“Average stay, average hotel” 3 of 5 stars
Review of Comfort Inn

Comfort Inn
Ranked #12 of 19 Hotels in Pearl
Natchez, Mississippi
“Average stay, average hotel”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 6, 2013

The room smelled like cigarette smoke, but it was clean and quite. Front desk check-in was very slow, we had reservations but it seemed to take longer than usual to process them. The person that was trying to check us in was very nice, so I don’t know if it was the system or training that made for such a slow check in process. Breakfast was provided with the room. There are a numerous restaurants within walking distance of the hotel – ask at the front desk for directions since we found our two phone aps gave conflicting directions and distances.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled solo
1 Thank Denver_Mullican

Tupelo, Mississippi
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 18, 2013

I had to travel to Jackson for business and called to make reservations. I stated that I needed two rooms and that it would be the government rate. She said she did have two rooms available at the government rate. I confirmed that it is the rate of $77 per night, the most allowable to be reimbursed for the Jackson area and she said yes. So I stated again.. two rooms at 77 and made sure the dates were correct. We arrived at the hotel after a long day in the field. The lady behind the desk said she only had reservations for one room but that she did have another room available. I told her that I was supposed to have two rooms already and if we could still get the other room for the 77 price quoted. She said no, that the other room reserved was for more than the 77. I said no... it was two rooms at the government price of 77. She called the manager and then said I am sorry we are not going to be able to give you the rooms at that price. I understand it was a busy week and they could easily rent the rooms for more, but there is no excuse for anyone to tell you they are reserving two rooms at the rate discussed only to have you show up and have this happen. I can't comprehend how that can botch this up with today's technology. Long story short, make sure if you call to get a reservation here you get it in writing. I travel frequently and this level customer service is the worst I have ever experienced.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled on business
2 Thank Kevin38866
johnson city tn
2 of 5 stars Reviewed May 19, 2013

We planned on staying 2 nights at this hotel the
second night we stayed they automatically raised our room rate $20 without our knowledge when we asked about it they had no answers we also received no room sercive we had to go down to the front desk for everything no one was of any help and the staff was unfriendly

• Stayed May 2013
    • 1 of 5 stars
AleksandraButler, Manager at Comfort Inn, responded to this review, May 21, 2013
Dear Valued Guest,
We are terribly sorry that your stay with us did not exceed your expectations. We apologize that your interaction with our front desk staff was not a pleasant one. Our rate is driven by occupancy and this information should have been shared with you when you decided to stay second night. Your feedback is very important so we are able to maintain high level of customer service. We regret that you were not happy with your stay. Our goal here at Comfort Inn is to meet all guest request whenever possible. We hope you would give us another chance and consider to stay with us in the feature . Please contact me directly at aleksandrabutler@gmail.com if you wish to continue this dialog. Thank you.
United States
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 1, 2012

Stayed 3 nights at this hotel while on business. All I can sayis that I was underwelmed. This hotel is far below the standard I have grown to expect from HI. It is the little things like the comfort of the bed, the filthy tile grout and the nice layer of black gunk growing in the corners in the bathroom and door hinges. Oh yeh, the surly staff was a nice touch also. Amazing what a smile and "Good Morning" does to start your day. If nothing else, this stay helps me decide that Hampton is better or me.

• Stayed February 2012
    • 2 of 5 stars
IHGCare, Guest Relations Case Manager at Comfort Inn, responded to this review, March 27, 2012
Dear wkelly5688,

First of all, thank you very much for your recent stay with us. I am so sorry to see you did not enjoy your overall experience with us. We’d like to obtain some additional detail regarding your experience. We have sent you a private message with more information. I look forwarding to hearing back from you.

Katie J
IHGCare
Chattanooga, TN
2 of 5 stars Reviewed August 23, 2011

We stayed here primarily because my son loves their cinnamon rolls. We paid $85 for the room, thinking that was a pretty attractive rate. The staff was excellent and went out of their way for us on a couple of occasions, but the room left a lot to be desired. This hotel is an older property and the décor and space are not up to HIE standards. You will listen to your room air-conditioner cycle on and off all night, and the light from the parking lot will keep you awake because the curtains (single layer) are inadequate to fully cover the window. The beds were the biggest surprise…normally a HIE strong suite, these beds were no telling how old. The surface was soft, but the bed sagged several inches in the middle. This felt more like a Motel 6 to me. That said, the breakfast was very good and the staff was great. But we will opt for the Hampton Inn next door on the next trip.

• Stayed August 2011, traveled with family
Los Angeles, California
1 of 5 stars Reviewed April 17, 2011

On the morning I was checking out of this hotel (after two extremely long days of meetings and before I was to take a 6-hour drive back home) I was awakened by the housekeeping staff at 7:45 am.

When I checked with the front desk as to why I was awakened I was told there had been a mistake and was given a sincere and heartfelt apology. Unfortunately after that I was awakened by the housekeeping staff beating on my door TWO more times in the hour after I called the front desk.

Evidently although check out is 11 am the policy at this place is to get guests up and out before 9 am. It worked that morning because even though I wanted to sleep in get some rest before I had to drive I could not rest and finally got up and checked out around 9:30.

What an absolutely terrible morning!

• Stayed March 2011, traveled on business
1 Thank RWinLA
hppycts
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 11, 2010

Hotel was a little worn but the room was clean. Breakfast includes basics like cereal and toast, scrambled eggs, biscuits w/ gravy and bacon. A lot of decent restaurant selections within a 3 minute drive so there's no need to get back on the freeway. However there's no restaurant within walking distance unless you want to go to Ruby Tuesday's. The hotel is located right behind Econo Lodge - it shares the same parking lot as Hampton's Inn.

• Stayed October 2010, traveled on business