011. When first meeting Jeanette and Clint they make you feel right at home and like you're family. They are some of the sweetest people I've met. They work with you and what you want for your event. The home and property itself is absolutely amazing.It is definitely Picayune,MS best kept secret. The inside of the restored home is breathtaking. The time and effort that this couple has put into this bed and breakfast is outstanding. My sister and I stayed the night in one of the rooms the night before my wedding and had such a relaxing time. My wedding ceremony and reception was more than I had ever dreamed! I wanted for nothing and they made sure that everything was perfect. The food was unbelievably tasty. I would reccomend The Henry Smith House to anyone for any event or bed and breakfast getaway. My husband and I plan on staying there often since the owners are wonderful, the place is gorgeous, and of course the sentimenal value it has to us. I love The Henry Smith House!

• Stayed: November 2011, traveled with family
1  Thank Christine Kelly W
Reviewed March 5, 2012

My brother and I were excited about our visit to The Henry Smith House B & B...the restored home of our grandparents. The facilities have been marvelously updated with the original character of the house maintained. The landscaping is beautiful and the decor is perfect for the house. The service was outstanding. It seemed our needs/wants were anticipated and delivered instantly. The food was delicious and served at our convenience, we only had to set the time. The hosts were extremely competent and friendly.

We were so impressed with the house and grounds that we have scheduled a Henry Smith
Family reunion at the facility for late June. We are excited fo being going back so soon and
sharing this marvelous place with our extended family. Thank you Clint and Jeannette.

• Stayed: January 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank BettyBoopTX
Reviewed March 5, 2012

The Henry Smith House is an amazing place to stay, whether for a night or a week. The rooms are lovely and cozy and the entire home is GORGEOUS! Clint and Jeanette are welcoming and very accommodating! And the cooking is wonderful.

I stayed during a trip down to Mardi Gras and it was the best place we could have chosen! The surroundings are beautiful and it is very serene. It feels like you're home even when you are 500 miles away. It's perfect for a romantic get away or for a trip with family/friends.

I will be visiting again as a birthday gift to myself later this Spring.

Room Tip: Every room is quaint and cozy; I stayed in GG's room and it was perfect. It's very comfortable and the en-suite bathing accommodations are lovely. But the most amazing room, by far, is the downstairs master suite! WOW!
  • Stayed: February 2012, traveled with friends