Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Picayune
Ranked #1 of 4 Hotels in Picayune
Fayetteville, North Carolina
“Nice stay”
Reviewed August 18, 2013

My extended stay here was nothing short of a home away from home feeling, everyone at the front desk were hospitable and very helpful. The hotel was impeccably clean and I thank the management for the complimentary platinum upgrade. I am still waiting to get my shirt I left behind but I am assuming it must be lost in the mail but if for some reason it has not been sent out, please get in touch with me to have it shipped to me

• Stayed June 2013, traveled on business
Shelbie L, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Picayune, responded to this review, September 5, 2013
We are happy to hear you enjoyed your stay. Thank you for the kind words. I spoke with management, and they will be contacting you about your item. We appreciate your feedback! We hope to see you again!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (19)
Sugar Land, Texas
Reviewed July 7, 2013

Room - Clean & Pleasant. Air conditioning - Cold and working properly! Beds - Comfortable. Bathroom - Spacious with a nice shower.

We were on our way to Texas from Tennessee. We had planned on stopping in Hattiesburg but every hotel was booked. I called this Holiday Inn Express around midnight and we arrived very late - at 2 A.M. and were greeted by probably the most pleasant front desk clerk I've ever met. She checked us in quickly. She explained where the breakfast would be and what time it opened. Knowing we were checking out 4 hours later she offered to make us coffee even earlier than the buffet opened if we needed some.

The room looked like it had just been remodeled. The beds were very comfortable and the linens looked and felt nice. The bathroom was nicely set up and very spacious. The amenities were nicer than the average soap and shampoo you would normally see.

Although I don't normally travel through Picayune, I would stay there again for sure.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
Shelbie L, Guest Experience Champion at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Picayune, responded to this review, July 23, 2013
Thank you for such kind feedback. We are so pleased you experienced a great stay with us! We pride ourselves in having friendly staff and being personable. We are so happy that Kelli, our night auditor, went the extra mile to assist you! That is true hospitality. If you are ever back in the area, we would love to have you guys with us again! Again, thank you for letting us know how we are doing as a hotel!
Tuscaloosa, Alabama
Reviewed June 6, 2013

Reserved a room on short notice, Saturday afternoon. Grabbed a luggage rack at the door and unloaded the car. Nice and quiet when we checked in; room was airy, modern and clean. Coffee maker, microwave, fridge, complete with (disposable) silverware, plates, etc. I went to return the luggage rack and snagged red velvet cake and petite fors from the refrigerated 'pantry' in the lobby. They had a variety of energy & coffee drinks, sodas, salty, sweet & other foods. We opted for treats from a local bakery. After I made my choices, I paid for them at the desk. The attendant was delightful, offering me milk from the 'breakfast kitchen' as well as making sure I had utensils, napkins, etc. We went for a swim about 5 and there was no one in the pool. They even had a lift chair to assist the disabled into the water. Pool was empty, and perfect temperature, not hot - not cold! There was a gym next door to the pool - with no one in it. The window in our room even opened, I felt like I was in another country. The bed was comfy, TV large, pastries great, shower hot with good pressure. Not a thing to complain about.
If you're stopping around Picayune, definately bed down here! You won't be sorry!
Only issue, we had to make a U-turn after we passed the hotel, as it's set back from the main road, behind the Dominoes Pizza.
If that's your biggest complaint, you're doing pretty well!

Room Tip: There are only 3 floors, so there's not even a wait at the elevator. We were in 311, faced front...
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled with friends
Thank you for the fantastic review and comments! The staff and I are delighted you had a great stay! We very much appreciate your recognition of our hotel. It is wonderful to hear you remark on the details of our hotel and that you noticed our friendly and helpful staff. Certainly we have passed this on to our employees. We are looking forward to welcoming you again during your next stay in Picayune!
Tupelo, Mississippi
Reviewed May 28, 2013 via mobile

We stopped in on short notice and received a room as requested, on the ground floor. The staff was friendly, courteous and extremely helpful. Check-in was fast. Room was very clean and the beds extremely comfortable. The food assortment for the complementary breakfast was good and well prepared. Very tasty!

• Stayed May 2013
1 Thank Wheeler67
Thank you for your recent review! We greatly appreciate your recognition of our friendly staff, cleanliness of our hotel, and breakfast! I have posted a copy of your kudos for the entire staff. Additionally, we are very happy you enjoyed your stay and hope to see you again in the near future!
Milwaukee, Wisconsin
Reviewed March 15, 2013

Everything you'd expect to see in a modern day Holiday Inn Express. The usual HIE (free) breakfast options included in the room rate. Sleek, contemporary (modern) decor scheme. My room was very clean. The desk clerk had useful recommendation for local dinner spots. I will stay here again on my next trip to Picayune.

PS: The large, ugly & noisy reach in beverage cases opposite the check-in desk destroy the restful Zen of the front lobby & seating area. Please find a different place for these that visually & acoustically separate from this area.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank McMacHouse
Shelbie L, Guest Experience Champion at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Picayune, responded to this review, March 18, 2013
We are happy to see you will be returning with us! We appreciate your feedback. We will look into the arrangement of our suite shop. We look forward to your next visit!
Escalon, California
Reviewed March 8, 2013

By far the nicest people you would ever want to meet. Had very bad experince at the Days Inn down the street, and went to Holiday Inn Express with no reservations. We Ended up with a beautiful suite (217) and were able to stay their for 5 days. I would recommend this place .
Thank You to all the staff.
Debbie Soares

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
2 Thank Debbie S
Shelbie L, Guest Experience Champion at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Picayune, responded to this review, March 12, 2013
It was our pleasure to have you guys! We are so happy you enjoyed your stay! If you ever make it back to the area, we would love to have you back! Take care!

Regards,
Holiday Inn Express Picayune front desk
Jackson
Reviewed March 6, 2013

This is the only hotel I recommend to stay at or at least it is the only hotel I will ever stay at while I am in the area. Love the front deak folks, the rooms and snack area the breakfast area. It is just a great place to stay. You will not be disappointed.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
2 Thank crwchief6
Wow! Thank you so much for taking the time to give us your feedback. We are delighted to know you enjoy our hotel and staff! We hope to have you in the near future!
Also consider these accommodations in or near Picayune
Super 8 Picayune
Super 8 Picayune
#3 of 4 in Picayune
Holiday Inn Express Slidell Northwest
Wingate by Wyndham Slidell/New Orleans East Area
Comfort Inn & Suites Slidell
Microtel Inn & Suites by Wyndham Pearl River/Slidell
La Quinta Inn New Orleans Slidell

Been to Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Picayune? Share your experiences!