“Super clean”
Review of Yogi on the Lake

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Pelahatchie
Yogi on the Lake
Reviewed April 27, 2014

Immaculate and pristine place! Perfect for kids but also great for adults. My husband and I enjoyed the beautiful views too. However, the cafe breakfast I'd skip next time, the eggs weren't too great and the food was cold.

Stayed: April 2014, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Lacy33

Reviewed April 14, 2014

I visited yogi on the lake in Pelahatchie, MS this past weekend and had a few concerns that they don't seem to take very serious. First off, there are a lot of things broken...water cannon, see saw water thingy (looks like its been broken for years), the big dumping bucket (sometimes), the two and only video games, the ATM, 3 of the 4 big umbrellas, and a couple of the pull rope water things. The staff never opened the working umbrellas in the mornings. I had to ask a few times to open them and on the second day had to try myself after waiting 1 1/2 hours. I was then approached by the maintenance man threatening me to leave it alone or pay for it !!! So, I gave him a piece of my mind. also, we had a kid stung by a wasp on the water park and store didn't have benedryl or first aid kit. it was first time the kid was stung, but thankful he wasn't allergic. Small thing but important. I'm probably leaving a few things out... I own my own business and know what a manager is supposed to have their people doing and this place must have a terrible manager (never met the manager). I'm sure writing this will have no bearing on that company but I think parents that are paying these high prices expect a park to be run a little better than I experienced.
With that being said, I would still return because the kids had activities and water fun and we had our getaway. It mentions a heated pool on their website on the site map, but no such thing there... water was freezing, but to be expected this time of year. only the kids ventured into that cold abyss. almost forgot, cabins smelled of sewer... I'm thinking there is no sewer vent. see attached pic of one of the skeleton umbrellas lol.

• Stayed: April 2014, traveled with family
4  Thank Billy M
Brian S, Public Relations Manager at Yogi on the Lake, responded to this reviewResponded April 18, 2014

Hello Billy, we truly appreciate you taking the time to voice your concerns about our campground and wanted to take an opportunity to respond. After we saw your review we sent our manager out to the water park to test every single piece of equipment and we only located one water gun that was broken. We are in the process of fixing that so thank you for bringing it to our attention. With regards to the umbrellas, we have a very severe windstorm here several weeks ago that destroyed some of our umbrellas. We have already ordered new ones (even before your review) and extra them to arrive soon. You had mentioned our heated pool and we wanted to pass along that we typically only heat it on weekends as hardly anyone is swimming during the week at this time of the season. It simply isn't cost effective for us to heat it every single day when only one child is swimming per day. Finally, with regards to the cabins that 'smelled of sewer', we are sending our maintenance staff over first thing tomorrow morning to ensure there is nothing wrong and again appreciate you bringing this to our attention. You mentioned you will return due to all of the fun your children had and we look forward to hearing your comments on your next stay when all of these issues will be resolved.

Reviewed April 8, 2014

We rented a premium RV site here. The campground is nestled away on a lake with a water park. We were there off season, but it was easy to see that this is a very nice park. The check in process was smooth and the site was top notch with a great view of the lake.

• Stayed: April 2014, traveled with family
1  Thank tchrisboyd

Thanks so much for taking time out of your day to write us a review here. We are truly glad to see that you had a wonderful time and hope you have a chance to return during our main season to see all the fun we have!

Reviewed March 18, 2014

My family and I do a weekend stay in the Cabins at Jellystone once a year. This is a time that we all look forward to and it seems that we will be increasing our number of stays per year, beginning this year! Although this Resort is children-centered or focused, adults love this place too, in fact, I am one of them! The activities are awesome and I love the fact that there is always something to do! The Cabins are always very clean and we look forward to settling-in upon arrival and getting prepared for the outdoor Family Movie Night that first night. The staff is always very friendly to my family and I and they seem like family to us! In fact, this has been our experience with everyone whom we have come in contact with during our stays at Jellystone. JELLYSTONE IS THE PLACE TO GO FOR AN EXCELLENT FAMILY GETAWAY IN MS!!!!
See You Soon...

Room Tip: The Cabins on the Lake are the BEST!!!!!
  • Stayed: September 2013, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
2  Thank Dr_Latonia_J_Lewis
Reviewed March 14, 2014

We stayed here right before Christmas. The staff was extremely nice and helpful! We loved the cabin and being right on the lake. The price was great, too. We will definitely be back! Our next trip will probably be in the summer so that we can enjoy all the different activities they offer!

• Stayed: December 2013
Reviewed March 14, 2014

We all had a great time at yogie on the lake. The cabin was fairly small however as little as we were in it, it really didn't matter. I liked the fact that they had a ton of activities for kids to do rather it was raining or sun shining.

• Stayed: October 2013
Reviewed March 11, 2014

Family did a weekend trip and had a blast! We went during the Halloween festivities. Trail or terror was so much fun. Kids and adults had a blast. Campsite was clean and restrooms are in close proximity to all sites. They have a full schedule of activities all day. Pancakes with Yogi or Boo Boo is the best. We can't wait to visit again!

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with this hotel

Been to Yogi on the Lake? Share your experiences!