“Better than what I expected it would be”
Review of Dancing Rabbit Inn

Dancing Rabbit Inn
Ranked #3 of 7 Hotels in Philadelphia
Reviewed July 6, 2013

I recently stayed at the Dancing Rabbit Inn. The room was nice, spacious and clean. The staff was friendly. Check in and out was a breeze. I ended up in a handicap accessible room which, at first I didn't like because I wanted to relax in a tub after a long trip, but then I saw the advantage of not having a tub to clean and the convenience of a shower. The bed was extremely firm which for some may be a problem, but I adjusted to it. Overall, I was very pleased with my stay. Being a smoke-free hotel was a plus. I will most likely go back when I visit family in the future.

Room Tip: If you want to enjoy the view outside of your hotel window, don't get a room on the first floor...
  • Stayed: June 2013, traveled with family

Reviewed April 1, 2013

This place used to be a Hilton Garden Inn. They still have the nice beds, bedding and good service to keep the place clean. What they don't have is a decent breakfast, as advertised. More like a Super 8. NO hot water or tea bags for hot tea. A church group wiped out all the yogurt three days earlier and they never replenished it, no more fresh fruit, either on our third day. Bright side--decent work out room left over from Hilton, microwaves and refrigerators in the rooms--because you DO need to go to the little Piggly Wiggly in town to supplement the incredibly weak food that is served in the hotel "restaurants." More like bad dorm food in smoke filled rooms. Good smoke detectors, that DO go off in the middle of the night when someone tries to smoke in their rooms. Very friendly folks at the front desk, but check your bill. They tried to hit our 14 year old daughter's room for a $550 "breakfast" bill from the Dancing Rabbit Golf Club. (The golf package IS a good deal--only one breakfast option available at the Clubhouse though, and breakfast ends at 10am at the Clubhouse, so get there early).

Room Tip: Try to get a room on the top floor, as there IS noise from people walking overhead.
  • Stayed: March 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank dreytuch
Reviewed January 2, 2013 via mobile

I was not expecting much out of this hotel, now called the Dancing Rabbit Inn, but my was I pleased! Immaculately clean!! The sheets and comforter on the beds were cleaner than mine at home. :-) Quiet facility, easy check in and out. Fair breakfast, really just a waffle, no variety. Overall a fantastic stay and will stay again.

• Stayed: December 2012
2  Thank BogueBorn1
Reviewed August 20, 2012 via mobile

Reasonable room. Convenient to casino. Clean, nice, good price. Allows pets! For minimal fee of $10 I think it was. Which was great! Free breakfast, shuttle to casino. Can get pkg with water park tickets.

• Stayed: June 2012
3  Thank GandGRoss
Reviewed November 11, 2011

My husband was in Philly to attend a conference and we stayed at the Hilton garden inn. The over all experience was good. The staff at the front desk, and at breakfast were especially nice and hospitable. The only negative I might say is the room service clean the room very late in the afternoon. It might not be the Waldorf but clean, friendly and very convenient esp because there was a train station, eating places, and the convention center all within walking distance.

• Stayed: November 2011, traveled on business
1  Thank Rajidivakar
Reviewed October 22, 2011

This is great hotel with friendly staff, in a convenient location for the nearby Casino with good rooms at a cheaper price. The rooms are well appointed and clean, and, for me, this was a return visit.
Now for the BUT. The hotel is being sold, so Hilton are running it down. i.e. not replenishing the bar and not spending any more money. I don't know who the new owners will be or what they will do.

Room Tip: Rooms at the back have a better view
  • Stayed: September 2011, traveled solo
2  Thank ManicUSAVisitor
Reviewed October 18, 2011

My company had its annual golf tournament at Dancing Rabbit on Oct. 12th. I stayed at this property because it's parking lot joins the golf course parking lot...so less travel for me. This hotel is a great alternative to staying at the Silver Star Casino. I've stayed at the Silver Star numerous times and if you have too, then you know about the omnipresent cigarette smoke, irregardless of whether you have a "Non Smoking" room. Anyway...this property is well kept, fresh, and management aims to please. When I checked in the desk clerk asked if I'd like to credit this to my Hilton Honors account, which I had forgotten to furnish when the reservation was made. A 24 hour golf cart shuttle runs between the Dancing Rabbit club house and the casino for those who have the late night itch to gamble. The breakfast at this property was great, but a little pricey. No problems with security or anything else. I woudn't hesitate to stay here again...but I heard that the Tribe is going to buy this property and if that's true, then I'd expect the property & service to decline. I don't make the news, just report it....

Room Tip: A 4th floor room on the back (South) side overlooks the Dancing Rabbit golf course, much nicer view...
  • Stayed: October 2011, traveled on business
5  Thank WarmBeachLover13
Also consider these accommodations in or near Philadelphia
Best Western Plus Philadelphia Choctaw Hotel And Suites
#1 of 2 in Philadelphia
Golden Moon Hotel & Casino
Golden Moon Hotel & Casino
#1 of 7 in Philadelphia

Been to Dancing Rabbit Inn? Share your experiences!