Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Picayune
Ranked #1 of 4 Hotels in Picayune
Reviewed April 24, 2014

Most of the time I stay in Slidell, but though I would stay at this one. It was a little cheaper and got a free breakfast . Glad I did here. Clean room was ready for check in. I didn't use the indoor pool but went and looked at it and stuck my hand in the water. It was good and warm. If you are going on a cruise in New Orleans this is a good place if you just need a clean place to sleep. It is less then a hr from the port. I will stay here again

• Stayed: April 2014, traveled solo

Reviewed April 22, 2014

We stayed in this Holiday Inn Express because we know what to expect. This location was no exception to the fine quality that Holiday Inn Express offers. The breakfast was hot and fresh. The room was clean, in great shape and orderly. Billing was done as expected. Thanks for the stay!

Room Tip: We had two rooms. One double suite and one king suite. The pull out sofa was comfortable (accordin...
  • Stayed: April 2014, traveled with family
Reviewed March 30, 2014

This hotel is nicely decorated, new, clean and has great staff. But if you have any kind of back problems . go somewhere else. The beds are awful. You would think they could afford a little padding on their concrete slabs for what they charge. Stayed two nights. Never again. Its really ashamed because everything is great except for the beds. Oh and shower has ajustable shower head but you have to be seven foot tall to adjust it. My husbands five foot ten and he couldn't adjust it with out risking a fall. So we just tolerated it. This is a small town and there's not much choice of hotels. But I think I would take a chance on someplace else next time.

Room Tip: Bring a foam mattress topper.
  • Stayed: March 2014, traveled on business
1  Thank patorswife
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Picayune, responded to this reviewResponded April 16, 2014

Dear patorswife,

Thank you for your stay and leaving us feedback. I am glad you appreciated our friendly staff service. We take our guest comments very seriously and always strive to provide comfortable and friendly accommodations. I’m sorry you were not fully satisfied with the accommodations received. We hope that you give us a chance in the future to show you how great our hotel is.

Jaime W
Case Manager
IHGCare

Reviewed February 16, 2014

When we travel, the hotel is one of our least issues. We get up with the sun, get out about town and come back well after dark. We sleep there, shower there and sort a few things out before going back on the campaign. There are few things we need from a great hotel:
Cleanliness. Safety. Personal warmth. The Holiday Inn Express at Picayune has it all!

The ease of check in was amazing. The customer service was perfect. I felt Jessica and Tiffany really worked to take care of me. I appreciate it. The building is newer so it is very nice inside and out and the color schemes are very pleasing. There is a nice breakfast and it is 50 minutes from New Orleans (and awesome food). They make their big promotion to business travelers with outlying connections.
That said, they were 100% customer oriented with nice clean comfortable rooms and excellence throughout. We are very pleased about our choice and thank the staff for a wonderful stay.

Room Tip: Let the staff know your needs and they will take care of you. We were surrounded by early risers whi...
  • Stayed: February 2014, traveled with family
Reviewed December 10, 2013

I travel 1-20 weeks per year, these folks know how to take care of customers. Nice Hotel, excellent customer service, clean rooms. A good stay!
The only suggestion would be to expand the breakfast selection, but that is fairly minor.

• Stayed: December 2013, traveled on business
Shelbie L, Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Picayune, responded to this reviewResponded January 24, 2014

Thank you for your feedback! We are pleased to know you enjoyed your stay! We hope to see you next time you are in town, as it sounds like you travel quite a bit! Take care.

Reviewed October 23, 2013

I recently had to stay at a Hampton Inn (not by choice) and when compared to the HOLIDAY INN in PICAYUNE, it did not even compare. The hospitality, environment, spirit, and dedication to your stay did circles around the other hotel. You can tell they take pride in their hotel by decorating for holidays, and the staff going out of their way to make you feel welcome and safe. The breakfast here at the HOLIDAY INN is amazing...unlike the Hampton, the food is hot, fresh, and the yogurt is actually COLD!

Thanks for giving myself, family and friends a GREAT place to stay when visiting!!!!

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank Momof4Carriere_Ms

Wow! Thank you for your feedback! We are so glad that you enjoyed your stay and especially that we impressed you with out staff/breakfast! I will certainly relay the message to our staff to let them know our hard work pays off. Thank you. Hope to see you in the near future!

Reviewed September 8, 2013

The Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites in Picayune MS is, in my opinion, the best lodging choice in this small town north of New Orleans. I stayed one night while driving from Knoxville TN to Houston TX.

I found the hotel to be clean, the rooms well maintained, and the staff (particularly the operations manager on duty the morning of September 1) to be very friendly. I particularly liked that the hotel had DirecTV, and I was able to watch the MLB Network.

Breakfast choices and the shower set up - both Holiday Inn Express hallmarks - met expectations.

I was able to connect very easily to the hotel wifi on my iPhone and my iPad, but my Windows 8 laptop never would connect. There was a wired connection, but my Windows 8 laptop requires a dongle connection, and I had not brought the dongle with me. I presume the Windows 8 connection problems are a Windows 8 problem, not a hotel problem. Nonetheless, if you are planning on using internet connections on your laptop, ensure you have equipment for a wired connection.

Breakfast on weekends does not open until 7:00 am. I am sure that the hotel staff like this, and I am sure many leisure visitors appreciate later breakfast hours on weekends. However, for travelers passing through, a bit earlier start might be helpful. Small point on an otherwise fine stay.

My room faced the rear of the hotel, and was extremely quiet. I also liked that the doors on the stairways were designed to close quietly. A thoughtful design touch that I am sure many guests appreciate through the absence of doors slamming at all hours of the night.

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled solo
Shelbie L, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Picayune, responded to this reviewResponded September 12, 2013

Thank you for your feedback, as it helps our hotel know how we're doing. We appreciate so much that you had a pleasant stay and pointed out the details you like at our property. We look into all guest's feedback, and your suggestion of the breakfast will be brought to attention! Thank you again, for your kind and informative thoughts!

Also consider these accommodations in or near Picayune
Super 8 Picayune
Wingate by Wyndham Slidell/New Orleans East Area
Days Inn - Picayune
Days Inn - Picayune
#2 of 4 in Picayune

Been to Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Picayune? Share your experiences!