“Run Down Filth”

Western Motel
Western Motel
Ranked #5 of 7 Hotels in Philadelphia
Reviewed January 31, 2014

We get there bed had nasty Sheets and Pillow Covers called front desk We was told We had to change them ourself and take dirty ones back to Office I told them Hell No.They had 2 India Men to come change when telling him I wanted pillow cases changed to he went to cursing and caring on the man next door came out ask what there problem was.so I refused to stay there The people running it or crazy.we sucked up our loss after refusing to refund monies.The door as well was all busted up. If u want to Stay n a Trashy Dump This Will Be the place.We went to Duluxe Much Much Better Would Highly Recommend.

• Stayed: January 2014
3  Thank lisallee
There are newer reviews for Western Motel

Reviewed September 21, 2012

I spent a two nights at the hotel last weekend. Overall, it's in a good location and my room was clean. The staff was helpful with my requests so that was a plus as well. The hotel could use some updating but it is still a good value for the price. I would recommend the hotel for travelers on a budget.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled on business
Reviewed April 22, 2012

The first thing you see when you pull into the parking lot is the burned-out remains of their restaurant. Interestingly, when I got into my room, the smoke detector had been removed from the wall and was in a drawer without batteries. The staff were very pleasant and friendly, particularly in the morning. The room itself was missing several things, like a coffee pot, an iron, a remote control for the television, an ashtray (it was a smoking room) and a working alarm on the clock. The curtain was broken, so I had to mess with it to keep anyone from seeing in. However, the area was very quiet on a Friday night, and that was with all the rooms in my wing full. (There was a festival in town that weekend) The bed was quite comfortable. The pillows on the bed had "soft" and "firm" on the pillowcases, which I thought was a nice touch. The continental breakfast was a choice of corn flakes or raisin bran, and a waffle maker. To drink there was coffee(which was good), orange juice and apple juice. I would have liked some fruit.

• Stayed: April 2012, traveled on business
1  Thank stencilstation
Reviewed March 20, 2012

When we checked into our room we thought the motel looked ok. We was in town to see some friends and just wanted a reasonably priced place to lay our heads at night. When our friends came to visit us at our room we were told that there had been a shooting there and there were drug dealers that basically lived in the motel rooms. While they were sitting there with us visiting the DEA drove through a few times and the city cops as well. I thought well if there are this many cops and stuff driving through then surely it will be ok but boy was I wrong. As soon as night fall hit men started knocking on the door, we would tell them to go away and they would be like come on babe don't you want to party with us and smoke some joints, after the 2nd guy knocked on our door doing this we called the front desk and complained she said there was nothing she could do. Finally after about an hour men knocking on our door we called the front desk to see about getting our money back because we wanted out. We were told that we had been in the room for to long and could not get our money back for the that night. So we just called it a lose and moved to a better hotel

• Stayed: March 2012, traveled with friends
4  Thank shane l
Reviewed June 27, 2010

the hotel was located just off the highway off the main drag behind commercial property in a quiet secluded area. the vestavel was very neat and attracting to the eye, the registration was smooth and easy, the contential breakfast was mentioned and there were USA TODAY compliments. There were also phamplets of attractions in the area. Internet was offered there was a water fountain, and a washer/dryer combination, the ice maker and vendor machines were at a nominal distance. There was also a neat swimming pool area. But the most of everything I noticed was how neat and pristene everthing was.

• Stayed: June 2010, traveled solo
3  Thank Cag R
Also consider these accommodations in or near Philadelphia
Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Philadelphia-Choctaw
#1 of 1 in Carthage
Inn the Oaks
Inn the Oaks
#1 of 1 in Decatur

Been to Western Motel? Share your experiences!