“Very nice place to stay”

Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Picayune
Ranked #1 of 4 Hotels in Picayune
Reviewed May 7, 2012

The hotel was very clean, the staff very friendly. The room was large. Breakfast had a good selection. The only draw back was it was a little hard to find in the dark. Would most likely stay here again.

• Stayed: March 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank drbw1169

Reviewed April 23, 2012

We were on our way to New Orleans to go on a cruise and needed to be there early on the day of departure. It was Mardi Gras in New Orleans so no hotels were available. I did a search to find hotels close to New Orleans that would fit our schedule and budget. We stayed at the Holiday Inn Express Hotel and Suites Picayune, Mississippi. The hotel was very nice, very new and the desk clerk was very helpful. She suggested a local place to eat that was really nice and had great food. They had an indoor heated pool that was very nice as well. I will stay there again if I find myself in the area...

• Stayed: February 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Karen H
Reviewed April 16, 2012

I needed to go to Picayune on business and picked the Holiday Inn Express as the best hotel in town. I was not disappointed with my choice. The hotel is relatively new and was clean and tidy. The rooms were big and again clean, tidy and well appointed.
The only draw back was there was no night time reatuarant or bar and the location of the hotel was away from easy walking to anywhere to have a meal and a night time drink.
The highlight of my stay was exceptional customer service by Kelli Duleba and Whitney Ellis. I had issues getting laundry done on the Friday and as I was leaving to go to London on the Sunday I needed laundry. On Saturday morning I asked at reception if they had managed to get my laundry done and to my delight there it was. It turned out the both girls had personally washed and ironed my clothes for me in their own time.
Girls, you are ambassadors extraordinare and get my vote for cutover service representatives of the year. I stay in many hotels around the world and you took customer service to a new level.
Management - reward these girls! They have set a benchmark for customer service that will be hard to beat.

• Stayed: March 2012, traveled on business
3  Thank Peterjules
Reviewed April 13, 2012

Only stayed one night here on our way thru the area. Would recommend as a safe and clean hotel.

• Stayed: April 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank JDIllinois
Reviewed January 25, 2012

This recently constructed mid-priced hotel offers the ease, quiet and charm of small town Mississippi, coupled with easy access to the "Big Easy" and the Gulf Coast. The entirety of the property is well-maintained and the staff courteous and very accommodating.

Our group, of approximately 50, conducted a series of business meetings and concluded with a lavish banquet, which utilized much of the facility. The preparatory work was ably facilitated by Joanne Favaloro, the hotel's Marketing Manager, whose expertise brought highly competitive pricing and whose efforts enabled the group's activities to be a resounding success. Most stunning, was the transformation of a conference room into a banquet venue, with blinding speed.

The only negative comments were about the noises within the hotel, Several people reported that they could hear conversations through the vents in their bathrooms, footsteps, (from rooms above,) were obvious to many and room door closings (others,) were a bit too loud.

This property goes above and beyond with an indoor pool, exercise room, upgraded room amenities, free full breakfast and a gracious attitude. There is no confusion about who is the customer/client here, as you are so well treated. It is highly recommended.

Room Tip: The rooms on the North side overlook a green space. As the hotel is sited several hundred feet from...
  • Stayed: January 2012, traveled on business
4  Thank grumerz
Reviewed January 13, 2012

Stayed here for the Alabama vs LSU BCS national championship game. This was the closest we could get to New Orleans for a reasonable rate. It was only about an hour into the Big Easy. The rooms were clean and well maintained. Staff was friendly and the game was great! (Roll Tide!) There weren't many choices besides this in the area unless you go to Slidell, La. but the hotel was pretty nice nonetheless. If you are in the area, it's a very viable choice.

• Stayed: January 2012
3  Thank Phil4Bama
Reviewed September 23, 2011

Normally I book my hotels online a few day in advance but needed to lay my head for a night. So I called to see if I could get a better rate than what I was seeing on Holiday Inn's website and sure enough I was quoted a great rate. Well when I got there the room for which she quoted me was not available. Just as I was about to cancel the request the manager (Ms. Diane) gave me a better room (a suite) at the same rate quoted! This hotel is NEW so everything was really nice. Comfy bed, clean linens, and spacious room. The breakfast was wonderful...eggs were seasoned just right and I love the automatic pancake machine. Will definitely be staying again.

Room Tip: The Facility is new so you really can't get a bad room.
  • Stayed: September 2011, traveled on business
4  Thank MZMCKENZ
Also consider these accommodations in or near Picayune
Microtel Inn & Suites by Wyndham Pearl River/Slidell
Hampton Inn Slidell
Hampton Inn Slidell
#5 of 22 in Slidell
Best Western Plus Slidell Inn

Been to Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Picayune? Share your experiences!