Best Western Plus Philadelphia Choctaw Hotel And Suites
Official Hotel
Western Motel(Philadelphia)
$51
Priceline
Deluxe Inn & Suites(Philadelphia)
$55
  • Pool
Quality Inn(Louisville)
$80
QualityInn
All reviewssausageholiday inn expresspancakesnice hotelroom was cleanpancake machinefresh foodup to datebiscuitsbelow averagedining areaper nightyogurtcontinental breakfaststatescasinocomfort
FilterAll languages
Reviewed June 12, 2013

Excellent location for local attractions...stayed there one night in route to somewhere else...we really enjoyed the free breakfast. Everything was perfect except my husband said the bed was too hard and he couldn't sleep. The next day he was all stiff and tired. I slept fine, but I was tired from driving all day, so the bed didn't stop me from sleeping...I guess it is just a matter of opinion...but it was hard and we are used to sleeping in a very soft bed.

Room Tip: We stayed on first floor and there was not any noise at all.
  • Stayed: June 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank cdforsman
Reviewed June 12, 2013

We stayed here for overnight while visiting Geyser Falls Water park. The check in staff was nice and cordial. The rooms and condition of the building were just average,needing updating. Asked for non-smoking room which we received but there was also smoking rooms on same floor and this was extremely smelly while in hallway. Honestly if I had paid attention when booking, I would not have even stayed here due to this fact,but most hotels smoking rooms are all located on same floor and not mixed together. Both times,we went to front desk, we had to wait on clerk to come in from smoking and also waited for another one to check us out the next am while she was outside smoking. Elevator was extremely slow. Breakfast was good and the ladies serving it were exceptional. Considering the area,it was just average yet pricey. Have come to expect better accomodations from Holiday Inn

Room Tip: If you do not like smoking, do not stop here. The place reeks of it.
  • Stayed: June 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank Karen R
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Best Western Plus Philadelphia Choctaw Hotel And Suites, responded to this reviewResponded June 27, 2013

Dear Karen R,

Thank you for taking the time to write a review about your stay, and we greatly appreciate your compliments regarding our check in staff.

It is disappointing to read that you were not satisfied with the service that your received. I apologize if the smell from our smoking rooms negatively affected your stay with us.

Rest assured that your comments will be reviewed by the hotel's management and will be taken into consideration for future improvements. We do hope that you give us another chance to show you how great our hotel is.

Dhan M
Case Manager
IHG Care

Reviewed June 3, 2013

Excellent service from the front desk to the next day's continental breakfast. The breakfast Lady BECKY was such a sweetheart and very helpful to my husband and I. I will return. Holiday Inn Express Philadelphia Ms

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank felecia2013
Reviewed May 14, 2013

For the price, I expected more. For what the options are in this area, it was fine. I travel for work about half the year and this was my first time at this location. Everything about it from the location to the room, cleanliness, service, Wi-Fi speed, etc were just okay. Nothing to get too excited about, except for the breakfast. I think this chain offers the best variety and quality I've seen. The eggs here were fresh and good.

Overall, I would recommend this location.

Room Tip: Room 200 was quiet and uneventful, Everything I like in a room location
  • Stayed: May 2013, traveled on business
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Best Western Plus Philadelphia Choctaw Hotel And Suites, responded to this reviewResponded May 28, 2013

Dear MessNmagic,

Thank you for taking the time to convey your comments regarding your recent experience with us. We are pleased to note that you enjoyed our breakfast choices.

I am happy to read that you were satisfied with your stay. We would like to express our sincerest gratitude for your comments which allow us to confirm that our efforts for the well-being of our guests have been met.

We do hope that your review will be useful for any future travelers and we look forward to welcoming you back in Philadelphia in the future.

Dhan M
Case Manager
IHGCare

Reviewed April 21, 2013

We were here for a rodeo in Louisville, MS for our grandson. Hotels in that town were sold out so we made the short drive to stay here instead. You almost don't notice the property because it is a little way from the road. Very quiet location but within quick access of the nearby Silverstar Casino, Geyser Falls water park, Williams Brothers General Store and the small downtown area. Also Dancing Rabbit golf course is nearby as well.
Check in was a breeze as well as check out. The room was large with a nice desk and work area. Bathroom was clean and no complaints there either. I enjoyed the free Internet access that was no hassle and the above average buffet breakfast. They has pancakes, sausage, fruit, yogurts, assortedmuffinsandbagels, biscuits, gravy, etc. The pool was located behind the motel but not open yet, but we will check it out on our next visit since we will defray here again. The price was less than the casino rooms and Dancing Rabbit Inn. However, if you require an INdoor pool, you will need to stay at one of those properties for the extra $$.
Service t he front desk and in the breakfast area was very friendly and helpful.
Dining options other than casino fare or fast food is limited in this area. Several burger drive ins nearby and we ate for a 2nd time at a local restaurant towards downtown named City Limits that was very good and reasonably priced. I forget the highway#, but if you don't mind a 20-25 minute drive back toward Louisville,you can also eat a buffet lunch or breakfast, Friday night Seafood buffet or Sunday brunch at Lake Tiakota Resort.
In my opinion, a value stay for a nice property.

• Stayed: April 2013